Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#222547 Jul 19th, 2008 at 06:47 AM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
We love it! Just bought it yesterday but we've been looking for a month. It's a 2004 Chevy Silverado with 60,000 on it. Full size back seat.....tow package, power everything. Mark is like a little kid he's so excited. He's never had a big truck, always something smaller like an s-10 or Ranger. And blue is his fav. color, and we got it for get this----almost $8,000 below book value. And there's nothing wrong with it. I checked the VIN number and it passed inspection!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

#222550 Jul 19th, 2008 at 07:08 AM
NICE! clapI love blue. And you cant go wrong with a truck. thumbupYour hubby can haul mulch, dirt, trees, flowers. All for you... haha

Congratulations shots

I love my garden
dhuber #222552 Jul 19th, 2008 at 07:26 AM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Thank you! He's just like a kid on christmas morning! lol I have hauling plans today actually. Some new patio furniture if we can find some I like! thumbup

60K is SO low for a truck, most we saw--even 2002 and up had 100K or around that on it.

#222556 Jul 19th, 2008 at 07:59 AM
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
WOW Loz!!! Just THINK of all the stuff you will be able to haul with that!!!

Very nice color too!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
plants 'n pots #222559 Jul 19th, 2008 at 08:07 AM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Marks old truck was a Ford Ranger and it was extended cab but it was tiny. It wasn't 4 door and it just had the jump seats that pull down from the sides. Now we can load our groceries and things in there so easy! That makes me the happiest! Having that big backseat! clap

#222566 Jul 19th, 2008 at 08:41 AM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
thumbup you will love it all but at fill up time uhuhh i'm happy for you though clap it's nice.

#222570 Jul 19th, 2008 at 08:57 AM
1k Posts
1k Posts
That's awesome, Loz! How did you manage to get it so much under book value?

geegeeburr #222584 Jul 19th, 2008 at 11:24 AM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
The guy who owns the dealership sold them all a lot under book price because he got good deals on them at auction. This truck was bought at auction. It had had one owner & was a fleet vehicle for GM or something. I guess they just trade in a lot when it's a company vehicle. The dealer wasn't lying either because I checked the VIN number and it says one owner, fleet vehicle. :wink:

To pass inspection they paid and put new rotors on it and brakes and a new muffler....so there's lots of new! thumbup It rides so smooth and is so quiet. lol

We filled it up after we got it, bought it with 1/4 of a tank....took $72 to fill it up....but to be honest it's doesn't use hardly anymore gas than his old ranger.....it was only getting at best 19 at the end.....I told Mark as long as we keep it above a 1/2 all the time it won't be so bad to fill up.

Last edited by loz; Jul 19th, 2008 at 11:25 AM.
#222593 Jul 19th, 2008 at 12:12 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Oh very nice indeed, love the colour. DH is a truck guy also, and you need a 4 wheel drive here in winter anyways.

I like how the doors swing out like that, easy to load up things. So are you gonna start driving it soon Loz?????????

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Sunflowers #222602 Jul 19th, 2008 at 01:07 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Ummm, I'd probably take out about 5 cars at least if I drove it. It's so big compared to driving a car. lol

You have to have 4WD around here too in the winter Tam. Not that we get as much snow as you do but we can get up to 3 feet at a time and it's nothing but mountains so it's very much needed.

Of course there are things Mark wants to get for it...smaller things like a bug shield, steering wheel cover, car seats, new floor mats...and bigger things like the running boards(bars actually), and maybe a toolbox.

He's driving around like he's the king of the road. lol

#222606 Jul 19th, 2008 at 01:31 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Originally Posted by loz
...He's driving around like he's the king of the road. lol
loz? honey? he is! thumbup haha tell mark we can get a lot of rocks in that when we come up thumbup

#222611 Jul 19th, 2008 at 02:04 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Nice Blue truck , it looks like it was really taken care of, I assume it only had one prior owner??? do you still have a car for you Loz?
" He's Driving around like he's the King of the Road".. Ooooh weeeeeeee He'll be paying a King's ransom to fill that baby up too,, notme .
\A lot of people here are trading their trucks and larger suv's in for smaller cars and are opting to rent a truck for moving and load work,, It's just too much for gas and they eat gas up , so many trucks are being sold for far less than the norm primarily for that reason,, *Here in my area anyway), because of the price of gas, insurance( insurance here in a major metropolitan metroplex is outrages yikes even for simple liability) , and the economy over all. *

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
angelblossom #222616 Jul 19th, 2008 at 02:41 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
diane, that is what is happening here too. you can get a nice suv or full size truck for about 40% under blue book. and older ones are all over the place for $500-1000. between gas and the economy, like you said, and then add the insurance thing, it's killer.

