Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#175940 Jan 27th, 2008 at 03:38 AM
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,285
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,285
Does anyone know of any great dieting tips? I found some great healthy recipes online, ive started walking around 3- 4 miles a day, plus i babysit my 19 month old neice (runs alot) but i also wanted to know what youall do to keep in shape?

so anything at all that you all can give me great


pleaseee... Betty Crocker aint got nothing on me =)
toposh #175945 Jan 27th, 2008 at 05:56 AM
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,415
Likes: 67
Northern Star
30k Posts
Northern Star
30k Posts
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,415
Likes: 67
Drink lots of water and don't eat heavy foods late at night....


~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Sunflowers #175951 Jan 27th, 2008 at 06:19 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001
That's what I was going to say Tamara,, also try to eliminate as much "white" foods as possible,, ie Breads, sugars, crackers, and cut back on red meats, eats lots of fruits and veggies,, fresh if possible, and eat baked/roasted meats, not Fried, and like Tamara said Water, water water, drink 8oz of water before eating a meal eat only until you are just beginning to feel full, yet not quite there, then drink another glass of water.


[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
angelblossom #175957 Jan 27th, 2008 at 06:28 AM
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,285
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,285
Okay thanks yall!
yea for the last couple days and until i get down ive gone vegetarin no meat ive been eating mostly cucmbers and apples; cucumbers get all of the water out of you, the keep ya full, and the apples have pectin in them which is a thing that is in jello its a thickner so it keeps me full

I cant stand to drink alot of water, lol but imma have to do it, :( it makes my stomach turn,lol im weird my stomach has a mind of its own.

once again thanks for the tips!

Yea i couldn't stand not putting sugar in my coffee this morning omg i chugged it.... but at least i didnt put sugar in it...

Its raining here, well off and on so that foils my plan of mowing the lawn, and weeding, and triming the bushes.

thanks again tamara and angelblossom!


pleaseee... Betty Crocker aint got nothing on me =)
toposh #175962 Jan 27th, 2008 at 06:32 AM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 3,540
The Man
3k Posts
The Man
3k Posts
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 3,540
don't eat after 7pm or 8pm so if you feel hunger, your body will used the stored energy (fat) instead of putting more food inside your system

my english teacher (health fanatic) suggested to me to try fasting a day or so to clean out the body (i guess he was hinting something to me lol) i've tried it and you don't feel hungry at all for a good day or so, you can start eating again once you do


[Linked Image]

Helping the world one seed at a time

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. Mary Ann LaPensee
toposh #175964 Jan 27th, 2008 at 06:35 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001
Toposh I use splenda in my coffee and I use skim milk.


[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
kennyso #175966 Jan 27th, 2008 at 06:37 AM
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,285
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,285
sounds good, imma put er ones tips to work, thanks kenny


pleaseee... Betty Crocker aint got nothing on me =)
toposh #175969 Jan 27th, 2008 at 06:38 AM
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,285
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,285
yea i thought about splenda but wasnt that originally a pesticide?


pleaseee... Betty Crocker aint got nothing on me =)
toposh #175974 Jan 27th, 2008 at 06:46 AM
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,415
Likes: 67
Northern Star
30k Posts
Northern Star
30k Posts
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,415
Likes: 67
I don't like the taste of diet foods or sugar...I'm a real sugar fanatic though.


~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
toposh #175978 Jan 27th, 2008 at 06:49 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001
Originally Posted by toposh
yea i thought about splenda but wasnt that originally a pesticide?








shock Uh oh! shock


[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
angelblossom #175980 Jan 27th, 2008 at 06:51 AM
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,415
Likes: 67
Northern Star
30k Posts
Northern Star
30k Posts
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,415
Likes: 67
Sure tastes like it could be.


~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Sunflowers #175985 Jan 27th, 2008 at 06:53 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001
I guess I'm just used to the taste,, sweet and low leaves a baddddd after taste, so does equal,,


[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
angelblossom #176005 Jan 27th, 2008 at 08:01 AM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 3,540
The Man
3k Posts
The Man
3k Posts
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 3,540
if you can get your hands on it, you can try stevia, it an herb with a natural sugar content which is about 20 (or 200X I can't remember) the sweetness of sugar without the calories. It's all natural.


