A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Bill Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 18th, 2007 at 11:51 PM
sca because all of their forum times are suddenly 16 hours off.
Its an easy fix from your profile preferences. shk
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 18th, 2007 at 03:59 PM
grinnnn
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 18th, 2007 at 04:06 PM
Works for me laugh laugh
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 18th, 2007 at 04:11 PM
laugh p laugh

[Linked Image]
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 18th, 2007 at 05:19 PM
Okay...I don't mean to make this confusing but I went in and changed my time and it is still coming up wrong. Any ideas?
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 18th, 2007 at 05:42 PM
Did you make sure to click that button at the very bottom of your profile page after you changed the time?
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 18th, 2007 at 05:46 PM
Yes I sure did! No matter what I put in there, my clock doesn't change! It says that it is 3:46 am even though it really is 11:46 am. Duh
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 18th, 2007 at 06:03 PM
hmmm...maybe you should delete your cookies...on your profile page (the page where your PM's are)...you will have to sign back into the forum when you do this.

...sometimes that works for me.
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 18th, 2007 at 06:37 PM
Tried that! Still is not working!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 18th, 2007 at 06:41 PM
What time is showing up on your posts?
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 18th, 2007 at 06:51 PM
Right now it is showing up as 4:51 am when it really is 12:51 pm!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 18th, 2007 at 07:03 PM
I'll ask Bill about it... thumbup
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 18th, 2007 at 07:23 PM
Thank you!
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 18th, 2007 at 08:04 PM
Thank you Bill or whoever fixed my time! It works now!!! kissies
Posted By: Bill Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 18th, 2007 at 08:21 PM
I tried to warn you that we were headed into the Twilight Zone. perpl
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 18th, 2007 at 08:42 PM
No....it makes some sense!!! laugh laugh I just appreciate you fixing my time for me! Nothing I did worked! Thanks again! thumbup
Posted By: Bill Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 18th, 2007 at 08:51 PM
Twilight Zone... I didn't do anything to fix yours, but I'm glad it got better!
I saw one of Cindy's kin down in the black hole, he probably flipped a widget somewhere...
[Linked Image]

I did a test on the smoke alarm post that was stuck at 3:30 and it recorded the right time. Patience will reward itself and I'm sure it will all be back in sync before tonight.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 18th, 2007 at 08:53 PM
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Bill:
<strong> Suddenly there was a gaping 12 hour hole in the time/space continuom at that moment. When someone posts on a topic, assuming they adjusted their profile, the new topic should show at the correct time and the topic will have moved through the black hole to safety. If no one posts, the topic is stuck back at 3 o'clock this morning. Eventually, your computer's clock and the forum's clock and the servers clock will all catch up to each other, or someone will post on that topic and everything will seem like nothing happened, unless you read the posts before the the post that straightened out the topic... there will appear to be a 12 hour gap between the two posts, even though the posts may have been made a couple hours apart... That black hole in the Twilight Zone....

I probably sound like a raving lunatic now, right? grinnnn
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 18th, 2007 at 08:55 PM
I saw one of Cindy's kin down in the black hole,
Please send him home again, Bill..... :rolleyes:
I'll keep a better eye on him from now on. shocked laugh
Posted By: badplanter Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 18th, 2007 at 09:21 PM
wavey

Thanks for letting us know, Bill! kissies
I got scared when all the posts were off! shk laugh
Posted By: Bill Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 18th, 2007 at 09:26 PM
I knew there would be adjustment problems, but I thought the program would self repair a little faster than this. Its an old set of scripts and the older we get, the slower we move I guess.

Another analogy that might fit at this point, would be a bunch of pollywogs in a puddle. They are all just floating motionless until you poke one to get him moving, and he bumps into one and they bump into two more, then four etc. until all of a sudden the puddle is alive with pollywog bumping. We just had to do a little bumping to get the meta files moving again!

