Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I bought one of these and would like some help on how to care and water it.
It is on top if my cabinet at work under high fluorescent lights..
Thanks so much for the help! bow
Greg nooo

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
When life gives you lemons...do the Macarena!! :)
Number Seven
1k Posts
Number Seven
1k Posts
Even though it is called a cactus, it isn't as drought tolerant as a regular cactus, so water it on a regular basis, but avoid overwatering. I let mine dry out completely between waterings. They bloom when the days get shorter and the nights are cooler. So, you'll want to turn off the flourescent lights or move it to a darker spot for a about 2 months next year when you want it to bloom again.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Bright light, water when the top inch or so of the soil is dry. Feed half strength 10-10-10 or 20-20-20 or Miracle grow every 2nd or 3rd watering. Leave outside in the fall to get the cool temps that will induce budding. Bring in before first frost, buds should be well on their way by then.

My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
yikes

Holy toledo..........i dont do all that with mine.. I have had them for years.
Some on the north side of the house and some on the south.. Either way they bloomed........
They like part sandy soil and like to be crowded.....I have peach, white, pink, red, and now yellow........Mine are easy and great....

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
I need to transplant mine and I'm unsure how to do it or even if I should. I've had it for about 4 years and it is the most pathetic little thing I've ever seen, but by golly it has given me one beautiful HUGE bloom every year?! It is not full and lush, in fact just one "stem" about 5 "sections" and that's where it blooms. The other "stem" is only 3 "sections" and has yet to produce a bloom.
It is in a window on the on the north side of the house and it only gets about 3 or 4 hours of sun daily.
HELP!!!
And thanks so much!

Mine is in a south facing slider and gets lots of indirect light and is growing and bloomed like crazy. In the Summer it is on the side porch that is south facing and it gets indirect light there too and does really well.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,880
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image