[Linked Image]

Helping the world one seed at a time

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. Mary Ann LaPensee
toposh #176008 Jan 27th, 2008 at 08:10 AM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 3,540
The Man
3k Posts
The Man
3k Posts
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 3,540
Originally Posted by toposh
yea i thought about splenda but wasnt that originally a pesticide?


I never knew that! I've heard sugar substitutes could cause cancer...


[Linked Image]

Helping the world one seed at a time

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. Mary Ann LaPensee
kennyso #176049 Jan 27th, 2008 at 03:13 PM
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,285
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,285
yea they could, i know spelnda had tons of cholorine in it. Normal foods have them too but splenda has a lot lot more. Yea I done some more reasearch it was stumbled upon by scientists seeking a new pesticide formulation, it is made from sugar though. The sugar molecule but three of the hydroxyl groups in the molecule have been replaced by three chlorine atoms! But they claims its safe, anything to me that was originally a pesticide im not going to use it...

but in their own animal testing for a short amount of time it showed that it cause shrunken thymus glands and enlarged livers and kidneys in rodents. But its not ocnclusive though they say because it was tested on animals not humans which may have differnt results.

plus some peoples bodys abosrbs differnt things from the sugar some peoples body may tak in alot of the chlorine over some time and it would cause a problem, some peoples body dont absorb so much there for things could be fine for them, but truellyy no one know the long term affect of it. I know scary isnt it and the FDA isnt really doing anything about it theve left a whole lot of the testing to the manufactures of the product, and since its made from one little sugar molecule they say its all natural....



pleaseee... Betty Crocker aint got nothing on me =)
kennyso #176050 Jan 27th, 2008 at 03:20 PM
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,285
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,285
Originally Posted by kennyso
if you can get your hands on it, you can try stevia, it an herb with a natural sugar content which is about 20 (or 200X I can't remember) the sweetness of sugar without the calories. It's all natural.


Kenny thanks I found a website that sells the seeds online ill have to order some of them sometime this weekm then take em to my grandma for her to grow them until the get big enough (i never have luck growing from seed,only have luck with sunflower seeds.)


pleaseee... Betty Crocker aint got nothing on me =)
toposh #176051 Jan 27th, 2008 at 03:21 PM
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,285
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,285
you were talking bout the plant itself werent you or already made?


pleaseee... Betty Crocker aint got nothing on me =)
toposh #176053 Jan 27th, 2008 at 03:28 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
you can get both.

my biggest diet tip is water. drink water before you eat anything.

i'm staying out of the splenda/equal/sweet and low/nutrasweet debate. i will say that my dr said that splenda was the safest of them and for his patients who need to avoid gaining weight, that is his recommendation. and for many folks, artificial sweeteners are their only option.

toposh #176074 Jan 27th, 2008 at 05:04 PM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 3,540
The Man
3k Posts
The Man
3k Posts
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 3,540
Originally Posted by toposh
you were talking bout the plant itself werent you or already made?

Like Jiffy said, both plant and ready made should be the same, I've never used it before but I have seen it in health food stores.


[Linked Image]

Helping the world one seed at a time

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. Mary Ann LaPensee
toposh #176079 Jan 27th, 2008 at 05:23 PM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001
Originally Posted by toposh
yea they could, i know spelnda had tons of cholorine in it. Normal foods have them too but splenda has a lot lot more. Yea I done some more reasearch it was stumbled upon by scientists seeking a new pesticide formulation, it is made from sugar though. The sugar molecule but three of the hydroxyl groups in the molecule have been replaced by three chlorine atoms! But they claims its safe, anything to me that was originally a pesticide im not going to use it...

but in their own animal testing for a short amount of time it showed that it cause shrunken thymus glands and enlarged livers and kidneys in rodents. But its not ocnclusive though they say because it was tested on animals not humans which may have differnt results.

plus some peoples bodys abosrbs differnt things from the sugar some peoples body may tak in alot of the chlorine over some time and it would cause a problem, some peoples body dont absorb so much there for things could be fine for them, but truellyy no one know the long term affect of it. I know scary isnt it and the FDA isnt really doing anything about it theve left a whole lot of the testing to the manufactures of the product, and since its made from one little sugar molecule they say its all natural....




shock Danggggggggg How old are you?????????????????? lol lol lol


[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
#176081 Jan 27th, 2008 at 05:25 PM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 30,001
Originally Posted by Jiffymouse
you can get both.

my biggest diet tip is water. drink water before you eat anything.

i'm staying out of the splenda/equal/sweet and low/nutrasweet debate. i will say that my dr said that splenda was the safest of them and for his patients who need to avoid gaining weight, that is his recommendation. and for many folks, artificial sweeteners are their only option.


