30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
wavy

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Jiffy , what a good way to start a coffeehouse...
We've had a fairly good day today- Mom seems a little more "there' today... she has been joking around with us and the doc so that is very encourging to us.
I talked to my sis today and asked her to come over for awhile tomorrow so I can nap for a while- gotta get some rest or won't be functioning to well. Carrie is going to come over and make Easter dinner too- that will be a big help.. Joe helps as much as he can- he made dinner tonight which was really nice, especially as he still hurts too.
Well I am off for the night- have to check out the bank stuff- while I keep my connection up...
Nana

[Linked Image]
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
g'night nana. i'm glad it was a good day and i hope your family continues to work with you to keep your mom.

it just sounded right on the coffee house. part of me wants to delete them but part of me wants to leave them for cindy. i guess we'll see how the week goes next week.

Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
snooz ok, i'm outta here... good night all snooz

2k Posts
2k Posts
Hello everyone,

i know it s been a long time and my apologies, i come back and saw this big black shadow covering the gh; tell me what happened to our cindyloo, please i d like to know and of course my prayers and thoughts are with cindy, Bill and family....looking forward for an answer.

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Morning all.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hi Tamara,,, how goes it in snow country,,?
We are supposed to get a little tonight or tomorrow but sure hope it waits or doesn't show up...
Nana

[Linked Image]
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Good morning, all.

I'm a little tired today. Last night I finished dialysis at 9 PM and there was a mix up about my ride so I didn't get home til 10:30. I would have been more annoyed except that another transport company from a town about 30 + miles north of here came all the way down to get me so I wouldn't have to wait even longer. The guy was really nice, too. Still, I find it hard to get home so late.

Today I've been on the phone with my EX's girlfriend planning our menu for tomorrow. She is going to cook many things I would traditionally cook, using my recipes so Maxi and I feel right about our Easter dinner. Later today she is doing the last of the basket shopping now that she also has a list of things I always make sure are in Maxi's basket. She even took his basket over to their house and we told Maxi the Easter Bunny would visit him there this year because he knows where Maxi is.

They will come get me in the afternoon and it should be a fun day but not too much for me.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
That sounds like it will be a good day for you and Maxi. Merme. I'm so happy you are home and on the mend.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Merme, sounds like a good plan for you and Maxi, at least the girlfriend is being good to Maxi and making sure you both have a good Easter-- so glad to see you are doing okay with the dialysis - even if it does keep you out later than normal for it- bet it will take a while to get kinks out of transport problems..

Nana

[Linked Image]
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Thanks, Tina. It was a long time coming to get here. It is good to be well enough and strong enough to do some things on my own again. Rehab was wonderful for me because they really make you work! It is impressive what can be accomplished in just a few days of consistent effort. It took about 9 days before I was strong enough to try walking again but once I got up, they had me making progress by leaps and bounds. But those 9 non-walking days in rehab after nearly four months of not walking, were great. They had me working out and working out ... legs, torso, arms, legs, torso, arms. So when I was finally strong enough to stand unassisted, the walking came beautifully.

I have the High Performance style walker, the Lambourgini of walkers. It has wheels, hand brakes, a seat, a basket, and is candy apple red. That thing can fly, so you have to hold it back a bit.

I can take about 350 steps now. It makes my butt ache, but those muscles will get strong again too.

Now the kid and I are anxious to get moved and to plan our summer.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
2k Posts
2k Posts
HI EVERYONE, REMEMBER ME, A FEW POST UP I ASKED ABOUT CINDY.

HOW YOU ALL DOING, MERME, sorry for the caps thank god you all know me.i m glad you and maxi will have a good time, had i know i would have sent maxi those tato candy he likes so much;got to say i dont have much time these days,somedays it sound like kaboom everywhwere at the airport,hahah.

well please tell me about cindy before i leave in a few minutes.

happy eastre to all the little bunnies.

xoxox

2k Posts
2k Posts
hello tina, what s new glad to see you here.

merme, you re a very brave person and i m very happy you can walk, do sometimes it must have felt really hard deep down you made it and i salute your accomplishement, very happy for you, keepup the good work.

it sounds like quite the corvette you ve got there, and what a nice color for it also.

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Franny ~ there is a thread at the top of Banter Hall that is called "Please pray for Afgreyparrot". It will tell you about Cindy and her progress.

It is good to see you on again.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Yup, my walker is definitely a Hot Rod, Franny!

lol

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Franny!!!!!!!!!!! grin wavy Good to see you!!!!!!! kissie clap

How are you braving the weather up there?? boohoo

Hey Merme! so ya got that hotrod walker smokin' huh? lol You go girl! clap

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Yup, Diane, she is a-smokin' now and tomorrow I am going to walk outside for a bit. Can't wait.

We are in another day of high winds, but that is important to "defrost" the trees and get the sap running again, so I do not gripe. I just hold onto my hat and think about maple syrup! lol

How's your spring weather?

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Our spring is great so far,,!~ Remembering this is also tornado season for us all the way thru Sept, boohoo We had a fairly mild winter, so we're expecting really hot temps in late spring and summer, but for now,, I savor each glorious day! clap

You keep hanging on to your hat in the wind and think of the Maple syrup! lol It won't be long now when you will take walks without holding on to your hat and the warmth of the sunshine will wrap you up and give you lots of time outside! :wink: flwr

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Glad you are having a great spring so far!

