Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#20711 Apr 12th, 2007 at 11:54 AM
OP Offline
I just joined a few days before the new forum was available.

I posted about wanting to make hanging baskets. I hope I can post here about them. If not, can someone tell me where to go?

I live in NE Ohio. I have never done my own bakets before.

By the way, I found the coco liner baskets. What can put in them that will look really nice? I guess what I am asking is what is popular? I think right now I am looking to do annuals.

Can anyone help me?

Bobbi

5k Posts
5k Posts
GraphicBobbi, wavy Hi! Welcome to the new forum!

This isn't quite the right place for your post, but I'm sure one of our administrators will get it to where it needs to be. I have no idea about how to make a basket but there are a lot of talented folks on the site, whom I'm sure can lend you a hand.

Sarah - Zone 5b/6
Hi bobbi, until the mods move this to the right place I will try and help you with your baskets. You can put almost anything about in a hanging basket. I have had many on my porch and I would mix plants in some of them and in others I used only one type of plant. As my planters were in full sun I would line the sides of the baskets with a plastic wrap to help retain the moisture a bit and I also mixed those water crystals in with the soil. I also used a metal pole as a hanger and used 2 heavy screw in hooks to hold the pole, this way you only have to have two holes in your porch and then you have the ease of moving the hanging baskets to the best place on the pole and you can add more planters and vary the hight of the baskets by attaching chains to the pole. You want to use plants that cascade and are fast growers.
Good luck with your planters I know you are going to love them. Just remember they will need to be watered almost every day when the summer is in full swing.
swin

swin #27263 Apr 20th, 2007 at 07:36 AM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
hi bobbi! the question i have is if you are putting them in the garden or in the house? i'm assuming in the garden/on the porch, so i'm putting this there, but it will be helpful when folks start to answer you!

#27517 Apr 20th, 2007 at 10:59 AM
For hanging baskets in shade there is a new trailing coleus cultivar this year. Color is purple/burgandy and a bright shade of pink.

Originally Posted by GraphicBobbi

I don't care much for the new forum layout myself so don't worry.

Tom

My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
TomR #28765 Apr 22nd, 2007 at 07:35 AM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Originally Posted by TomR
Originally Posted by GraphicBobbi

I don't care much for the new forum layout myself so don't worry.

Tom
there are many who had a hard time adjusting, but like everything new, it grows on you and i prefer this system. if i close the window, it still remembers what i haven't read thumbup

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,880
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image