Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#170301 Jan 10th, 2008 at 07:57 PM
OP Offline
Hello Everyone,

My name is Kathy. Now that the holidays are past, I can't wait for spring to arrive. Since that won't be for a while, I've resorted to the old standby of flipping through books, looking at old gardening pictures, rearranging and planning borders in my head, ordering some seeds, and going online....which is how I arrived here. I've never posted anything before and am looking forward to chatting with fellow members and getting some new ideas and maybe some help with a problem plant or 2. Looks like a great forum.

Kathy
Half the interest of a garden is the constant exercise of the imagination.
#170342 Jan 10th, 2008 at 09:04 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
wavy welcome kathy!

#170360 Jan 10th, 2008 at 09:34 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Kathy--Hi-glad to meet you---I think you will be very happy here---

I hope to see you down in Banter Hall soemtime-- thumbup

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
JunieGirl #170388 Jan 11th, 2008 at 05:07 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Hi Kathy....a big welcome from me as well.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Sunflowers #170437 Jan 11th, 2008 at 10:34 AM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Hi there Kathy, you aren't the only one eagerly awaiting spring! lol

I HATE being stuck in the house in the winter, I miss being outside---even if it's to be out there weeding.

Like Cindy said, stop down in the Banterhall and then go into the Coffee House---we're always in there chatting away!

Welcome to the forum, glad you joined us! kissie

Laura

#170902 Jan 12th, 2008 at 08:21 AM
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
spring!!! Did I hear the word spring!!!

I can't wait for spring that is if I've found a house by then. Oh the dreams of spring I have had this winter you wouldn't believe. I'm so ready to be moved and in the new place and planting seeds and......well you get the picture.

Welcome aboard.

[Linked Image]
tkhooper #170986 Jan 12th, 2008 at 01:45 PM
I can't wait myself for spring to hit us. I am not looking forward to the snow we are getting tomorrow into Monday. Oh well, we will all be outside enjoying the warm weather soon.

Does anybody have any suggestions on Orchards besides watering them I was told to go to a nursey and they sell tablets u place into water that helps ordhands bloom again. Is this true?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
dakota

The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize.....

Well, you know what they say: if you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me!

Dakota #170992 Jan 12th, 2008 at 02:11 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Hi Kathy!!! grin Ohhhhhhhh man I think spring from the time it starts getting cold,, notme lol I'm sooooooo ready to get my hands dirty! lol

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Dakota #171072 Jan 12th, 2008 at 07:01 PM
OP Offline
Hi Dakota,
Thank you for the welcome. I actually wish it would snow here. It's cold out but if we had some snow I could take my daughter snowboarding..(Christmas present...now she must learn patience)

As for the orchids, I can not be of any help. I have killed every house plant I have ever owned..One of my reasons for joining. As I take my latest victim to the compost pile, my husband just looks at me and shakes his head. He can't understand how someone can make a garden thrive outside but can kill a plant so quickly inside. I currently have 3 new victims lined up (I do this every year after the holidays) One day I will succeed. :wink:
Take care,
Kathy

Kathy
angelblossom #171073 Jan 12th, 2008 at 07:09 PM
OP Offline
Hello everyone,
Thank you for the warm welcome. I have visited Banter Hall as I get to know the site and will be back visiting. I also happened upon pictures of Angelblossom's dog Emily. She/he is adorable. My beloved dog of 16 years, Shelby, passed away in the beginning of December. Emily has made me consider adopting another. She is so cute. Wandering around has also made me curious about what kinds of cameras are being used. Great shots of Emily, butterflies, flowers and birds.. I have a feeling my "interests" section is about to expand.

Kathy
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Awwwwwwwww I'm sooooooo sorry about Shelby,, I had a cat for 16 years and it took me anopther other 10 years to get another pet, I soooo regret having not gotten another pet sooner,, Emmy is my joy,, the problem is I still have to work on getting her to understand she's a Dog and not a human,, haha I can't imagine why she would think that,, notme

I like you was never really good with house plants untill I moved here to TX and Lived in apts with no yards,, I had to have green and I had to play with dirt so Houseplants became my hobbie trial and error,, Oh I had some in KS too But not as many,, But Now I have a house and a yard and garden inside and out,, lol

IT just takes some getting used to,, water, NO water,, Sun, little sun , filtered sun , direct sun,,,, But when I began to look at houseplants like an outside garden my houseplant began improving for me,, Once I placed them in their required light setting,, I the grouped them in Lots of water to hardly any water,, I found a system that worked for me.. BUt One good thing is,, You put them in the compost pile so other plants will benefit,, so all is not lost thumbup :wink:

Come on to Banter Hall and Join us in the Coffee house,, we are warmly welcomed!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
angelblossom #171364 Jan 13th, 2008 at 12:25 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Sunshineseeker
Welcome---so glad to have you---and so sorry I missed you in the CH last night---Ihope to talk to you soon--- thumbup

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Dakota #171713 Jan 14th, 2008 at 09:02 AM
Hey Kathy

Thanks for the reply on the orchards. Also sorry to hear about ur indoor plant experience ...tooo funny lol

The snow came down and it was not as bad as they said it was going to be.

These forecasters don't know what is up or down latley with New England weather.

cracks me up haha

Talk to u soon maybe

Dakota

p.s
snow boarding is a kick [BLEEP] time by the way!

The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize.....

Well, you know what they say: if you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me!

Dakota #171722 Jan 14th, 2008 at 10:19 AM
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
If your having a problem with orchids you need to identify the type first. They come from a variety of places with some very different needs. If I misunderstood I'm so sorry.

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,884
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image