Print Thread
Rate Thread
#218522 Jun 26th, 2008 at 11:32 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
below are pictures of my DD Emily's Dogs. I am 'grandpuppy' sitting this weekend while they are in Washington DC.

here is a picture of Beowulf.--he came to live with Emily & Chris right before they got married---I think he is from Southern California--and is a Cattle Dog mix.
[Linked Image]

This is Faith I have no idea about her heritage, but she was living in the No-Kill Shelter that Emily had worked in since she was 12 years old.---Faith is 7 years old & had not ever been adopted--so Emily & Chris thought it was the good thing to do to give her a home of her own. grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
JunieGirl #218525 Jun 26th, 2008 at 11:37 AM
The Bird Man
5k Posts
The Bird Man
5k Posts
Where is Grendel? Did Beowulf defeat him? That darn Geet.

[Linked Image]
Kingdoms RAGE and go to war...but the PEasants plant potatoes..

EARTH FIRST! (we'll strip-mine the OTHER planets later.)
Thornius #218534 Jun 26th, 2008 at 12:10 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
why--No one tells me anything. lol

________

JunieGirl #218548 Jun 26th, 2008 at 12:41 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Oh, dogs scare the cr@p out of me. I couldn't count the number of times I've been bitten, DH say's they smell fear. I could never 'grandpuppy' sit.....even if they were tiny teacup poodles lol

So nice of you to help out Carol.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Sunflowers #218557 Jun 26th, 2008 at 01:19 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I am so sorry for you tamara--what youyr DH says may be true--but golly---I would wish for better for you.---

I hope one day you find a nice puppy so you can see there are bad dogs---and kind dogs---

________

JunieGirl #218635 Jun 27th, 2008 at 05:10 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Oh I know there are kind dogs, but my fear is just too great to try meet any of them lol

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Sunflowers #218649 Jun 27th, 2008 at 06:25 AM
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Great pictures of sweet looking dogs Carol!
How do they get along with Dante?

Did they have an adjustment period, or did they fit right into your home?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
they get along fine with Dante. Beowulf has been here many times before, and is used to being at our home (did I mention he sleeps on our couch egad)---This is Faith's first trip but she has settled in really well---as it happens the pen we bought is much like her own at 'home', and since Em brought her house over---she is one happy camper. (& she likes treats notme)

________

JunieGirl #218930 Jun 28th, 2008 at 10:10 AM
Critter Keeper
5k Posts
Critter Keeper
5k Posts
Carol those are some pretty grand dogs you have there. Just be very careful seems like when I baby sit any grand dog it winds up staying. seems like when they take them home they the grandkids decide I can do better then they can. Two of my three dogs came to me that way. haha

[Linked Image]
Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says Keep it organic.

GOD BLESS THE U.S.A. Pray for our Troops!

Jimmy's Blog
Jimmy V #218931 Jun 28th, 2008 at 10:18 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Oh Jimmy do not even think that.--- lol--because Emily & Chris are at their wits ends with Faith (the outside dog) at teh shelter she -has been taken care of but not cared for for 7 years of her life--so now she is a bit detatched--but she seems to warm up to us.---
However, We do not need any more dogs here though so I so hope it does not come to that==
besides---
I have 2 other grand puppies--a very large Siberian Husky and a mixed breed about the size of my Australian Shepard mix---

That did happen to my mom though----My brothers poodle got so used to walking down tomy moms that one day he jsut stayed why

Last edited by loz; Jul 2nd, 2008 at 06:02 AM.

________

JunieGirl #219268 Jun 29th, 2008 at 09:44 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Well My gradpuppies went home today/night.---Val;raie came & took Beowulf to get his mom & dad---and then after taking beowulf home, the 2 of them came to get faith.--Well faith did not want to get in the their car---she went right back into the yard---I guess staying at gandma & grandpa's as fun???

Nowe dante is so depressed---when he went out to potty---he kept looking at faith's pen---so sad--- why
But not to worry all 4 kids are going on a vacation in a few weeks=--I think we get to keep all 4 dogs---fun fun---? rolz--maybe not??/

________

JunieGirl #219851 Jul 3rd, 2008 at 06:02 AM
Beowulf actually came from a carburetor shop in San Diego, California.
He speaks spanish. That's why his ears are so large - he's part Chiauauau. (That is, at least, what I tell my sister.)

