Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#199158 Apr 5th, 2008 at 07:12 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
it has been brought to my attention that i've not posted enough lately, especially in the places a hostess should be posting.

so, i felt an apology is in order, to explain why.

the apology is primarily to cindy, she's never complained that i don't post in her topics, but i really want her to know my lack of posts has nothing to do with not loving and praying for her. i've prayed several times a day and put her on every prayer list i could.

the reason i haven't posted is been because of my own health. i just haven't said anything because of the urgency of cindy's condition. but, the time has come because i don't ever want cindy or anyone else to think i don't care.

posting is difficult for me. i have lost major amounts of range of motion in my hands, feet, arms, and legs. the doctors still aren't sure if it is lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, something else, or a combination of them and/or something else.

i haven't been pain free since the first of august, and in that time, my husband had been my rock. he has taken on helping me with tasks that most "grown folks" don't need help with, and done it with a cheerful heart. my son has also chipped in and is better than he ever has been to do things i can't.

i have discovered how much we depend on our agility, flexibility, and strength. buttons, buckles, bottle caps and pen caps all provide a challenge. i'm grateful for the stores who have scooters and wheel chairs for shopping. i am thankful that my schedule matches my husbands so i don't have to drive much, driving is difficult now. there are quite a few of you who can testify to my not driving because i don't call. my hour commute was my phone time but we have a family rule about not talking on the phone when others are in the car.

i have a great family and great medical team, and they are doing all that can be done. i have a great job that has given me every known tool to assist me in keeping my performance up enabling me to keep my job.

now i'm asking my friends here to be understanding and non-judgmental when i don't post. i'm not asking for pity, sympathy, or anything else. i don't want anything except understanding and tolerance.

#199178 Apr 5th, 2008 at 07:32 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
You have been quietly included in my prayers right along, Jiffy. I feel you have done an admirable job.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #199185 Apr 5th, 2008 at 07:36 PM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
I just figured you were still hung over from your partying with Wild Willy kissie

Bestofour #199187 Apr 5th, 2008 at 07:40 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
hehe, good one sheri thumbup

#199216 Apr 5th, 2008 at 08:12 PM
WildRedRidingHood
4k Posts
WildRedRidingHood
4k Posts
Jiffy, no need to apologize. kissie People that are close to you know and understand. People that are not so close or acquaintances don't think bad of you.

We love you , Jiffy, and everyone on the forum has their own lives. Family, work, friends, health all take time away from our forum time, but that doesn't mean we don't think of our friends here throughout our busy days and/or pray for them , if that's what we do. kissie bow

If there is a single person out there that is questioning you, Jiffy or me for that matter about how much or how little we post then please send me a PM.

If you want to talk about posting too little , take a look at my post count and I've been here since August of 2001 lol lol

[Linked Image]
melcon6 #199220 Apr 5th, 2008 at 08:15 PM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
kissie prayers

melcon6 #199222 Apr 5th, 2008 at 08:18 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by melcon6
Jiffy, no need to apologize. kissie People that are close to you know and understand. People that are not so close or acquaintances don't think bad of you.

We love you , Jiffy, and everyone on the forum has their own lives. Family, work, friends, health all take time away from our forum time, but that doesn't mean we don't think of our friends here throughout our busy days and/or pray for them , if that's what we do. kissie bow

mel is as right as rain !!!! kissie to you Jiffy !!!
and also--you do a super job around here. thumbup shots

Last edited by JunieGirl; Apr 5th, 2008 at 08:19 PM.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
JunieGirl #199265 Apr 6th, 2008 at 06:21 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Jiffy,
No apologizes necessary- who counts posts anyway... its the content of what is said not how many get posted- and yours count in the quality department- ' I know what it is like to have those kinds of problems too- I also have included you in my prayers every day--- everyone here is included .
You take care of yourself and give your hubby and son a big hug from all of us for being so good to you.
Nana

[Linked Image]
Nana's15 #199379 Apr 6th, 2008 at 03:55 PM
Dr. Pepper
3k Posts
Dr. Pepper
3k Posts
Jiffy, I didn't realize you were having so much trouble. I hope they figure out what's going on and get you fixed up.

dave
peppereater #199383 Apr 6th, 2008 at 03:58 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
luv thanks dave and all who have posted in support. i just don't like to whine.

#199419 Apr 6th, 2008 at 06:02 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Jiffymouse
luv thanks dave and all who have posted in support. i just don't like to whine.

well I would not consider it whining, Jiffy. You were merely letting your friends know what has been going on with you. We love you and we want you to take care. kissie

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
JunieGirl #199435 Apr 6th, 2008 at 06:57 PM
Little Sprout
5k Posts
Little Sprout
5k Posts
Jiffy,
no apologies necessary! kissie

i feel the same way, but rather than physical problems, i'm putting up with alot of other cr*p, and hope to be getting back here soon as well.

Jiffy, please feel better and get well soon!
praying for you as well, now! kissie kissie grin

--Sprout--

THE SPROUT IS BACK!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,880
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image