Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#126244 Sep 8th, 2007 at 03:57 PM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 877
500 Posts
500 Posts
Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 877
I just received 20 of these from ebay - looks like really healthy bulbs/roots. I only had a few this summer and absolutely loved them.

The Black-Eyed Susan right behind it - I started from seed and it's my favorite - it's kind of a ruffled type - anyone know what kind it is? I can't remember planting any seeds other than just plain BES - but I could be wrong.

[Linked Image]


PattyM
ND farm girl #126484 Sep 9th, 2007 at 06:28 AM
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,275
Number Seven
1k Posts
Number Seven
1k Posts
Offline
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,275
I love Stargazers, too....and they smell great!

The thing about planting BES from seed is that you often get different blooms, sometimes on the same plant. I started some this spring and some were solid yellow and some had a brown inner circle, but they came from the same seed packet.


[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
alankhart #128400 Sep 12th, 2007 at 12:21 PM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 6,191
5k Posts
5k Posts
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 6,191
I love Stargazer Lilies also, their smell is incredible!


[Linked Image]
Land of the FREE, home of the BRAVE

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in August
Gardening in September
Gardening in October


Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,335
Posts243,554
Average Daily Posts5
Members16,003
Most Online142,934
May 16th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
Karys 1
Random Gallery Image
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1