Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 32 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 31 32
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
If you need any sort of medical/rehab supplies, please let me know. I have lots of free stuff and connections. I'm also trained in rehab. Glad to hear she will be going home soon. I know you're excited! Also count me in for the quit smoking rehab group. I thought I was going to quit, but I haven't.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
10k Posts
10k Posts
I have no personal desire to quit smoking cigarettes but I know that if I smoke it will be very hard for Cindy to not fall back in the habit. Maybe it would never hurt her if she did smoke, but I will never let her take the chance. Someday I plan on sitting in our rockers together and reminiscing about the day she finally got to come to Cedar Hill, and the gardens we've created together! Many, many years from now.... :ding:

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Awww, that's so sweet. I know what you mean, my b/f has no desire whatsoever to quit and that's a BIG reason for my lack of motivation.

10k Posts
10k Posts
Originally Posted by chermoni
If you need any sort of medical/rehab supplies, please let me know. I have lots of free stuff and connections. I'm also trained in rehab. Glad to hear she will be going home soon. I know you're excited! Also count me in for the quit smoking rehab group. I thought I was going to quit, but I haven't.
A while back, one of our members quit, or tried to quit smoking and got a lot of support here. I hope we can do it together! Whoever picks up the patch (or gum or....) first please start a topic here and lets see what happens....

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
It always helps to not be alone in something.

10k Posts
10k Posts
What happened to Cindy had nothing to do with her smoking, but I know that her recovery would have been much quicker if she had never smoked.... I never want to go through what we have gone through in the last five weeks, again. I have never been so scared in my life! tears

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
I can only imagine. Smoking does put toxins into your body and my doctor always gives me a hard time about my smoking. "Your colds wouldn't last so long if you didn't smoke, you would've healed faster from surgery if you didn't smoke, you're allergies wouldn't be as bad if you didn't smoke, quitting smoking would help with your anxiety." I'm glad that your making a healthy choice on Cindy's behalf. It shows just how much you really love and care about her. Give her a hug from me next time you see her.

The Bird Man
5k Posts
The Bird Man
5k Posts
I quit smoking 25 years ago and have never really drunk. Only very occasionally. I had some wine 4 years ago, my last beer was 5 years before that, and it's been about 20 years since I had any hard liquor.

[Linked Image]
Kingdoms RAGE and go to war...but the PEasants plant potatoes..

EARTH FIRST! (we'll strip-mine the OTHER planets later.)
10k Posts
10k Posts
I know what you mean, my b/f has no desire whatsoever to quit and that's a BIG reason for my lack of motivation.
You can never "make" someone quit..... many people have tried with me. The last time I tried, I made it 13 days then I got THE call that my Mommy was in a coma. After a few months we lost her but I was smoking like a chimney and haven't stopped. This time, my Cindy woke up so I think I can make it....

You did great, Thorny and I'm sure you will be chasing birds for many, many years because of it! kissie

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Bill
You can never "make" someone quit..... many people have tried with me.

That is sooooooo true,, I have a lot of people nag me about it,, and when I'm ready I WILL quit,, I have to really want to first,, then it won't be a problem,, Kinda like a diet IF I really want to and it's self motivatied I can do it easy, but I can't be pushed into it, and those that don't smoke and never have or did just for a short time have no idea how hard it is to quit after 30 plus years of smoking to just Quit.
I tried the patch once and it made my BP soar, so now I'm scared off patches, gum doesn't work either,, BUT I've heard the craving for a cigg generally last 3 minutes, and IF you drink a glass of cool water in that 3 mintues it helps with the craving,, I don't know,, about that,, why Alls's I know is that when I'm ready ,, Realllllllly ready I can do it,, But until that time comes,, I support all who give it a shot whole hearted,, as that takes a certain strength of will power all of it's own.