Yep Jiffy Dwight's Dr. told him to use it because of his diabetes too, and said it is the safest, I bake with it all the time,


[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
angelblossom #176082 Jan 27th, 2008 at 05:28 PM
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,285
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,285
im 15 angel blossom, lol, im pretty good when it comes to searching things about food, lol that why imma on a diet! lol


pleaseee... Betty Crocker aint got nothing on me =)
toposh #176084 Jan 27th, 2008 at 05:31 PM
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,285
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,285
I am however going to buy those stevia seeds online, and go to the store and get some packets of it. im so excited ill be able to drink coffee with sugar again!

Huh i just read that stevia may also reduce the incidence of tooth decay. (yay me!)

Last edited by toposh; Jan 27th, 2008 at 05:37 PM. Reason: found a cool peice of info on it

pleaseee... Betty Crocker aint got nothing on me =)
toposh #176091 Jan 27th, 2008 at 06:10 PM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 3,540
The Man
3k Posts
The Man
3k Posts
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 3,540
Originally Posted by toposh
im 15 angel blossom, lol, im pretty good when it comes to searching things about food, lol that why imma on a diet! lol


no kidding, you're great searching! I'm 16


[Linked Image]

Helping the world one seed at a time

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. Mary Ann LaPensee
kennyso #176092 Jan 27th, 2008 at 06:24 PM
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,285
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,285
lol thanks, cool im not the only teen on here!


pleaseee... Betty Crocker aint got nothing on me =)
toposh #176138 Jan 28th, 2008 at 04:25 AM
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,415
Likes: 67
Northern Star
30k Posts
Northern Star
30k Posts
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,415
Likes: 67
Mark is your age as well but I think he has been grounded lately lol but we are waiting for his return.


~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Sunflowers #176147 Jan 28th, 2008 at 05:15 AM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,743
1k Posts
1k Posts
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,743
Starting my diet today, to much candy over the winter,its going to be hard, because I think I'am addicted to suger. I'am going to start todo my yoga again, and then I use my weights to tone up my muscle's. Let me know how you are all doing. thumbup wavy


[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

"All good things come to those that wait."
Sunflowers #176149 Jan 28th, 2008 at 05:17 AM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,035
Likes: 38
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,035
Likes: 38
I used to use Equal--staying away from "the pink stuff'--as i had heard bad things--

then when splenda came out _ used it exclusively. BUT when I began having trouble with urgency with my bladder I read someplace about foods with sweetner in them causeing a problem--so--I stopped using the spenda & went back to sugar in my coffee--and the urgency went just about totally away---my Dr said she had not ever heard of such a thing--but it works like that for me---bad news is I have gained 4 pounds---ang I too want to lose not gain--

I too am at wits end--I have been on weight watchers 3 or 4 times & I must have been over zelous somewhere along the way and lowered my metabloism-- because I have to eat very little in order to drop any weight--- tears


[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________



Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
JunieGirl #176162 Jan 28th, 2008 at 05:40 AM
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,285
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,285
juniegirl, take b-12 vitamins! they boost ur metab! and eat some more cucumbers (i swear by them i really really do) its a dieurtic and its made of 96% water and it fluses u out. Thats why ive been eating them religiously lately and apples. those are the only 2 things ive been eating. but im talking multivitamins to make up for er thing else...
hey do what kenny said get some stevia the sell the sugar packets of it in stores, its all natuaral no calories and its made from a plant so its not artificial


pleaseee... Betty Crocker aint got nothing on me =)
toposh #176163 Jan 28th, 2008 at 05:40 AM
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,285
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,285
were here for u matriarch and also let us know how its going!


pleaseee... Betty Crocker aint got nothing on me =)
toposh #176169 Jan 28th, 2008 at 05:47 AM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,035
Likes: 38
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,035
Likes: 38
Thanks toposh--I knew about the water--I have just gotten away from it---I guess back it is---

and B-12 it is----& I happen to have a B-complex here--so I can start today!!!

clap clap


[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________



Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
JunieGirl #176360 Jan 28th, 2008 at 06:06 PM
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,256
Likes: 33
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,256
Likes: 33
I need to get back to a better diet too. I did it a couple of years ago after I had been sick and I felt good. Of course, I've returned to my old habits of ice cream, cookies, gallons of Pepsi, white bread yada yada yada, and I can really tell the difference in the way I feel. I'm going to get back on track.



