Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#10727 Apr 1st, 2007 at 01:32 PM
500 Posts
OP Offline
500 Posts
I have an area in front of a sunroom that just gets drenched when it rains - I am going to have to dig up my flowers I have been trying to grow there the last few years and install a patio instead, which is fine with me, but there are so many different styles of patio pavers - anyone have any favorites? It will be large enough for a bbq grill, maybe a firepit (a raised one) and a few chairs and bench.

PattyM
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Is it going to be covered at all? I would love to be able to have a padio. What do the chairs and bench look like? I'm trying to come up with some ideas but I need more visuals.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
500 Posts
OP Offline
500 Posts
No, it won't be covered. I'll run out and take a picture - Be back in a bit!

PattyM
500 Posts
OP Offline
500 Posts
Don't look at the messy yard - it snowed again today - itching for things to dry up!
Patio will be from the sunroom to the deck - will have to take out that sad looking flagstone path to the steps.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

PattyM
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
I think cobblestone would look good. Or brick in the laid out in the same pattern as your roof. Or you could put a circular design where the furniture will be and with concrete bricks or cobblestone for the rest, with some potted plants dashed around. Just some ideas of what I would like to do, if it were my house. Hope this helps. Can't wait to hear what you decide and what the finished project will look like.

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
500 Posts
OP Offline
500 Posts
I was thinking of a circular design also - since our house is 'round'.

I love the cobblestone too - different from bricks and would match the stone edge I think.

I can't wait for spring/summer! It's only suppose to be in the 20s again this week and snow AGAIN!

PattyM
Twinkle
3k Posts
Twinkle
3k Posts
very cool house....i love the rocks!

the cobblestone is my first thought too! STILL SNOW????????? i would just die if we had snow here, as far as i am concerned, it is spring all the way!

OUR HOME NEEDS OUR GNOME!
Twinkle
3k Posts
Twinkle
3k Posts
oh yeah, the first thought about your house was it looks like a hobbit house! i really like all the curves!

OUR HOME NEEDS OUR GNOME!
500 Posts
OP Offline
500 Posts
We are in a winter warning right now through tomorrow, 5-9 inches of snow expected. AHHHHH!!!! If you look closely in the patio door window - you can see my bigger plants that have outgrown my 'gardenhouse' in the basement furnace room waiting for spring!

PattyM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Northern Star
30k Posts
I love the idea of pavers but alas where I live the frost works the ground too much so we have to use slabs of poured concrete.

I love the look of small pavers, I think cobblestone is a great idea as well. Keep us posted with a pic or two.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,880
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image