Good Morning Cindy!! Still praying for gained strength in every moment of your day! kissie

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hi Bill-
Count me in as support too- never smoked but am allergic to it so have a hard time visiting with people who do... one of the reasons I counldn't go to my sis's - her house literally made me sick- of course mostly cause she never cleans either.. You and Cindy make such a wonderful couple- I agree this was meant to be for you both- and I can see you in your "old" age in the rockers with Willy too of course , remembering all the crazy and wonderful things you have both accomplished in your lives and gardens.
Nana

[Linked Image]
1k Posts
1k Posts
Morning Dianne, Bill and Cindy,hope you all have a great day. wavy prayers

Still in my prayers, Cindy and Bill. prayers rose

"All good things come to those that wait."
Critter Keeper
5k Posts
Critter Keeper
5k Posts
Count me in on the support team. I quit around 95 smoked 3 packs a day for 42 years. It is not easy and still at times I wont one but I know better. My girl friend smokes but not when we are in a closed space. Also stopping smoking will be better for Lola, Shadow and your cat (according to a vet we has once). I will pray you stop without any bad withdrawals and still praying for Cindy's full recovery. I am so glad you got the doctor in a bear hug and made him see the light that you are right. I brought my Billie home and never regretted it as she recovered (that time) and we got to spend a few more years together. I know you can and will do it . thumbup

[Linked Image]
Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says Keep it organic.

GOD BLESS THE U.S.A. Pray for our Troops!

Jimmy's Blog
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Bill, stopping smoking is a wonderful thing to do because of your love for
Cindy! kissie

I quit cold-turkey and it has lasted over 20 years!! So add me to your numbered list of supporters!!! thumbup

I am so glad you 'arm-wrestled' the doctor and won!!! You're right that Cindy belongs at CH during the rehab part of her recovery!! luv

I have been off here a few days because of being with my EX (he is teaching me to play golf!!) so I was glad to read that Cindy will be ready to 'get out of there' and go HOME for rehab!!!! bop clap

I have to leave again for a Teachers Conference Monday night through Friday so I will miss your home coming Cindy Faye, but when I get back I hope I read lots of good reports! I love you, and will be seeing you on the 4th of July!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Bless you Bill--we know you WILL be taking good care of Cindy. And we know you willnot let her over do.

* I basically slept & sat here on my computer for a month or more after my last surgery. but hey! you do what you gotta do.*

Last edited by JunieGirl; Mar 29th, 2008 at 08:06 AM.

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
10k Posts
10k Posts
I am so relieved to hear how well Cindy is doing!

I think the stop smoking support topic is a GREAT idea thumbup I've been thinking about quitting too,especially since my dear friend Amy has just been diagnosed with lung cancer tears

G~Mom

Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
rolz rolz

Bill an Rachelp both online and we still have no Cindy report for saturday. It is 9:27 pm here on the east coast......

They arent talking to US .. Maybe cause we were bad this morning. yikes

Last edited by dodge; Mar 29th, 2008 at 06:28 PM. Reason: wrong word

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
rachelp Offline OP
Little Babe
2k Posts
OP Offline
Little Babe
2k Posts
Sorry guys, didn't mean to leave you out of the loop. Nothing new really to report. Mommy is healing everyday. She is very tired and VERY ready to come home. I think it will make all the difference in her healing once she is able to get back to CH. I have been lucky enough to talk to her 3 times today. It's still very hard for her to talk. The ventilator hurt her throat pretty bad.

Keep up the prayers and good thoughts for her. She knows you are all sending it her way.

[Linked Image]

Rachel

(the new and improved Mrs. rachelc)

If you never have you should. These things are fun and fun is good.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Thank you, Rachel. When we don't hear we assume things are going along smoothly. But it is very nice to hear it for sure.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
kissie

Thanks Rachelp,

Glad you didnt forget us. Just made us a wee bit nervous, if we dont get a daily up date.

Still praying .
Hope your all getting some sleep.

Have a nice weekend.
thumbup

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Yes RACHEL--thanks for the update---I think we all feel better when we hear postive updates every so often.

And count me in for the great smoke out support group.

