Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#180369 Feb 10th, 2008 at 02:42 AM
SherylG Offline OP
OP Offline
I've just found this forum by accident this morning and it looks great! I have about 3.5 acres of property with the possible use of a 10 acre field next door (maybe). We just moved here in October so haven't had time to do anything with it yet. We plan to plant the entire thing in vegetables, flowers and herbs.

We also have a great chicken set up already in place and plan to get chickens shortly, as well.

We are just over the city limits of a good sized town and are right on the corner of a busy highway. We are hoping to set up a market stall at the highway next summer to sell our stuff. We are also planning on giving a lot to the Salvation Army Soup Kitchen in town.

I have a lot of plans for the property. I am studying muchroom growing and beekkeeping at the moment with hopes for these in the future too.

I am a part time (spare time) artist, specializing in pets portraits and wildlife but usually only durig the winter. I also work full time in an office, so I don't have a lot of time. Hubby is a great help and does a lot, though.

SherylG #180397 Feb 10th, 2008 at 05:16 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Northern Star
30k Posts
Hi and welcome from the Maritimes.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Sunflowers #180410 Feb 10th, 2008 at 06:59 AM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
welcome sheryl to the friendliest place on the web. where you will find gardening in a friendly family environment.

SherylG #190767 Mar 9th, 2008 at 09:09 PM
How much do you charge for doing a pet portrait? I have a mid size dog and would love to have a portrait of her. Can you paint or draw(which ever you do) one from a picture? I could send several pictures so you could choose. If not that's okay too. I have a schnauzer (spoiled rotten one at that) I live in Texas so it would all have to be by mail. Not sure if it will work for you. Just a thought. thanks

I think it is wonder that you are setting up a soup kitchen and all. We need more people like you around. I am into saving the earth and recyleing and all.
I try to help out with donations as much as I can. Plus what we don't eat goes in my compost pile and nothing is wasted. I try not to throw anything away. I even reuse wine corks in my garden.(I tye them on string and have plants wrap around them and climb down or up like a trelles.) gmom wavy clap clap

Last edited by gmom; Mar 9th, 2008 at 09:10 PM.
gmom #190796 Mar 10th, 2008 at 04:15 AM
The Man
3k Posts
The Man
3k Posts
Hi and welcome from a fellow Ontarian!

[Linked Image]

Helping the world one seed at a time

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. Mary Ann LaPensee

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,893
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image