#222654 Jul 19th, 2008 at 06:18 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
We looked at probably over 3,000 trucks on the net within about a 200 mile radius of our house......this was the best deal. It seems like there were lots of smaller trucks for more money with about 90-100K miles on it. shock And then I'd find a nice cheap one and it would be 2wd! lol Who the heck gets 2wd up here in snow country? egad

We're checking the gas mileage on it, but from reports online it should be getting about one mile a gallon less than what his smaller ranger got....so we'll see. And our insurance only went up $10 a year. And when I get rid of my Ford Probe then it will drop about $400 a year and we'll get a credit back.

We hope to have this truck paid of very quick. Within a few years. And Mark said if he can he'll look for a small, used, good on gas car...something cheap. I don't really drive anyway. If I did it would just be around town. I get too panicky on the interstate anymore.

Guess what the truck hauled today? grin Originally $500, reduced 50 percent to $247.....on walmart.com it's selling now for $400. Better Homes and Gardens 4 piece conversation set for the back porch where I sit the most. It just fits. And now I can have 4 people out here instead of 2. It's thanks in most part to Bill......... kissie I went online and it seems like all 9 reviews were 5 stars...so I'm happy. I'm out here now in the dark. haha

[Linked Image]

dhuber #222684 Jul 19th, 2008 at 07:05 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by dhuber
NICE! clapI love blue. And you cant go wrong with a truck. thumbupYour hubby can haul mulch, dirt, trees, flowers. All for you... haha
Congratulations shots

I like the way you think!!!

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
JunieGirl #222777 Jul 20th, 2008 at 06:54 AM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
So do I. lol

Did you all like the conversation set? I'm still thrilled about it. Been sitting out there all morning.

I forgot to mention, a truck was crucial to Mark. He does a lot of work for people and he often needs to haul drywall, wood, etc....so he had to have a long truck bed.

#222799 Jul 20th, 2008 at 09:54 AM
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Oh, Loz... that is such a nice set! And it fits perfectly!!!
I can just see sitting out there and staring at the beautiful view you have there - how relaxing! I'd be out there with my knitting all the time - WOW!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
plants 'n pots #222803 Jul 20th, 2008 at 10:10 AM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Thanks Lynne, we ate out there last night and I sat out there in the dark with my laptop. lol Too bad it's so hot now or I'd be out there.

Oh and the ugly green carpet was there when we bought the house...each year we keep saying we're going to pull it up and we never get around to it. But I'd like to rip it up in the fall when we store the furniture for the winter and maybe put down something else......We have some brown carpet on the front porch and it's not too bad. Anything is better to me than that green. lol

I was just happy to get the set for 50 percent off! Can't beat that. I did just have some large plastic chairs out there....the nicer kind...they had a rose design in the back of them.....but I wanted something nice for the back porch because we sit out there a lot! So I put the old chairs on the front porch.

Everyone asks why we didn't put the set on the front porch because it's bigger and more people see the front porch, but we don't sit out there. Too many people to watch you, it's a truck route too so too much dirt getting all over everything.

Walmart has some really great deals right now on patio stuff in their stores!

It's a Better Homes and Gardens set and I noticed that you can buy extra pillows online that match the set....I think I might do that and get a few more pillows for the chairs. grin

#222819 Jul 20th, 2008 at 10:53 AM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
You guys found a really handsome truck for Mark! I'm so pleased for you. It also sounds economical in general.

I know Fleet vehicles can be a great deal because a friend of mine got a super good SUV from a car rental fleet and he got himself a honey of a purchasing deal to go with it!

I like your conversation set, too. The chairs look so comfy. Like you, I'd be out there 24/7. It is always ohsovery nice to have a place to offer people to sit with you.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Merme #222835 Jul 20th, 2008 at 11:21 AM
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
You are so lucky Loz - I was in our WalMart yesterday and they only had 1 nice chair for sale - I keep telling you all... we have the tiniest store in the company and we get garbage or nothing for sale.