Some of our veterans around here can tell you horror stories of past problems that took months to resolve. This would be an easy fix if I wanted to shut down for 3+ hours and run the meta re-sync software, but if I did that you'd probably all be so bored, you end up going out and causing trouble around town and I don't want to be responsible for riots and carnage that would follow! angell
We'll be laughing before long! laugh
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 18th, 2007 at 09:36 PM
laugh laugh

Well here I was giving you credit for something that you didn't even do! laugh thumbup

Here is a big thank you to Cindy's kin! laugh laugh
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 18th, 2007 at 09:37 PM
Uh oh! As soon as I write that my time is messed up again! shk shk
Posted By: Shirley4 Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 18th, 2007 at 09:50 PM
Bill wrote:

(We'll be laughing before long!)

I'm laughing now laugh laugh laugh laugh

Now I know what you meant elsewhere when you said you poked a pollywog
Posted By: Bill Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 18th, 2007 at 10:00 PM
Originally posted by plantqueen:
Uh oh! As soon as I write that my time is messed up again! shk shk
I slave away all morning to get the pollywogs lined up correctly and you've already broken it again??? shk Ohhhhhhh Ohhhhhhh! frown
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 18th, 2007 at 10:08 PM
laugh laugh Sorry Bill! You better get working on those pollywogs again! laugh thumbup
Posted By: Triss Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 18th, 2007 at 10:21 PM
Those pollywogs never listen Bill. You gotta zap them a bit to keep them in line.
Posted By: Bill Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 18th, 2007 at 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Triss:
Those pollywogs never listen Bill. You gotta zap them a bit to keep them in line.
Hey! dev
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 18th, 2007 at 10:30 PM
I'll bet i can get then scrambling with that fly swatter!
laugh I would definitely try using that to straighten them out a bit!
Posted By: Triss Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 18th, 2007 at 10:38 PM
Betcha could! thumbup Just be sure to zap them quickly so they make it out to the other side ok. Would not want to overzap them and us be in cyberspace limbo for hours and hours on end.
Posted By: badplanter Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 18th, 2007 at 11:24 PM
laugh laugh laugh laugh thumbup
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 19th, 2007 at 01:54 AM
testing... testing 1-2-3
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 19th, 2007 at 01:58 AM
thumbup
Posted By: Triss Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 19th, 2007 at 02:04 AM
Now that force shield is a cool thing. Maybe is why Bill is keeping him handy. Duh
Posted By: sibyl Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 19th, 2007 at 02:56 AM
thumbup bill fixed the time in the GH

i tried to fix my time before and somehow messed up my graemlins grinnnn
Posted By: Bill Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 19th, 2007 at 03:11 AM
this must be why some of the topics have sync or test posted
the re-sync and test posts was just a manual method of getting the guppies to do what they were told. I will not accept insubordination from my metas! frown
Tonight there is a much greater crisis brewing in the Sky Valley... Heads will probably roll before the night is done! frown
Posted By: Triss Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 19th, 2007 at 03:17 AM
Oh no... remind me NEVER to make you mad at me Bill.
Posted By: sibyl Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 19th, 2007 at 03:38 AM
i think hes mad at his metas triss, sca i got scared there too!
i googled metas, they have somthing todo with codes in tags used for search engins,