Matriarch #176364 Jan 28th, 2008 at 06:12 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Originally Posted by Matriarch
Starting my diet today, to much candy over the winter,its going to be hard, because I think I'am addicted to suger. I'am going to start todo my yoga again, and then I use my weights to tone up my muscle's. Let me know how you are all doing. thumbup wavy


I missed this post of my moms in here.....You can do it mom! I don't want to see a billion candy wrappers in your trashcan next to your bed ANYMORE! nono neenee

She did get rice cakes today. thumbup One thing I must say though mom that I've told you a lot---you need some cardio exercise in there. Yoga and lifting weights alone isn't enough.

Good luck to all of you that are dieting. I eat a lot of junk and I know I need to eat healthier but my weight stays about the same---I never ever weigh myself, I just judge things by the way my clothes fit me.

#176377 Jan 28th, 2008 at 07:13 PM
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,285
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,285
I think this might have been one of the best posts ive ever posted its nice to know im not in it alone! and that yall are starting doing it with me! yay! loz your a lot like my grandma I would kill to have her metabolism shes been a size 2 i think all her life, never gains a pound she never has to work out and she eats candy all the time, shes 71, im happy for her though... just wish i wouldve inherited the GENE! Im glad your getting back on track matriach and also all the rest of you that are doing it to! YOUR NOT IN IT ALONE!


pleaseee... Betty Crocker aint got nothing on me =)
toposh #176453 Jan 29th, 2008 at 04:18 AM
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,415
Likes: 67
Northern Star
30k Posts
Northern Star
30k Posts
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,415
Likes: 67
I think it is genetic. My mom is so tiny and so is my grandma...the older they get the smaller they are. The same thing is happening to me now. I have to fight to keep weight on lately.....not a good thing, I look so sickly.

Yet I do know what a struggle losing weight is. Being pregnant wasn't nice to me. I had gained over 70 pounds that time, took me 2 years to get most of it off.

Loz, think your mom would save that candy for us?


~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Sunflowers #176455 Jan 29th, 2008 at 04:35 AM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,035
Likes: 38
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,035
Likes: 38
Originally Posted by tamara

Loz, think your mom would save that candy for us?


now, there is an idea. thumbup
Do we put our names on a list to receive the candy, or what??/ why lol

Last edited by JunieGirl; Jan 29th, 2008 at 04:35 AM.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________



Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Sunflowers #176457 Jan 29th, 2008 at 04:37 AM
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,285
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,285
Nooooo tamara dont speak of candy! lol haha, . im sorry about you not being able to keep at a good weight tamara

Last edited by toposh; Jan 29th, 2008 at 04:50 AM. Reason: put loz's name instead of tams

pleaseee... Betty Crocker aint got nothing on me =)
toposh #176458 Jan 29th, 2008 at 04:37 AM
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,285
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,285
NO candy! lol

Last edited by toposh; Jan 29th, 2008 at 04:37 AM.

pleaseee... Betty Crocker aint got nothing on me =)
toposh #176460 Jan 29th, 2008 at 04:39 AM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,035
Likes: 38
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,035
Likes: 38
Originally Posted by toposh
NO candy! lol


haha So, does this mean your name is NOT going on the candy list??? haha neenee


[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________



Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
JunieGirl #176467 Jan 29th, 2008 at 04:52 AM
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,285
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,285
No im not being put on the list! lol ive resisted candy for the last 2 days and i even turned down apple pie thats how determined i am, i do though have a great easy recipe for apple pie that im going to put in the recipe section....

im getting side tracked, lol


pleaseee... Betty Crocker aint got nothing on me =)
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in August
Gardening in September
Gardening in October


Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,335
Posts243,558
Average Daily Posts5
Members16,003
Most Online142,934
May 16th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
Karys 1
Random Gallery Image
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1