Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#207096 May 6th, 2008 at 03:29 PM
Ruthy Offline OP
OP Offline
So glad I've found this website and forum! I need help! Well, not me personally but my plants do. I keep killing them without meaning to. I have the best intentions for my plants, really I do but I need an expert hand with 2 particular problems. I sure more will come along too.

I recently bought 2 honeysuckles during the frosts. I put them in containers, well covered to protect them but they died in 10 days. I replaced them, and left them in the same small pots I bought them in as I was worried I'd kill them too if I planted too early. However one flourished but the other didn't look happy at all. I planted the flourishing one in a container 2 days ago - it already looks very sad and the other is definitely dying again. They've been in part sun, full sun, shade but to no avail. I haven't over watered them and they've been fed. I thought honeysuckles were fairly hardy and hard to kill but not for me obviously!

Also, I bought 3 wisteria. 2 are planted in a trough and both doing well, one more than the other but they are definitely alive and growing leaves. The 3rd I put in a small plastic pot while I decide where to put it. Unfortunately the bud at the top died and one further below isn't doing anything! I cut it down to the one bud left and still nothing. I have to pot most of my plants as I don't have a lot of ground to plant things in; pity as I'm sure they wouldn't die if they were in the ground.

Any suggestions please? I need to improve my skills as it's my first garden.

Ruthy #207106 May 6th, 2008 at 04:10 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am going to welcome you here, Ruthie. And I copied your post and took it to your other thread so you may get answers.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #207135 May 6th, 2008 at 06:53 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
wavy welcome ruthie

#208014 May 11th, 2008 at 10:54 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Hi and welcome Ruthie.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,880
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image