Rate Thread
dodge Offline OP
Hot Rod
20k Posts
OP Offline
Hot Rod
20k Posts
:ding: :ding:

HERE ARE MY 2 little angel Orchids in full bloom.
whitie has 8 this time.....I think the older they are, more blooms.

Is yours old rachelp??????????

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
beautiful barb

dodge Offline OP
Hot Rod
20k Posts
OP Offline
Hot Rod
20k Posts
blush
tHANX jIFFY .............YOU OUGHT TO TRY ONE?

THey are awesome.......Georgia is a good spot too.. COuple weeks ago I purchased a Cattleya Orchid .$5.00 Now waiting to see if it will like me.

LOL

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Beautiful blooms.
Dodge...where did u ever find cats for $5. That is a steal. Is it a small plant? I have a white cat blooming now. My phals have been blooming since Jan and now they r starting to look a little haggard. That is a long time to keep on blooming. I have them outdoors now in the shade as the greenhouse is going through some renovations. Orchids coming in on the porch over winter and going to use greenhouse for fresh veggies over winter. Cheaper to heat as the temp needs to be lower than for the orchids. Hope it all works out.

dodge Offline OP
Hot Rod
20k Posts
OP Offline
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Thanks for the kind words.

Cat was at Lowes in a tub of water in plastic wrap.

Can I see your cat if you have a camera?

b

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
It is not very pretty. The blooms dont last long and so the first ones have brown on them and r starting to die already. Will see if i can get a decent picture of the other pod of blooms

dodge Offline OP
Hot Rod
20k Posts
OP Offline
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Doesnt matter .Mine arent all genius ones.. Now I have to wild orchids from a lady in Malaysia.. They were recent ones, and already putting out new roots.
I am anxious to see this.

Fun arent they?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
They sure r. I dont know what happened. I took pictures of all the dif flowers and orchids in bloom. I saved them to pictures and also to my Kodak album. Now when i try to get them nothing is there. I know how to use the program but lately this has been happening. I have a few pictures from the beginning of the year that i can post here. Will try it and see how it goes but am so disappointed cause i had a lot and did a lot to them like cutting and such. I dont enhance cause if the flower can not do justice then not worth saving.

http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s355/puffysmom1/my%20orchids/orchidsinbloomspring2008.jpg

dodge Offline OP
Hot Rod
20k Posts
OP Offline
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Gorgous.

Is the last one same as mine? Phil.?

I like Whitie lots .......If you ever have extra babies.
I have a good home.....I love the plants.

Not sure I would like red.......YOu know orchid is orchid.LOL

Thanks for the trip ........I am addicted .. Orchids.
I send lots of stuff to my neice in Florida..

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I dont know if your phal has the lighter center or not. It didnt look that way but u can never tell on pictures for sure. I found my pictures. It was in my HP Image zone. No idea how it got there. Here r a few more including the white cat. Even the newest blossom has some brown on it.

http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s355/puffysmom1/my%20orchids/minitureyellowphalAug2008.jpg

http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s355/puffysmom1/my%20orchids/ondontoglossumspeciesAug2008.jpg

http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s355/puffysmom1/my%20orchids/orchidaug200810stalks.jpg
This one is hard to get a decent picture of. Has 10 spikes so will be full of blooms. Just started blooming

http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s355/puffysmom1/my%20orchids/whitefringedcat.jpg

http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s355/puffysmom1/my%20orchids/orchidsinbloomspring2008.jpg

http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s355/puffysmom1/my%20orchids/flowerfromorchidisentKathie.jpg

http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s355/puffysmom1/my%20orchids/unknowncatdec2007.jpg

http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s355/puffysmom1/my%20orchids/yellowphalspring2008.jpg

If i posted a few more than once i am sorry. I have a hard time giving orchids away. I did one this spring. I have one dendrobium that gets kikis and so i get to many of them. The one thing it needs is room to grow cause the flower spike gets so tall. I have one dendrobium that has the scent of chocolate. Love it. The cats i love cause they have a real nice scent in the early morning. I love all orchids but some i have no luck with.

LOLOL. Orchid is orchid huh? To me orchid color is a light lavender and u dont see a lot of orchids with that color. I like the ones with bright colors. White is ok but does not last long except when it is a phal.

Last edited by tsmate; Aug 3rd, 2008 at 02:23 PM.
dodge Offline OP
Hot Rod
20k Posts
OP Offline
Hot Rod
20k Posts
I love them all.

I can trade many types of flower inside and out.. AN seeds..
Do you have any now before frost comes to Penna?

I love your whole collection.. Will take any..

barb rose

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Little Babe
2k Posts
Little Babe
2k Posts
You guys have beautiful orchids! I love them. I think orchids are SO beautiful. It thrills me to grow them and have them thrive and bloom.

