Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi
I was so proud of my green peppers and now the leaves have spot and the color is fading to yellowish does anyone can direct me of what 's wrong ?
is it infected ? what should I do ? I took the worst leaves already thansk for your help
Nora

What color are the spots? Sounds like some kind of fungus. I saw on another post about powdery mildew that a baking soda wash helps with that. Powdery mildew is whitish.

Kalar

"Make Known the Unknown."
1k Posts
1k Posts
Also how much water are you giving them?

[Linked Image]

Kindness is a language the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
OP Offline
I water every day like a 2 cup of water this past day we had a 90 degree and is all in 100% sun all day .

OP Offline
the spot are brown and some are like gray , the leave is loosing the waxy green color to a fade yellowish , I went to the hardware store near me a local and ask they said it can be an insect and sold me the tomato + vegetable fungus 3 in 1 is base with neem oil. I spray each leaves and will see in few days .thanks

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
sounds like a fungus or bug, but it also sounds like you'r watering too much. water really well when you do water, but then let the peppers dry out completly before you water again.

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
OP Offline
thanks I will back up little on the water , with the heat we had it was hard to hold on the water , now the temperature are going down to 60s at night and around 80 during the day so is little better
thanks a lot
Nora

1k Posts
1k Posts
I agree with the water, I have peppers in my greenhouse and most often in 90 -100 degree weather I water maybe every other day. But a good soak then. Hope you find out what it is.

[Linked Image]

Kindness is a language the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
Also, since nobody mentioned it, it is good not to water the leaves in full sunlight, as that can burn the leaves where the water droplets sit. I have caused myself this problem before and it looked very similar to what you are saying.

OP Offline
thanks , after a week the leaves seem to get back a real green color , I water only twice as Monday was a runny day so that seem to work better less water and some spray for fungus/insecticide. Now I am having an other dilema with my squash , I will search a cure for it never end , but this year I didn't put any compost or manure so that may be also a part of my problem !!!!!!!!!
Nora

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,884
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image