Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#182293 Feb 15th, 2008 at 07:50 AM
Bonny Offline OP
OP Offline
Where can I find a place to purchase this tree? The Park seed catalog carried this plant a year ago. I went to order it & they were out. I tried calling their catalog service & they didn't seem to know a thing about it. I received their catalog & it is no longer in there. I saved the page to the old catalog & figured I would try to order it this year. A description of it would be IIex verticillata Berry Nice. For a low maintenance tree with suberb fall & winter color you cannot better Berry Nice. The natvie Winterberry Holly is deciduous, it leaves turning from deep green to yellow in autumn before dropping and it offers masses of showy bright red berries throughout fall & winter that stand out like fiery flames in the bleakest winter landscape. 1 quart container Z3-9; winter;sun part shade H:6-8" W:3-5' $9.95 ea. If anyone would know where I could purchase this tree I would greatly appreciate it.

Bonny #182308 Feb 15th, 2008 at 09:46 AM
The Jedi
1k Posts
The Jedi
1k Posts
Forest Farm has it for $15 in a 1 gallon pot. Carroll Gardens has it in 2 gallon pots for $24.52.
http://www.forestfarm.com/search/closeup.asp?PlantID=ilve040

http://www.carrollgardens.com/trees_shrubs/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=420-10-13914

Last edited by obywan59; Feb 15th, 2008 at 09:58 AM.

Terry

May the force be with you
Bonny Offline OP
OP Offline
Obywan59, Thank you for the nice resources. I will contact these two places on Monday. One place advises a mate that blooms at the same time to cross pollinate. The other place I will have to ask them for sure maybe they have a male/female tree? Either way I am happy to have found two places that handle these beautiful trees. Thanks again. Bonny

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,885
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image