You can get some nice indoor outdoor carpet at Lowes - my cousin had some very nice carpet in her outdoor room that we were in last Sunday.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
plants 'n pots #222914 Jul 20th, 2008 at 02:35 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
I like your patio/porch set,, Never heard it called a conversation set before,, I like the style,, and the colors in the cushions,, I set always in the back patio too, never in the front and I have a setting bench and end tables in front,, but I never go there,,

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
angelblossom #222917 Jul 20th, 2008 at 02:49 PM
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
I suppose if you have a porch out front, one could sit there, but none of the houses do here, so we all sit out back usually on our decks.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
#222921 Jul 20th, 2008 at 03:14 PM
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
hubby's been looking at a truck too, gas prices are so bad we have really been talking about it because witht the 3 cars we have we'd only drive it when we needed something hauled, and delivery on things is really not any higher than it would be to put the gas in and go get it. Plus I hate to see him toss down that much to pay for one. (he's a pay for it type of guy)

that's a good looking one though thumbup

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
suzydaze #222930 Jul 20th, 2008 at 03:31 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
belinda, if you want a real truck, now is the time to get one. they almost can't sell them here. one of the dealerships was offering a base model run-around car free if you bought a fully loaded full sized truck. they had that many just sitting there.

#222932 Jul 20th, 2008 at 03:40 PM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Here people have porches/decks/patios in the front and back, and follow the sun (or shade) as the case may be.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Merme #222934 Jul 20th, 2008 at 03:43 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
I LOVE the patio set Loz, beautiful and it fits perfectly out there. Great deal as well....certainly looks like a comfy spot.

plants 'n pots #222944 Jul 20th, 2008 at 03:59 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I love the truck as I said earlier and I love the chair set as well.

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
#223025 Jul 20th, 2008 at 08:34 PM
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
Loz!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the truck!!
We have a Chevy Avalanche that is a 2002...it has 42,000 miles on it...we bought it used and it was a GREAT deal. We love it....and just found out 2 weeks ago that if we drive it until the "low gas" light comes on that it costs $100.01 to fill it up...I think that was with 3.99/gal gas. The front end of ours looks almost identical to the front of yours....your headlights are flipped tho. :) Ours also has the full back seat, but instead of the suicide doors that yours has, it has normal doors with handles and stuff. The bed is a smaller bed, but if you want a full sized bed, then you just fold the back seat down, flip the back wall down, and take out the back window. Stephen used that feature alot when he was building the fence....lots of 2x4's and 4x4's to haul. We'll get to use the full size bed in a couple weeks when we need to haul plywood for the new kitchen floor.

AND I love the patio set!! We have a wrought iron patio set...its got a big table to sit at and chairs that go around it and then another smaller table that is like a cafe' table. We use the little quite a bit when it isn't nasty hot like it is right now.

Are you going to buy the extra pillows?? Are they the same fabric pattern or a complimenting one??

[Linked Image]
#223082 Jul 21st, 2008 at 06:33 AM
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
Originally Posted by Jiffymouse
belinda, if you want a real truck, now is the time to get one. they almost can't sell them here. one of the dealerships was offering a base model run-around car free if you bought a fully loaded full sized truck. they had that many just sitting there.

we've been looking some but they don't want to come off none for a cash price. Why shouldn't they give us a better deal if we are paying for it right there. A cash price is suppose to be different from a payment price. So until he finds a dealer that will knock off for a cash price he won't buy

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
suzydaze #223083 Jul 21st, 2008 at 06:44 AM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
I love the truck Loz! You got a great deal on it and it looks very nice! I bet Mark has been driving around a lot! You could probably get him to go get you a shake with that truck! haha What a deal on the furniture!! That is so nice! You will love having that!

suzydaze #223084 Jul 21st, 2008 at 06:51 AM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Jen, I wanted the 4 handles but I gladly took the suicide doors to have a back seat like that. lol Mark would only get a Chevy or Ford because he can work on both himself. And he absolutely wouldn't get a Dodge truck even though we saw tons of them cheap. I guess they are cheap for a reason? Mark said they had them at the shop when he roofed and they fell apart and things went wrong with them all the time. So we basically were looking for a GMC Sonoma, Chevy Silverado, or a Ford 150. It was nice to find this truck locally for a great price and with a full back seat and blue! We looked at least within a 200 mile range and they were all so expensive with HIGH miles. We couldn't get over the high miles on these newer trucks and the price being asked for them!!! It's nice to have a patio set eh? Nice to have somewhere to sit(when it isn't TOO hot). The pillows I can buy match the small throw pillows on the loveseat. I thought I'd get the 2 pack so each chair can have one too. Then they have lumbar pillows that are thin and long and are a match to the set but different pattern than any of the pillows I have now. I think they were both on clearance so I may have to scoop them up.