I have never smoked, but I am more than willing to support those of you who want to quit. There is strength in numbers !! for sure. thumbup

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Originally Posted by rachelp
Keep up the prayers and good thoughts for her. She knows you are all sending it her way.

We will Rachel, for as long as it takes for her to be fully recovered. thumbup

Thank you for letting us know what's going on. kissie

#197011 Mar 29th, 2008 at 09:28 PM
5k Posts
5k Posts
Bill & Rachel...and gardening friends....
When I got the call about Cindy I was in shock....due to my health, I have let some things get lost in the shuffle...how sad that I haven't checked in enough with my dearest friend to even know that she was having these difficult times. I have been praying and have had my entire church praying for Cindy ...and will continue to do so until she is completey healed....
I haven't been on the "new" improved forum so it has taken me a bit to figure it out...and I am still working on it...SHEESH...I am STILL the nut!
I am here for her Mr. Bill & Rachel....I promise!

I have missed you all GREATLY!

[Linked Image]

Happiness, like a dessert so sweet.
May life give you more than you can ever eat...

Continual prayers for Cindy Lu Faye Bob
Miss V.....so good to see you again.
You have been missed dearly. So sorry to hear you are not well.
How is the little man doin?
Hope that you are back when you can... kissie :ding:

Old age ain't no place for sissies
5k Posts
5k Posts
The littel Peanut....that is not so LITTLE anymore is doing quite well....we had to change his medication several months ago and he is like a new boy! As a matter of fact they are talking about letting him go to public school next year...a lot of changes. He is just as cute as a bug and getting much easier to handle...and I am VERY thankful!

I will be back often....VERY OFTEN!!!!

[Linked Image]

Thats great news Vanessa, you must be very proud of his advancements, I hope you give yourself a pat on the back for that too.. You never gave up on him, and did everything you could to make it easier for him and your family.
How's your house? did you get everything done you wanted? Last I heard youhad gotten your dreamstove, and were thinking about doing some baking for the restaurants there?

Old age ain't no place for sissies
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
V!!! Is that really you! shock kissie clap

How about we move over to the Coffeehouse as to not clog up Cindy's prayer topic..... thumbup

rachelp Offline OP
Little Babe
2k Posts
OP Offline
Little Babe
2k Posts
I have a another wonderful story to tell. Throughout this process with Mommy I've been sent various 'signs' that I have taken that things will be ok. Weeks ago when Mommy was in the hospital the first time I found one of my most treasured keepsakes that Mommy had given me when I was a child. I hadn't seen it in years and feared it was lost. With that treasure was also a prayer cloth that I had been given when Brennan was diagnosed with hypophosphatasia. I held that cloth between Mommy's hand and mine each time I prayed for her while she was in the coma. When we were coming back from our camping trip to try to get to WA Brennan wanted change for a quarter machine that had old and foreign currency in it. He got a 1957 wheat penny. Mommy was born in 1957 and she always holds on to wheat pennies when she finds then. When we finally got our flight to WA it took off at 7:24 in the morning. My birthday is July 24th. Tonight I received another wonderful sign. I was outside looking up to the sky praying. I was thanking God for the miracle He had blessed us with and asking Him to please continue to give Mommy strength and hold her hand for support. Just as I finished the most beautiful shooting star shot across the sky. I can't tell what I wished or it won't come true. I'm sure you can all figure it out quite easily, though.

I know to some these superstitious signs may seem far fetched to some. I've always taken comfort in little coincidences like these. Especially now.

[Linked Image]

Rachel

#197020 Mar 29th, 2008 at 09:52 PM
5k Posts
5k Posts

okay...if i can FIND it!!!!

