Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello. Can anyone tell me about growing patchouli? My grandmother grew it for as long as I can remember,hers always came back year after year but mine I have to replant every year.Please help.

MLN Offline
According to some info I read on the web, if you are anywhere but in a tropical location, your best bet is to grow it in a pot and bring it inside during the winter. It also said you can propigate by taking cuttings.

[Linked Image]
Nature Lover
OP Offline
Are there more than one kind?All I know is my grandma brought hers back from india in the 1940's.Could what I have been trying to grow be from some other country?And do you know if I should bring the whole pot in or can I just dig up the root bulb and store it in a sack like I do with bulbs? thanks for the tip I'm going to try growing it in a pot this year and see what happens.

MLN Offline
I don't think so, the only one I found was Patchouli, "Pogostemon cablin." I can't remember the original site I was looking at but found an informative thread on:

http://davesgarden.com (under PlantFiles)

Hope this helps.

[Linked Image]
Nature Lover

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,904
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image