Bill, when we link a site in here are we causing high traffic in the web sits?
Posted By: Bill Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 19th, 2007 at 03:51 AM
i think hes mad at his metas triss, [scaredy] i got scared there too!
Naw! Somebody disrespected my partner!
If you ever come to Sultan and walk up to a stranger and ask if they know where to find "that garden guy", you'll find quite a few who can point you to Cedar Hill...
Where's Margarita Bill? Half the town will point this way...
Tonight, I ordered a "Shadow Special" at the RoadHouse and that dumb butt couldn't even get the order right! Everyone in the county knows that a Shadow Special is two all beef patties (medium rare) with a slice of melted cheese on each patty. I pulled in here and told Shadow that I didn't forget him... but when we got in the house all we found in the carryout was ONE FRIGGIN DRIED OUT PATTY and not even a drizzle of cheese! Heads will be rolling down SR2 tomorrow! NOBODY makes a Shadow Special that way! frown Not acceptable at all! My poor puppy is devastated. He will probably need counceling because of a dumb hillbilly hash slasher! Poor Shadow. I'll try to bribe him with a Pizza but I'm afraid it may be too late shk [Eek!] The cook will be unemployed if not dead by dawn. Some things are just not acceptable! mad
He's crying on my lap as I type... sniff! Maybe if I toss a tenderloin on the grill he'll get through the night. Tomorrow he is having filet of chef for dinner! laugh
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 19th, 2007 at 03:55 AM
Originally posted by Triss:
Oh no... remind me NEVER to make you mad at me Bill.
I wonder if Bill has ever been mad at me? sca
Posted By: Triss Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 19th, 2007 at 04:08 AM
Awwwww poor Shadow. That is just WRONG!!!!
Posted By: sibyl Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 19th, 2007 at 04:14 AM
laugh and im trying to understand internet stuff to see if i did something wrong! OMG Bill i dont know how you do it!

poor Shadow, kissies im shure he will love the tenderloin,
sca poor chef! we may have to send Bill bail money!
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 19th, 2007 at 08:38 PM
My time is still wrong! Duh
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 19th, 2007 at 08:54 PM
Is it working now?
What time is yours saying?
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 19th, 2007 at 09:11 PM
Right now it says that I am posting at 7:11 am.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 19th, 2007 at 09:24 PM
My times' alllllllllwayyyyyyyyys off.. shocked :rolleyes: wink laugh
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 19th, 2007 at 09:38 PM
Originally posted by plantqueen:
Right now it says that I am posting at 7:11 am.
Well...until I ask Bill about it...all I can say is.....

teech There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man.
It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.
It is the middle-ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge.
This is the dimension of imagination.
It is an area we call the 'Twilight Zone.'
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 19th, 2007 at 09:39 PM
Did that help any? laugh laugh laugh Duh laugh
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 19th, 2007 at 10:03 PM
laugh laugh That helped a lot Cindy! thumbup
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 19th, 2007 at 10:11 PM
Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality. But... there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real, but not as brightly lit... a Darkside.

The Darkside is always there waiting for us to enter; waiting to enter us. Until next time, try to enjoy the daylight.
Posted By: Bill Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 21st, 2007 at 11:14 AM
teech
UBB.classicâ„¢ uses a series of files ("metadata" or "stat" files) to store frequently requested data about members and topics within a forum. From time to time, the information stored in these files may drift out of sync, resulting in occasional errors.
I just finished running the metadata rebuild software and currently the pollywog's are precisely lined up in their permanently assigned spaces within the Black Hole.
Hopefully, all lingering glitches that remained after our excursion into the Twilight Zone have now been rectified. If you're still having any time problems, please let us know!

Good night! wink
Posted By: Triss Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 21st, 2007 at 11:20 AM
Another late night for you Bill. Glad it was you fixin' stuff and not something else that had the Forum all closed up in the wee hours of the night/morning.
Posted By: Bill Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 21st, 2007 at 11:30 AM
It appears to be a late night for you too! laugh
Posted By: Triss Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 21st, 2007 at 06:34 PM
Yes Bill, unforatunately it was. Charlie decided that dinner was not good after all, but he fussed about it until 2:30 am or so before he lost it all. Long night!
Posted By: Bill Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 21st, 2007 at 07:43 PM
I'm used to getting up about the same time as I've gotten to bed the last two nights, but I can only do that kind of stuff in the middle of the night when no one is here. I have at least one more night of this fun. grinnnn :rolleyes: zzzzz
Posted By: Triss Re: Beware! I feel a time warp coming! - January 21st, 2007 at 07:49 PM
Well with any luck I will not be popping in while the Forum is closed in the middle of the night. I did get a lot of good reading done on my houseplants though! thumbup
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]