Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
It's little dribs and drabs everytime I go out. The second outting got the front side yard cut. Now it is on to the back. Then I have to wait until payday and get 3 more 50 foot extension cords so that I can finish off the front yard by the street.

I'm hoping my arms will recover and I can get the rest of the back done either this morning or this evening. I want to get on to doing other things like planting seeds here and there and everywhere lol.

[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Well ladies I could of sworn I posted this, but lst night I set up the landscaping in front of the new dog pen---now I need to buy new pavers to extend the 'walkway' and teh replace teh 4 I 'borrowed' to make a walkway to teh new pen. then I will have to buy more rock to repeat teh process on the left side of the walkway.---'They' say a cool front is coming our way for next week--I sure hope 'they' are right.--it was fairly nice out last night & I still came in wringing wet.--helped get rid of a large part of my cold though. lol thumbup

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
I re-planted bush bean seeds....in between the rain.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Hey Junegirl that was quite a task, wtg.

I got three rainstorms through here yesterday so the ground should have gotten a pretty good soaking. Or at least I hope so. The first rain hit the ground and immediately turned to steam. But the seond rain was a little longer and puddled on the ground. The third I think was a soaking rain. I hope so. The plants would definitely like that. And the white bleeding heart wasn't looking so good in the am so I've got my fingers crossed.

My yard has ticks. UGH!!! does anyone know how to get rid of them please?

So far this moring I've been working on some seed trades. And getting planting times for the list of seeds that I am hoping to plant this year.

[Linked Image]
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Ok, I Just got back from shopping. I bought potting soil for the seeds I want to start that I want to keep an eye on so I won't sow direct.

And then I got the 100 ft extension cord so I should be able to get clear across my yard now. [Fingers crossed.] And I got the rest of the spikes I need so that when I get the landscaping timbers out of the ground and at the level they need to be I can stake them in place good and solid.

I also got the D batteries so I can install the rest of my Door chime. It would be nice to be able to hear people when they are at the door.

Now I'm just waiting for it to cool down and I'll get started again. That is if I take a nap now. I'm tired.

[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Never did anything, still raining. The highest temp we've seen all week is 52*F.

3k Posts
3k Posts
Yesterday, I finished up a long job ... the seeding (raking, weeding, soil spreading, seed spreading) is finished!

And I tidied up part of my fence garden on south island.

I'm going to make a really big effort at taking it easy today. Swimming Thursday and Friday, gardening yesterday - my knees aren't happy.

When sorting seeds, do not whistle.
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Wow Carly, that's one big, big job. WTG!

I bought and planted some herbs. I hadn't planned on it but it was one of those things the vehicle saw the nursery and pulled in before I could do a thing about it.

[Linked Image]
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Today I planted Dahlia seeds, Fennel seeds and transplanted the dill into a bigger pot. Not much all things considered but it's early yet.

[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Well, it rained all week end but I did recover two more chairs for the back garden.....hope it counts.

I planted lemon verbena, pineapple sage, peppermint and sweet marjoram all in a big clay bowl that has a good depth.
The peppermint though, is confined to a small pot and is planted pot and all just under the soil.
It really looks nice.
I also planted a gorgeous fuchsia (half price !) called "Bonanza".

Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Well, I went out in the rain and changed the fence post caps. At least I done something today out there lol

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
OMG!!! The Market Basket-(nursery-landscaping place)_ is having a 50% off sale on all the green plants--ALL--and out of nowhere came fanfare and oranges & lemons gaillardias and the most beautiful primroses.--however I am adding on to my landscaping/patio area and so no more flowers for carol this year. tears

Today I bought patio Blocks to extend my walk-way, and some for stepping stones in new extended landscaped area. They are in place. Now all I need to do is lay the lanscaping paper down & then go buy enough rock to full in the area.--Luckily when I moved out/extended the edging rocks--I had enough to accomodate the edging.--I say luckily because I had already tried to buy some more like it and the guy I bought it from said he had no more.--I have no idea where these actually came from unfortunately.

________

Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Sales just seem to happen when you least expect it.

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
O know---and if it were not for the landscaping extension I would of had birthday money abounding---ah well--- why--perhpas next year.

________

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
It's always something isn't it.

My Checkbook is having a war between saving, the house and the garden. The garden wins of course but I may regret that if something happens to the car or the house.

It's light out so I'll probably start some seeds here shortly.

[Linked Image]
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Ok I didn't start seeds. Instead I thinned my zinnias that have developed their second set of leaves. I got the mixed colors and the tall fushias done. There are still several types to go and the the mini chocolate bell peppers. Then maybe I'll start the other seeds. Or maybe I'll just put them on hold until next summer. I seem to run out of time awfully fast.

And I get tired so fast. This isn't at all good. I guess it is time for a nap.

[Linked Image]
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
I have been out watering this morning I started at 9 and didn't get finished til 11 and that's just watering, not leaving the hose, just moving from plant to plant. I'm wore out now from dragging the hose.

I've got several plants that need to be moved, but they'll have to wait now, I'm planning on being gone a few days for the 4th and if I move now they'll need watered and watched every day. So they'll hold til I get back

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
I got the front garden bed edged and mulched today....between the showers.