Belinda, we paid in cash too.....full price. :( They wouldn't lower it because it was so low under the blue book value, but he did give us a decent trade in price for Mark's old truck. thumbup

#223096 Jul 21st, 2008 at 11:11 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
lol we bought a new Dodge Dakota in 1996 and it was the worst piece of cr@p we had ever owned, it was back at the dealership every week...The damn thing was two months old and rusting already. We brought it back when the lease was up.

Three years ago guess what we ended up with again??????????An old 1996 Dodge Dakota haha it was the only truck we could find that was affordable and automatic(we only had two days to find a vehicle). So that's what we still drive now.

Sunflowers #223118 Jul 21st, 2008 at 12:16 PM
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
we bought brand new crystaler once and that was the worst car we ever owned. Something was always wrong with it. Hubby's on this own it thing, about 4 years ago we got completey out of debt and since then it's been pay cash or don't buy it

they won't lower here either and why pay the same price as someone who's going to make payments, you're paying it off, they should be falling over backward to make a better deal, we haven't done a trade in since the last 3 cars we bought they don't want to give you a decent trade in here either. We get a better deal selling the other car ourself.

Last edited by suzydaze; Jul 21st, 2008 at 12:20 PM.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
suzydaze #223123 Jul 21st, 2008 at 12:31 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Yeah, Mark could've got a LOT more selling his truck himself but we didn't want the hassle of it...it was just easier thru the dealership. We got about $3,000 under what it was worth. But we got a lot more than all the other dealerships wanted to give us.....

But you know something, I guess the dealership doesn't care if you pay cash or have a loan....Because if you go get a loan at a bank they just pay the dealership off totally and you are paying the bank. So the dealership is getting the full amount whether you take a loan out or not. If you don't make the payments the bank just comes and repossesses your car and tries to sell it to get the value of it back.

Tam, dare I ask how the Dodge is doing that you bought? lol

#223192 Jul 21st, 2008 at 05:02 PM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
guess what ......dodge drives a 2000 dodge and still loves it.

We bought a new tractor instead this week.......Have to find a photo.

Cost less than the automobiles.

Our 2002 dodge truck only gets 16 mile to a gallon and it is the smaller type.......eek I feel sorry for truck and van owners.

Last edited by dodge; Jul 21st, 2008 at 05:05 PM.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
dodge #223194 Jul 21st, 2008 at 05:09 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
I guess it makes sense for Dodge to own a Dodge! lol thumbup

Mark checked his mileage and he's getting almost 19 miles to the gallon. So that's not too bad when you consider his smaller truck was getting the same.....

#223197 Jul 21st, 2008 at 05:14 PM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Better than ours..We drive it little as possible.. Use the bike or car alot.. It gets about 28 or 29 mile to the gallon. I am pleased with the preformance of it thus far.. I bought it when I worked and have no need for new since I retired...........Costly.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
#223280 Jul 22nd, 2008 at 04:07 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Originally Posted by loz

Tam, dare I ask how the Dodge is doing that you bought? lol
It's doing great....knock on wood. We've got a little leak in the front window that we are fighting with to fix but other than that thumbup It's a gas hog at 16 mpg...and gas being $5.60 a gallon now(it's gone down) we don't drive far.

It's so funny because it's the exact same truck in appearance(colour and style) except this one has a bigger engine. I'd never buy a new vehicle again and we are better off with old anyway....if DH had to drive a newer truck with hail damage he'd freak...the old truck.. doesn't matter lol

Sunflowers #223315 Jul 22nd, 2008 at 05:13 AM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Correct......

However dodge, chevy, ford, all are gas eaters in trucks or suvs.......None are immune.............

thumbup

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
dodge #223329 Jul 22nd, 2008 at 06:03 AM
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
that's true Dodge, that's one reason we haven't gotten one, just too high on the gas and the up keep. Hubby had one and when gas jump to 3.00 a gallon we got the car a sold the truck. Gas is just too high right now, I'm with you I feel sorry for all these people who own a truck, van or SUV right now.

my car get 30 MPG and I'm very happy with that.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,896
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image