Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#221724 Jul 14th, 2008 at 07:24 AM
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 2
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 2
I have a 50 ft Holly Tree that has been in my back yard since I moved here 22 years ago. This summer for the first time 2 tiny Holly Trees have sprouted near my Hydrangeas about 20 feet away. I was surprised and delighted to see them but need to transplant them away from my inground pool and deck. Can anyone advise me how long to wait and the proper way to transplant them? I'm not a gardener with extensive experience but I am willing to do whatever is needed to keep them alive through next winter. I live in NY out on Long Island's east end. Thank you so much!!!

plplpj #222036 Jul 16th, 2008 at 07:07 AM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 30
Member
Member
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 30
Hollys are very difficult to transplant.


My dog Bo'sun

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in August
Gardening in September
Gardening in October


Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,335
Posts243,567
Average Daily Posts5
Members16,003
Most Online142,934
May 16th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
Karys 1
Random Gallery Image
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1