Mom - Laurie said she'd watch our dogs at our house, so you'd only have to have 3 dogs at once. Figure with 5 dogs one's sure to get away... probably Thor. We didn't think you needed 5 dogs at once. And Beowulf isn't allowed on ANYONE's couch! You better not tell Emily about that!

Thornius - Funny enough, Faith WOULD have been NAMED Grendal had Chris gotten his way. But Faith had been named that for 7 years prior to Chris and Emily getting her. Chris said it didn't matter b/c no one said her name to her anyway (he's a big Beowulf fan and he really wanted a "Grendal"). But Emily, well... "wears the pants" shall we say, so it's "Faith" still. Not nearly as exciting, huh?

Valarina00 #219852 Jul 3rd, 2008 at 06:07 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
valarie: Ok then, but if something changes, we can take care of them all.--After all grandma cannot play favorites can she???

Although I guess Thor would be happier at home, huh??/

Do you need someone to water the flowers???--

________

JunieGirl #219855 Jul 3rd, 2008 at 06:41 AM
[Linked Image]

Here is a way better picture of Beorwulf along with my Thor.
Don't they look like they're up to something!?

In this picture you can really see Beowulf's large Chiauauau ears. ;)
He's saying "!Yo quiero el perro pequeno!" (They were chasing Luna when she was a small pup")

Valarina00 #219866 Jul 3rd, 2008 at 07:37 AM
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
They DEFINITELY look like they are up to no good! lol nervous

Great picture! I am partial to Thor though luv, as I lived in Alaska for 13 months and just LOVE Huskies!!! I wanted to get one when we moved back to NY, but my husband insisted that the summers here are too hot for all that fur. Meanwhile, I do see some in the neighborhood and they look just fine.

Does Thor have those gorgeous blue eyes? Looks like it.

Now we have 3 cats instead, and are housing our son's 2 while they all live her temporarily for a month and a half... or so...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Well I dont know if I'd say Thor is fine... he is in all honesty very hot... but he still INSISTS on spending his days outside rather than in. So it must not be unbareable. Meanwhile he sheds horribly. We have dog vet/kennel/grooming places here called "Kennelwood". They do a "Shed-X" treatment that seems to work well but costs around $100 since they insist on bathing him as well. So we haven't done that this year and I CAN TELL! There's fur everywhere! We even bought the "animal hair" version of dyson vaccum cleaner. It's great but even so we still need to vaccum every day.

He's a great dog, but I can almost promise your cats are less work. ;)

His eyes are blue and they, along with his cuteness, have saved him from being throw out on several occasions when he was a puppy. Were he not so cute I may not have "hung in there" throughout his puppy months. He ate EVERYTHING! He even ate my outside christmas light cord THREE times WHILE IT WAS PLUGGED IN. THe first time I bought a new cord, checked his mouth and yelled a lot. Second time my husband fixed the cord and we yelled more. Third time we went without outside lights the rest of the season! I have many stories...

Valarina00 #219999 Jul 3rd, 2008 at 08:33 PM
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
I'd love to hear more stories and see lots more pictures, Val!
Can you also tell us a bit about the ducks you've raised? And is that one of yours in your picture - too cute!

And as for my cats... well the 2 sister cats are long haired - their father was mostly Maine Coon, and had the most gorgeous long fur. But they shed like crazy, and this year, even our short haired black cat, Salem, is shedding more than ever. Add my son's 2 cats and it's a very good thing that no one here is allergic to them!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Here are a few pics for ya'. :)

Thor loves eatting... I mean PLAYING with other dogs. Here are a few of him...uh... "playing.

[Linked Image]

This is Thor playing with his cousin Beowulf when Beowulf was only a pup.

[Linked Image]

This is Thor playing with Luna when she was a pup also.

Beowulf and Luna really could hold their own even as pups... but you'd never know it from the pictures would you? Now all three are too lazy to play very much. Luna tries but Thor and Beowulf generally stick together and be lazy. :)

Here's one last one of Thor being his laziest. This is how he sleeps, believe it or not, feet right up on the air. I read once that that means the dog is well adjusted or something. Guess Thor is SUPER adjusted... He does it all the time!

[Linked Image]

PS. I'll add the story of my duckies soon.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,892
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image