Dodge, my big orchid Glory is about 3 years old. She is the one with 18 blooms. She didn't bloom for 2 years then all of the sudden got 3 stems and tons of blooms. It bloomed continually for over a year. It lost it's last bloom in June and then quickly grew another stem and over 20 buds. She has 18 blooms right now.

The other orchid (Mommy's) is about the same age. I think I got it for her when I got Glory. I don't think it has ever bloomed. But, it's getting ready to any day now. It has about 5 buds on it. I'm really excited to see what color it will be. It is much smaller than the other so I think it is a different type. I don't know the proper names for any of them. As soon as it blooms I'll post pics and you guys can tell me what kind it is. I'm hoping for white or purple.

[Linked Image]

Rachel

(the new and improved Mrs. rachelc)

If you never have you should. These things are fun and fun is good.
dodge Offline OP
Hot Rod
20k Posts
OP Offline
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Thanks rachel......They are the greatest.. I know the Phalaenopsis ....My 2 , get more blooms as they age .. The white is much older. Pink I purchased a year ago, looked like it had one bloom only.

Love them all.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Little Babe
2k Posts
Little Babe
2k Posts
You had mentioned them having babies. What do they look like? Would I know it from other growth like roots?

[Linked Image]

Rachel

dodge Offline OP
Hot Rod
20k Posts
OP Offline
Hot Rod
20k Posts
look between the leaves for growth with roots on .

I dont have any.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Little Babe
2k Posts
Little Babe
2k Posts
I'll keep an eye for them. Thanks! Maybe Glory will have some babies for me.

[Linked Image]

Rachel

dodge Offline OP
Hot Rod
20k Posts
OP Offline
Hot Rod
20k Posts
I want to adopt a glory if she does....... :ding: :ding:

They are fun flowers.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Little Babe
2k Posts
Little Babe
2k Posts
If she does have babies Dodge, I'll be sure to get one to you. I know it would have the best home with you.

[Linked Image]

Rachel

dodge Offline OP
Hot Rod
20k Posts
OP Offline
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Thanks Rachel

Your the sweetest. rose

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
dodge Offline OP
Hot Rod
20k Posts
OP Offline
Hot Rod
20k Posts
That is so pretty...
Yes it is a Phalaenopsis.....Same family as mine.

Did you know there are thousands of type of orchids around the world?
Florida is loaded with wild ones.

thanks Cindy.. that is lovely..
Now my next one is to be yellow, we'll see if it happens.

thumbup

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Florida does have orchids and i did have one but it eventually died. I never saw a Florida orchid with big colorful flowers on them. I lived down there for 22 years and kept my orchids outdoors. Thing is i did lose quite a few one winter when it froze. I knew it was going to and put them all in the same corner and covered them. Most made it but some didnt. I later learned that some orchids can handle a overnight freeze but some cannot take any more than 2 hours. Also the area where i lived i only saw one native orchid and that was the one i had. Now if u wanted a Bromiliad that u could find all over. They were protected but when it came to construction they just cut the trees down that had them and no one bothered saving them.
I have orchids that have not bloomed in over 7 years. I forgot what the bloom looked like but i hang on to it. just trying to find the right amount of sun and such.
I joined the orchid society where i lived and learned a lot from the growers. They r the ones who showed us that most orchids can take rough handling with no damage.
The one had us all work with dif species of orchids. The kind u find in stores. I repotted mine in stone, one in orchid mix, one is spagnum moss. He said the worse thing for orchids is to leave air pockets in the root system so he had us take wooden dowels and smash what we were working with all around the roots. he said even if we broke the roots it would still live. LOLOL. I got to keep mine and it did live so guess he was right.
Walmart has this newer mix of orchid potting medium. It cost more than the rest but i sure do love it and so do my orchids.
KIKIs r the babies. I have only gotten two off my phals so far. U would see a bulge coming out of the flowering stem and it would keep growing and when it had healthy roots u would cut that end off and plant it. Thing is to not water orchids until u see new root growth. I find this hard to do. I have a dendrobium that keeps getting the kikis. This is the one.

http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s355/puffysmom1/my%20orchids/flowerfromorchidisentKathie.jpg

I cannot get a picture of the whole orchid as it is so tall. The first time it bloomed for me the total plant highth was 6ft tall. That was the bloom spike. I have a baby plant blooming but blooms r small. I have two kikis that r just starting to grow some roots and a kiki on the mother plant. They r all this orange blooming dend.

DODGE I have lots of plox. I dont know the colors but we have lavender, darkish pink, lightish pink and white. Only one white. I dug out some small plants this spring to sell but forgot to get them out when we did the yard sale. I dont know if u want any seed from the Bee Balm but i sure do love them as do the bees. Right now i dont have any seed saved but will be saving some come fall. What do u have?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,876
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image