Diane, can you tell why my photobucket image won't show in Cindy's treasures thread?

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
hiya merme!

ive got cookies in the oven baking i got tomatoes and jalepano peper and green pepper and cabbage growing. have baby tomatoes and cabbage and the hot peppers with blooms and baby little vegies growing except the cabbage but its getting bigger!

pleaseee... Betty Crocker aint got nothing on me =)
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Hi Scott ~ Nice to see you.

Your garden sounds great! We are still under several feet of snow cover though it won't last too much longer.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Merme your pic shows I see it and I don't think I am seeing things...
Nana

[Linked Image]
2k Posts
2k Posts
thanks guys, i ll look it up before getting ready for an easter supper at my aunt s tonite.

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL!!

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
The coffeehouse is quiet tonight. I guess everyone is busy with preparations for tomorrow? I'm goint to go lay down for a while and maybe watch some TV, but I'll be back later.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
hey yall guess what!? we found a house were going to buy its huge 4 beds 2 bath on a corner lote has a great room big kitchen and lani no pool but well put one in here the plants i plan on planting hydrangeas by the drive way from the arbor day foundation and magnolias and fruit trees hopefully and plant my rose bushes and lilac and jasmine and transplant the plants that i have...

pleaseee... Betty Crocker aint got nothing on me =)
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Hello, in for a few.

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Hi Tam ~ Good to see you.

Congratulations, Scott, on the new house. It sounds great!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Hi Merme, are you snowed in down there?

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Nope, sorry, Tam. We just have old snow cover. Wednesday night we had a mix of snow/ice/rain but nothing since.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
The snow here is awful, the banks are higher than my house. I can't wait for this winter to be over.....it's been a long cold one.

Sorry to hear about your 'drive' situation. It's hard depending on others.

Little Babe
2k Posts
Little Babe
2k Posts
We're back now from a day at the hospital and Cedar Hill. Mommy is resting now. She is worn out. We got a much needed break from the hotel room. Going to CH was great. Brennan had a ball. I think he ran Bill to death! Thank you Bill for giving us the break we needed. kissie

I hope everybody enjoyed the show on the webcam. I wish I had had something other than my pj's on. blush

[Linked Image]

Rachel

(the new and improved Mrs. rachelc)

If you never have you should. These things are fun and fun is good.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
What REALLY ticked me off about my ride last night is that the same company was scheduled to pick up three of us. I was done first. The next guy was done 1/2 hour later, and the next lady was done an hour after me. Although I was finished first, and there was PLENTY of time to get me home and come back, they would NOT take me first because the dialysis unit forgot to call them ahead and remind them to come get me! They wanted me to wait until they had taken both other people home first.

I'm glad the other company drove all the way from Yarmouth to come for me. But on Monday I am going to be on the phone with the comapny office!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Hi Rachel ~
Although I didn't see you all on the cam today, I bet you were as lovely in your pj's as you are in anything else. Semms to run in your family.

Am so glad you got to spend time at Cedar Hill... it must have been a relief.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Glad to hear things are getting better Rachel. Even if it's a slow process, as you said 'baby steps'. Maybe Bill will get a good nights rest if Brennan played him out.

Dial-up won't leave me load up the pics from the webcam...so I didn't get to see your pj's lol

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Merme, hopefully you get it all straightened out. It'll be hard on you worrying about Maxi when he is home and your late because of their forgetfullness.

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
I am so tired, it's 10:30. I'm waiting on DH to call so I can go pick him up, he's playing pool at his co-workers house. I usually got to bed early....

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Rachel ~ just by way of encouragement to you when it all seems that progress is slow. I was in a coma for six weeks back in 2003. From what my family told me later, it was a very slow process for me to get well enough to come back, and it all happened in tiny increments, a little at a time. It wasn't like "sick one day, well the next". It was small improvements over a long period. I do not remember my time in the coma and the weeks immediately following are more of a blur than anything else with scattered images... the beloved faces of the people who visited me, the voices of my friends in prayer, finally having the trache changed to one of a different shape so I could speak again and being so RELIEVED to have my voice back!

Your mom may not remember too much from being as sick as she was and that can very well be a blessing for her later on. These things do take a tremendous amount of time and effort but we are all with you every inch of the way.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Little Babe
2k Posts
Little Babe
2k Posts
thank you so much for your words of encouragement. I need all I can get right now. I know it's going to be a very slow process. I can be patient. Just as long as I know it's all going forward. I hope she doesn't remember what is going on now. I can't even imagine how badly she hurts and how scared she is. I'm very grateful to be able to be here with her but I still feel so helpless because there is nothing I can do to help her feel any better. All I can do is stand by her and love her and have Brennan her to love her, too.

[Linked Image]

Rachel

(the new and improved Mrs. rachelc)

If you never have you should. These things are fun and fun is good.
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Rachel, loved the pictures Diane saved and posted from the Cam!!!
Don't fret about your PJ's! They just looked like pink slacks or some kind of pant to me. I would never have known if you hadn't told us!! lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,893
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image