Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#222406 Jul 18th, 2008 at 08:20 AM
1k Posts
OP Offline
1k Posts
Hi all! I have a corn question, and a pepper question.

I put in my corn the first week of June. Maybe a little late, but my mom said it should be fine. So I have one row growing perfect, then one half-row, then 3 rows with 1 corn each. So after about 3 weeks, I tried planting again, and this time nothing is coming up. I'm watering once a day. What could I be doing wrong?

Then I have a migratory pepper problem. I planted some seeds from inside a store-bought pepper. Where I planted then, 3 are coming up. But halfway across the yard, about 50 are growing. WTH?

Thanks, if anone has any ideas!

1k Posts
1k Posts
you're overwatering the corn seeds. They probably rotted before they sprouted.

Waiting for fall...
1k Posts
OP Offline
1k Posts
Really? Thanks! How can you tell? My mom told me they don't really water corn much, but that's back home in Indiana where it rains, not out here in SoCal where it's a desert. I guess that would explain why I couldn't find too many of them when I went trying to dig them up. Do you know how much I should be watering them? And I guess that means soaking them first wouldn't be a great idea, huh?

Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
geegee! shock where have you been? i've missed you kissie

1k Posts
1k Posts
I water my corn every three days.Watering is important when they begin growing their tassels (the thing on top of the corn plants that contain pollen)

Waiting for fall...
1k Posts
OP Offline
1k Posts
Thanks emde.

Hi Jiffy! Just busy with life, you know, 2 kids, started my own business, house, hubby. etc.... Haven't been doing much gardening till this year. I missed you guys, too. :)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,896
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image