Have you guys ever seen Tyler's Ultimate show on Foodnetwork?

Today he did an apparently marvelous chicken salad I can't wait to try. I love chicken salad!

First, he poached a 2 to 3 lb chicken in a gallon of water along with vegetables and herbs to make a nice stock to use later. Then of course he deboned and skinned and chopped the chicken into bits.

Second, he made a very simple dressing of 1 cup mayo, 1/2 a fresh lemon squeezed, 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, a Tablespoon finely chopped Parsley and 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard and mixed it all together with the chicken.

Here's where it got really interesting!

He made fairly thick slices of sourdough bread and laid them on a cookie sheet to toast in the oven until they were golden brown. When he removed them from the oven, he buttered each slice.

Then, he added a thin layer of cranberry sauce.
Then a thin layer of apple slices.
Then a BIG scoop of the chicken salad.
Then he added a nice big slice of Brie cheese.
He didn't put tops on them but stuck them in the oven on Broil for the cheese to melt!

The recipe made six awfully gigantic openfaced sandwiches and I can't wait to try it!

Merme

Last edited by Merme; Jun 18th, 2008 at 06:16 PM.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.