I purchased 2 areca palms (4 1/2 ft high)from the local home improvement store. I know not the best place to buy tropicals but the deal was great. I allowed them to sit in their orginal packaging for 2 weeks before I transplanted them into decorative pots. I used miracle grow moisture control potting soil. They are both in my dinning room. One is by the french doors on the south side of the house with an east window to its left the other is directly across from it facing the french doors and east window. They both were doing great. Over the past week one of them that is furthest from the door/window (8 ft away) started to turn brown on some fronds like it wasn't getting enough water. I water them once a week. I purchased a moisture meter for plants and it is reading at 2 all around the pot. What could be going on here. I now only have 3 fronds that are still green. The other plant is doing great nice and green.

I noticed that on 1/14/08 someone posted a pic of the same kind I have (171745). It looks just like it.

Last edited by rjfish1; Mar 31st, 2008 at 10:21 AM.