Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#2685 Mar 25th, 2007 at 09:08 AM
njoynit Offline OP
2k Posts
OP Offline
2k Posts
Just letting Everyone know that I have white blooming water lillys.I'll do for postage.A few of my fishing spots need cleared a little.It burns me to lose a large bass cause he hung up in lilly pads.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

I will age ungracefully until I become an old woman in a small garden..doing whatever the Hell I want!
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
i'd like some, but please wait until i get your package and $$ in the mail. i'm just toooooo slow!

#2731 Mar 25th, 2007 at 10:23 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
[Linked Image] Njoynit!!! I sure wish I had a place to put some of those lillys!!.. cuz I'd hate for you to loose a big bass too getting snagged!!![Linked Image][Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
njoynit Offline OP
2k Posts
OP Offline
2k Posts
ok jiffy you just let me know when ready.Don't worry.I'll be watching them& cussing them& can scream'you just wait sucker....your leaveing to go to jiffys house"

ya'll watch your walmarts/lowes they get those 20 gallon patio tubs with a pump or can buy the barrel drop in liners for about $12 at lowe's.I pot my tuber in milkjug now and set a rock on top.My dogs started playing with the beer bottles...and we;re dragging beer bottles and plants through the yard.

I will age ungracefully until I become an old woman in a small garden..doing whatever the Hell I want!
5k Posts
5k Posts
00000000 njoynit if you still have extra ill take some too ! my water lilys have never bloomed,

[Linked Image]
sibyl #9831 Mar 31st, 2007 at 01:46 PM
njoynit Offline OP
2k Posts
OP Offline
2k Posts
I'll gladly send the entire ponds water lillys to anyone.
ok sibyl I got your order.

500 Posts
500 Posts
njoynit, if you have any extra I would like to try yours. I have brought two kinds and used fertilizer tabs and only had one bloom for me in 3 years.

Would you like a trade or postage?

Do what you can where you are with what you have.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/audwoman/
njoynit Offline OP
2k Posts
OP Offline
2k Posts
cinta,let me know what you have to trade....and we'll go from there.

I also have LA Iris
flowers/April12007iris.jpg" alt="[Linked Image]" class="post-image" style="height:auto!important;max-width:100%!important;"/>

the bed needs thinned.

Sibyl,I'm sure I have your address still.I only have 2 minnow bags empty right now,but will grab some bags from town when get more minnows.
This is lizards tail.
http://www.pondkoi.com/plant_pop/HBP-061.htm

yes it is awesome.I grow some in a bathroom sink in shade bed.

I've not used the pond tablets....cause have a hard time finding them,so have not used them.My 1st guess as to why not blooming would be how much sun they get.I've noticed the ones that get less sun don't bloom& I'm sure no one's fertilizing them either.

5k Posts
5k Posts
i love the lizzards tail!

[Linked Image]
#15194 Apr 5th, 2007 at 01:17 PM
njoynit Offline OP
2k Posts
OP Offline
2k Posts
Penny Ontario Botanical Gardens has a nice water garden.I've got a VHS tape from a show done there on gardners diary.They took these cast iron beds and made water beds out of them for victoria water lillys.You should go take some pictures for us.

5k Posts
5k Posts
Originally Posted by njoynit
I'll gladly send the entire ponds water lillys to anyone.
ok sibyl I got your order.

kissie thank you njoynit!!let me know who much postage to send ya clap

[Linked Image]
I would love some water lilys!! I didn't get mine out in time last fall and it froze :-( . Will you send me your address and how much the postage will be?

Thank you, thank you!

Sharon M

#29120 Apr 23rd, 2007 at 05:55 AM
njoynit Offline OP
2k Posts
OP Offline
2k Posts
I removed a lure from here.My reddish orange rooster tail.Ain't the clouds pretty?
[Linked Image]

Here's a recient shot of flower
[Linked Image]

njoynit Offline OP
2k Posts
OP Offline
2k Posts
I'll do flat rate boxes.The bag will have some water in them& some air.

Still have my addy sibyl?I PM'd you nick

#30007 Apr 24th, 2007 at 09:36 AM
5k Posts
5k Posts
shock njoynit! i didnt get your pm!
thumbup i still have your address grin

[Linked Image]
njoynit Offline OP
2k Posts
OP Offline
2k Posts
I been so busy fishing& gardening......I've not had time to look in every nook in comp room(which needs cleaned)And I did so much work in yard yesterday...I'm too sore to clean it today.I swear my bone marrow aches too and I don't know how much is from the rain now and the work I did.I do know the pains from the scratches on hand are from the roses....lol

I believe the lizzard's tail grows taller in water than in bog.That's just an assumption from fishing where it is taller.Mine in yard is planted in a sink sunk in ground.

