Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#163279 Dec 23rd, 2007 at 09:26 AM
OP Offline
I'm sorry to say I got a little carried away with myself last year and repotted my indoor citrus tree into a very large (18 inch) clay pot. We have had this tree for three years and it is about 32 inches tall. It regularly flowers and always has an abundance of fruit in varying stages, however, we have noticed a major leaf drop and no flowers for the last few months, probably since I put it in its new pot. I have been toying with replanting it back into a smaller pot. Maybe a 12 inch pot? Would it do any good? Would it do any further harm? Thanks in advance for all your ideas.
David

David Wallace
Owner/Operator, Maine-ly Bees
Bowdoinham, Maine
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
there are so many variables. my first thought was to move this post, until i read that it is a house plant.

what size pot was it in before? does the new pot have the same drainage as the old pot? lighting change? soil moistness? and so on. what you really want to do is try to recreate the same environment (including the potting) that the plant was in last year. if it is in to large of a pot, potting it back down won't necessarily hurt it, depending on how it is done.

#163370 Dec 23rd, 2007 at 05:33 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Hmm, the new pot should of been better as long as it has good drainage. I'm wondering if there might of been something in the new soil you used.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Sunflowers #163838 Dec 25th, 2007 at 09:35 AM
WildRedRidingHood
4k Posts
WildRedRidingHood
4k Posts
Hi Neighbor!!!! How are you? I don't have an answer for your problem, just wanted to say that I've missed you around the forum. I tried to PM you, but got a message that you weren't recieving pm's.

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,889
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image