Print Thread
Rate Thread
#210010 May 19th, 2008 at 05:46 PM
Twinkle
3k Posts
OP Offline
Twinkle
3k Posts
I have not been on here much (about all I seem to have time to do is check mail).

Diane, I have your new number and will call you soon. We need to catch up! I miss you!

Tam, I hope your recovery is going well and in time, you will feel better than ever!

Cindy, keep your spirit strong and everything else will follow.

The past 5 weeks have been a whirl wind for me. Snip n Tip's last clinic for the summer was the end of april, so that is over for awhile. I did a renn. faire in cookeville, still sub-teaching at the high school, (I have been getting calls alot......YAY). Still helping mom in the barn 1-2x a week, and now I am working at the bakery that I first started in 10 years ago. I have been going fri. morning to madison (it is about 95 miles one way), work all day fri. then stay at the hotel where my husband works on fri nite, then work all day sat. Then drive home sat nite. I was wondering if there business has been less since a walmart opened up right down the street, but NO!!!!!!!!!!!! They are busier then ever.......they have around 150 to 200 cake orders on for fri and sat plus this was the second week in a row that there was 10 wedding cakes both weekends! WHEW! It has about killed me since I have not done this in almost a year. My left hand is sosooooo swollen by sun mornings, I just want to cry. BUT, it is worth it. They pay me VERY WELL. I will try to do this over the summer while there is no school.

So that is about it, just wanted to let you know I have been busy, but have not forgotten any of my family here. I miss you all!

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

OUR HOME NEEDS OUR GNOME!
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
kissie we miss you wendy, and i'm glad to see you are missing because you are doing well, not the other way around kissie thanks for checking in.

#210019 May 19th, 2008 at 06:48 PM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
I miss you too Wendy. I'm so glad you checked in.

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Girl, you need a vacation! shock lol

That just wore me out reading it. haha

BTW, thank you for the birthday card that you sent me a while back. kissie I forgot to thank you. blush It was very nice of you Wendy. wavy

#210021 May 19th, 2008 at 07:18 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Wendy--HI !!! so glad to hear form you, and that you are doing so well.

wavy wavy wavy wavy

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Hi Wendy~I was wondering what you were up to.

I am recovering fine....

Wow, you sure are busy. I would love to work in a bakery making wedding cakes, can I come give you a hand later? lol

Take the time you need for yourself and when it all settles down, we'll be here waiting for you kissie

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Nice to see you on, Wendy!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Merme #210067 May 20th, 2008 at 04:52 AM
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Wendy - it is WONDERFUL to see you popping in to update us on your very busy life of late. I'm glad you are keeping busy with positive things, and hope things continue to go well for you.

How did it go at the Renn. Faire? Did you sell any of your terrific things?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Hi Wendy!!! Diane and I was just wondering, to each other, where you were and what was going on with you!!! Glad you got on here so we know everything is OK.

You sound like a really busy gal!!! I'm feel the same as Loz, it wore me out just ready about it!!!

Did you sell some pieces at the Faire?! (I still love mine!)

Later, Twinkles!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
#210151 May 20th, 2008 at 03:29 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by loz
Girl, you need a vacation! shock lol

That just wore me out reading it. haha

I'll say!!!!! shock

I'm happy for you that your staying busy and making money at the same time,, but I sure miss ya!! boohoo kissie

Okay Now that you made it clear you have my New Phone # I'm waiting for your call tapfoot haha haha .

We must have been on the same brain wave length,, I'm been talking about you lately,, *were your ears burning?? notme lol lol * . we miss you here!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Twinkle
3k Posts
OP Offline
Twinkle
3k Posts
Well, just popped in to say hi to everyone! Diane...............still going to call you, it just seems like I am only home to sleep lately! I MISS YOU!

I really miss being here, today I am home and sick as a dog with allergies or a cold or something! YUCK! I hope everyone is ok, since I can't check in much, I will keep this going to say that I think of everyone all the time. How is Cindy doing? Glad to here that Tam is recovering well. I am going to bed and hope my nose and eyes clear up before tomorrow!

My love to you all!

Oh yeah...........no...........I did not sell anything AGAIN at the renn faire! The other craft show is in another town on July 4 & 5, it has an attendence of 130,000 and this is their 43rd year of doing it............so surely I will have luck there! I am not giving up, and thank you all for asking! Keep your fingers crossed for the next one!

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Hi, Wendy---fingers will be crossed. thumbup

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Oh Wendy sorry you not feeling well boohoo kissie ,, But glad you came here and told us :wink:

Wishing you the biggest sale amount ever in July!! That's a lot of people going so get your sales pitch ready,, ummmmmmmm,,,,Not your mouth lol ,, your creations!!!... they speak for themselves,, grin clap clap

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Fingers crossed Wendy.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Twinkle
3k Posts
OP Offline
Twinkle
3k Posts
Thanks! I took my biggest piece to the bakery to try to sell it there. I want to pull in a few more things to make it look like a scene, just have not had time yet. The front girls said that people have been curious about it and some of my cards are gone. One woman was looking at it saying her daugther would love that as a centerpiece at her wedding..............mmmmmmmmmm, yes it would!

Going to lay back down, I went to bed at 10 but have been tossing and turning, so I will try it again!

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Which one ( the name) is your biggest Piece,,??? grin I looked at your pieces,, in PB,, Is the Fairy's Grotto new?? Do you have lights on it??

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Twinkle
3k Posts
OP Offline
Twinkle
3k Posts
I can't remember, I will have to go look! I will pm you the etsy link where I do have a few new ones on there!

Twinkle
3k Posts
OP Offline
Twinkle
3k Posts
It has been so long since I looked at my PB, I forgot what is there! Yes, the fairy's grotto is electric, it is not my biggest one, the enchanted dreams was the biggest and I sold that in April. I made another one which I listed on my etsy, but still have not got a picture of it and now it is at the bakery waiting to be bought (I hope). I really have to get busy making stuff for July. I am not going to make any more scenes besides the ones I have. I am going to do just some fairy furniture, some end tables, and fairy jewelry. I have soooo many plans but just have not had the time yet! I still have a cold and my allergies are driving me crazy! I worked in the barn with mom yesterday and now I am worse......that is why I am posting at such a wierd hour..........my nose woke me up! Going to lay back down and hope it is better in a liitle while.

Last edited by faerywatcher; May 26th, 2008 at 03:18 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,887
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image