Hey Penny...The waters not bad either.I fell in a month ago.I was casting*sightfishing.casted my a$$ right out of boat.I was tangled in lilly pads so was NOT easy returning to boat

#32758 Apr 27th, 2007 at 04:33 PM
njoynit Offline OP
2k Posts
OP Offline
2k Posts
Sharon.I got.will ship Tuesday.

The water lillys are fragrant at night.

njoynit Offline OP
2k Posts
OP Offline
2k Posts
I'm shipping today.The lizzards tail will be blooming shortly& christy...I stuck you a russian canna in.You'll definately want to grow it potted.It blooms late in season..about august(I know...drives me nuts....will drive you MORE nuts than me,but you can grow it over winter and have blooms in Febuary*I know..I tried it!*)
Iris are cut back just go on and plant.They die back now.it's normal.Mound soil...lay roots on soil and cover its fine to have the tuber sticking up some.Hey.they we're fertilized yesterday..lol

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
I want a POND!!!!!! whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Ok I feel alittle better now. Sorry for the interruption.

You can bet that if I had a place to put them I would ask for some of them too. They look fantastic.

[Linked Image]
5k Posts
5k Posts
clapthank you njoynit!! i hope i sent you enough postage! let me know if i didnt thumbup

[Linked Image]
njoynit Offline OP
2k Posts
OP Offline
2k Posts
Tammy.You'd be surprised at how easy they are.I think i enjoy the dragonflies the most& the frogs singin to me(hubby always wants to shoot them....they'd be tastey...lol)I'll do some pics today.

njoynit Offline OP
2k Posts
OP Offline
2k Posts
Jiffy.We got alot a rain the waters up& after I almost fell in lake.........(in what I planned on wearing to town...)I'll try to get some monday& maybe the water will be down.
3.12 inches of rain may not be much in the yard...but will make a 7 acre lake rise a good 3 feet.I had to fetch my minnow bucket& my trash can where I toss my beer cans.

anyone recieve theirs yet???????????????

My computer is haveing issues.It goes online& I can instant message....but my web browser does NOT detect internet connection.I'm on FILs.I'm at a loss cause the system restore did not fix...where's the GURU when ya need him??

njoynit Offline OP
2k Posts
OP Offline
2k Posts
Jiffy I shipped yours Monday.You may already have it..........BUT.My computer is fixed& thats a GOOD thing.

Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffy I shipped yours Monday.You may already have it..........BUT.My computer is fixed& thats a GOOD thing.
your computer fixed is much more important than my lilies, i miss you when you aren't here kissie

i didn't get a package today, so must be tomorrow. that will be perfect. i can get it in the pond when i get home... i didn't come straight home today.

#46861 May 17th, 2007 at 11:27 AM
njoynit Offline OP
2k Posts
OP Offline
2k Posts
yes.It IS a good thing computer fixed now.
computer room cleaned....
beer restocked
But I didn't catch any fish...lost my favorite lure....again.(I'll leaarn one of these days to stop fishing the lilly pads....but the bass R there.I seen its tail when the lure landed as I scared him....)

My pond looks happy.I got tadpoles too.

Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
i got mine grin

[Linked Image]

in it's temporary home!

Sharon.I got.will ship Tuesday.

The water lillys are fragrant at night.

The plants were wonderful!! Thank you so much for sending them. The lily's came in bloom!! The Lizards are growing and the water iris are in the tank in the house until we get them in the pond. I have plenty to share with my neighbors pond too! Thank you for being so generous.

Thanks again!!

PS.. I picked up two water hyacinth at the nursery. They are very interesting plants and my goldfish don't eat them :-)

Sharon M

njoynit Offline OP
2k Posts
OP Offline
2k Posts
They look good jiffy.I hope ya love the glads blooms they are range with yellow.I've posted photo in a glads topic on Plants&flowers(Hey Tammy...jiffy just showed ya a pond...lol)Jiffy.I snapped a picture of pond while watering too.Multitasking...haHA

#62100 Jun 9th, 2007 at 02:16 PM
Wild Willow
500 Posts
Wild Willow
500 Posts
Oh wow.. I really like the Lizard Tail.. does that spread great big? My pond isn't real big so I have to be careful of what I get.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,887
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image