[Linked Image]

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Awwwwwwwwww, that's so neat Rachel. I believe in signs for sure. thumbup I'm sure your wish will totally come true. thumbup

#197024 Mar 29th, 2008 at 09:56 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
//www.agardenersforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/197023#Post197023

#197035 Mar 29th, 2008 at 10:19 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I believe in the signs you are receiving Rachel Keep watching for them and taking comfort in them That is why they are given to you.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
1k Posts
1k Posts
GOD sends signs Rachael,and your receiving them,how wonderful. angel

"All good things come to those that wait."
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
I'm so glad that Cindy is getting better. I remember starting that non-smoking string several years ago. And I'm here to tell you that your support made it possible for me to quit. And it was hard to do, really hard. But once I could finally get 48 hours it started to get easier. But I could never do it if someone was smoking in the house. I don't have that kind of willpower.

Good luck Bill in your indeavor to quit. No matter how many cigarettes you smoke while your trying to quit just keep at it. I had to get to the point where it was quit or die before I finally made it. It has now been several years since I had my last cigarettes. And there have been temptations.

Hey Cindy I'll continue sending up prayers for you lady.

[Linked Image]
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Rachelp .

I am a believer, Your on the right road.. Now keep it Paved.

thumbup

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Those are some wonderful signs Rachel! We have to look for any signs we can!!

Glad to hear that Cindy is still doing well. I bet she can't wait to come home! Good luck on quitting smoking Bill!!!!

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by rachelp
I have a another wonderful story to tell. Throughout this process with Mommy I've been sent various 'signs' that I have taken that things will be ok. Weeks ago when Mommy was in the hospital the first time I found one of my most treasured keepsakes that Mommy had given me when I was a child. I hadn't seen it in years and feared it was lost. With that treasure was also a prayer cloth that I had been given when Brennan was diagnosed with hypophosphatasia. I held that cloth between Mommy's hand and mine each time I prayed for her while she was in the coma. When we were coming back from our camping trip to try to get to WA Brennan wanted change for a quarter machine that had old and foreign currency in it. He got a 1957 wheat penny. Mommy was born in 1957 and she always holds on to wheat pennies when she finds then. When we finally got our flight to WA it took off at 7:24 in the morning. My birthday is July 24th. Tonight I received another wonderful sign. I was outside looking up to the sky praying. I was thanking God for the miracle He had blessed us with and asking Him to please continue to give Mommy strength and hold her hand for support. Just as I finished the most beautiful shooting star shot across the sky. I can't tell what I wished or it won't come true. I'm sure you can all figure it out quite easily, though.

I know to some these superstitious signs may seem far fetched to some. I've always taken comfort in little coincidences like these. Especially now.

I've always believed in signs,, There are sooooo many signs everyday in our life's,, we just have to open ourselves up to them , and then recognize them , I believe God gives us signs in ways we can apply them to the situations , Those are definitely signs Rachel. Like the Bible says ~ 8 is the # for New Beginnings,, your Birthday, July 24,, 2x4=8, 1957 penny ~1957+1cent = 8, this is year 2008 , Cindy was moved out of the CCU on 3/23 ~3+2+3=8 as well as it being on Easter Sunday. I don't hold it to superstition, I take it as a God's Wink of assurance! :wink: angel, as I continue to pray for Cindy's full recovery, and Thank God for his daily miracles he gives us.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
10k Posts
10k Posts
The doctors keep saying that Cindy needs to start eating solid food before she can come home instead of a week in rehab, then home. She has no appetite at all and is surviving on Ensure and IVs. The smell of almost any food nauseates her so please ask God to give her the munchies. She NEEDS to be HERE! tears

rachelp Offline OP
Little Babe
2k Posts
OP Offline
Little Babe
2k Posts
I've been praying for it and I'm going to continue. I told her today she just has to make herself do it. Maybe you could take her one of those baked potatoes she loves so much, Bill.

[Linked Image]

Rachel

Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
WOW - lots of new things to read here this morning!

Hiya Vanessa - you have been missed lots!

Bill - I just know you can do it - I have never smoked, but am here to encourage anyone who is ready to quit at this point.

Rachel - I, too, believe in those signs! Keep looking for them - you will be amazed!

And last but not least... CINDY - hope you are having a fantastic day today, and that you will be able to go home to Cedar Hill very soon!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Page 23 of 32 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 31 32

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,875
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image