#205405 Apr 29th, 2008 at 08:23 AM
Daisy
4k Posts
OP Offline
Daisy
4k Posts

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
did you buy them somewhere or move from another spot?

Daisy
4k Posts
OP Offline
Daisy
4k Posts
you know me, I dug them up. from 3 different places. I'm so glad to get them all planted. I got some more plants coming next week and still have some stuff in my wagon to plant shock

we had frost warning last night I was out after dark covering up

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
So very nice---remind me again---how much yard do you have to 'fill up'??

and may I say Belinda---you are so very lucky to be able to find 'unparented' plants & flowers like you do. thumbup

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Yes, that late frost warning was something wasn't it? What did you use for covers.

[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I used to use 5 gallon buckets---until we moved---DH got rid of all my 'extra' stuff like that---he even got rid of the 5 or so I brought with me---I then bought 2 and he has tried to get rid of THEM---got to watch that one you do----

________

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
he wants to throw away your buckets? I like having buckets. You never know when you're going to need a bucket for petes sake.

Belinda, if you lived close to me you could dig up some of the stuff around here. I've moved some back from the end of the driveway but I can use it all. A stranger stopped and asked if she could have the red hot poker and I said yes. I'm going to try and find a place for the hosta but I'm over run nearer to the house.

Daisy
4k Posts
OP Offline
Daisy
4k Posts
Originally Posted by JunieGirl
So very nice---remind me again---how much yard do you have to 'fill up'??

and may I say Belinda---you are so very lucky to be able to find 'unparented' plants & flowers like you do. thumbup

June, I have 6 acreas, I plant and mow about 3 of it. I mowed this week, weed eat today and pulled weeds for 2 hours then planted some irises. (still have a wagon load of them to plant.) mostly purples, I do have some yellows blooming will have to get a pic of those to share with y'all

My aunt next door here this week has torn down and burnt and up until the EPA people came out she was burning night and day. I found out you CAN NOT burn anything you like just because it's your land, the EPA guy said you can not tear down and burn an entire building and you sure can not burn one with insilation in it.

I need to get a puicture of these new plants I planted I thought they were elephont ears but I am not so sure now, they are not putting out a leaf, just stalks. but the were a bulb when I dug them up.

I am always on the look out for plants that need a home. And always on the look out for free plants. I have a rose bush to dig up friday. And some more Irsies. And I'm not sure what else is on that lot. I got some hostas there yesterday.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Daisy
4k Posts
OP Offline
Daisy
4k Posts
Originally Posted by tkhooper
Yes, that late frost warning was something wasn't it? What did you use for covers.

bed sheets, plastic. I keep a stack of things klike that for covering up

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Daisy
4k Posts
OP Offline
Daisy
4k Posts
Originally Posted by Bestofour
he wants to throw away your buckets? I like having buckets. You never know when you're going to need a bucket for petes sake.

Belinda, if you lived close to me you could dig up some of the stuff around here. I've moved some back from the end of the driveway but I can use it all. A stranger stopped and asked if she could have the red hot poker and I said yes. I'm going to try and find a place for the hosta but I'm over run nearer to the house.

wow I'd be in digging heaven. I wished I lived closer I'd loved to had some red hot poker.

I love the irsies you sent me, thanks again so much.

I thought today if I spent the amount of time I use gardening on loosing weight I'd be a bean pole haha

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
I use old sheets, you can go to the Goodwill and get some cheap to keep in the basement for that purpose....But you could use blankets, towels, tarps....just about anything.

I also use some of the bigger, cheap plastic pots nurseries give you your plants in.....

Mom and dad use large disposable plastic cups on their smaller annuals....

We had a light frost last night so I had to cover everything up.

Daisy
4k Posts
OP Offline
Daisy
4k Posts
I use old sheets too, I got some of hubby's mom's when she died and most were pretty much wore out. then I save plastic off stuff a=when I get a big sheet

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by suzydaze
I use old sheets too, I got some of hubby's mom's when she died and most were pretty much wore out. then I save plastic off stuff a=when I get a big sheet

My dad has gallon milk jugs that have the flat bottom cut out of them---at night he puts them on the plant, with the lids on tight. later the next morning, he wiil sometimes take the lids off & then jsut leave the jug on his plants--esp if it is goiong to frost/freeze again that next night-----he has been doing this forever--well for a long time.

________

Daisy
4k Posts
OP Offline
Daisy
4k Posts
that's a good idea. I have also used 2 liter soda bottles, but we do drink those (I'd have to collect from someone who does)

I didn't get much done the last part of this week I had to have a new septic tank installed and that took up alot of my planting time

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
A new septic tank? That must have cost a pretty penny. Do you mind me asking what happened?

I just bought a place with a septic system so I have spent some time reading about them.

[Linked Image]
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
TK, we had to have our septic tank worked on last week because something poked a hole in the side of one of the pipes or something like that. Johnny is a plumber and fixed ours but he said he charges $1500.00 to do what he did to ours. Usually a septic tank isn't any trouble.

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
I new that repairs were incredibly expensive. I'm glad to hear that it doesn't happen very often. I'll have to save up to have an emergency fund for things that go wrong.

But I'm still excited about owning.

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,922
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image