1k Posts
1k Posts
Worked in my green house all morning. Tomatoes need tying up, they're in full bloom already. Then I fertilized all the other plants. It's a cool and cloudy day here today, what a relief from yesterdays 32 degrees C.

[Linked Image]

Kindness is a language the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
3k Posts
3k Posts
I transferred some stray sunflowers into my fence garden - also a bit of mint.

3k Posts
3k Posts
Oh, and I emptied a tea pot full of soil - had a buncha' experiments in it - the soil was perfectly good, so I mixed some grass seed in and sprinkled over my bald patches.

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Well the seedlings and the houseplants are watered. I've dug out another 15 gallons of gravel from the front drive. It's hard to believe how much gravel was in there. But that's ok. Every little bit helps me get one step closer to finishing that walkway.

I also sprayed ammonia on the weeds and grass in the walkway that boiling didn't stop. So hopefully they will die and I can get them up out of there.

I haven't put the shovel and rake away yet I hope to get one more session out there before I change to the weed eater. It's dry today so I can do at least one more section today. I got an extra 100 foot extension cord so hopefully I'll beable to finish the front yard with that. If not tomorrow is pay day and I'll get another extension cord.

[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Today I weeded my herb bed and began to weed my asperagus bed.---then I adjusted the outline for my landscaping extension.

After that I fed the 2 trees in the front of the house their doses of super thrive.--they are on a summer long regiem.---so they recover from what ails them.--The tree in the back that is ill has a mommy robin in it--and I have to wait until she is off getting a snack before I can water that tree--she and her 2 litle ones are down low in the tree & I do not want to disbturb them.

________

Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Thanks to whoever sent the sun. I mowed and weed wacked every piece of my yard. Weeded the flower beds also. I'm on a roll, I would have weeded the veggie bed but the flies won...I'll tackle that tomorrow.

My yard looks pretty good this year.

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
someone sent tamara sun and someone else sent me some rain! thanks guys. if anyone needs any heat just let me know. I watered just the garden today. first time in about two weeks thanks to the rain we've been getting. but the peppers were a dropping! I cut the top off one of my cherry tomato plants. it was a foot and a half over the stake! I've never done anything so drastic. don't know if i'll kill the plant or not? planted the top in the garden. I know it should go in shade till it roots, but I was just in one of those moods today! live or die, lil' 'mater plant! I figured I have 25 or so tomato plants so.....why not experiment! I cut some chives to put in with the chicken I'm baking. and added some garlic to the compost since it was getting overtaken by ants. Oh, and I also walked around most of the flower beds and made a mental note that one day I must do some weeding!

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Well I abandoned the garden for the hardware store. And blew my budget for upkeep and maintenance this month.

The closest I got to gardening was putting my new concrete step underneath the front door. It is now easy to get into my house. That's a good thing.

And I bought white exterior paint so the shed will be the same color as the house and fence.

Oh, and I got the tick and other bugs spray and the spray cannister to use with it.

Now all I have to do is get it all done.

[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
You're getting there Tammy.

I de-limbed some hanging branches and set off to weed the veggie garden, but I got sidetracked again(I do that alot lately) and ended up picking wild strawberries in the field instead. lol Oh well, at least I was outside.

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I would pick strawberries over weeding any time too!! thumbup

after all, priorities, priorities my dear. :wink:

________

1k Posts
1k Posts
I better water my garden befoe the plants start wilting.

Waiting for fall...
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
We got a nasty wind/rain storm last night. Lasted for 10 minutes than cleared up like nothing. I am so glad I never planted fragile flowers. My neighbours flowerpots are a mess, broken all up.

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Drove past it on the way to the grocery store and farmers market in Altavista. Tomorrow I will do better I promise. At least I hope I will.

[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Going out to work on the last of my 'patio' extension.--- wavy

________

Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Take it easy Carol...don't make me come down there and tie you to a chair grin

I finally got my veggie garden weeded today, poor thing isn't growing very well anyway. The rain and grubs took it's toll.

I've noticed today that my front foundation flower bed is getting really crowded. Have to put that on my list. It needs to be expanded out this fall and moved around a bit.

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Isn't it great when you need to expand because you are crowded? I'm looking forward to the day I can say that.

[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Tamara:---Plese do not come down & tie me to a chair---I have lots to do to get my house back in shape.--And then there is the outside---the new patio is just about done.---I am 3 bags of rock and 6 or 7 patio blocks short of its completion.---next week is my completion target date for it.--Then I have to re-seal my deck.---it has been 2 years---and I like to at least seal the floor of the deck every year.--Then there is weeding and such----

Lots to get done---7 weeks to get it done in.

________

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
I have so much to do I shouldn't even sit down at the computer. But I can't resist talking to you all. It isn't light out yet today so nothing has gotten done outside yet. But I have hopes.

[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
I re-potted a few things, that's it. The flies are to bad out.

Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Just watered my veggies........the heat we are getting is giving them a much needed boost.

1k Posts
1k Posts
I watered some more veggies today.

Waiting for fall...
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,953
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image