Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#22777 Apr 14th, 2007 at 07:55 PM
Lorena Offline OP
OP Offline
I have sproutlings! Yay! I received a barberry bush in trade last year, and it didn't do anything on the surface, but it must have rooted well because it's leaving out and growing!

My comfrey rooting has got several leaves too... :)

I have honeysuckle in the window that needs to get transplanted somewhere - no idea where, except outside, lol!

Last but not least, I have two rootings (now plants) of something from Maylasia, also in the window... no idea what it is, lost my notes on it.

Maybe I'll get pics this weekend...

Lorena

[Linked Image]
"My Treasures do not clink together or glitter. They gleam in the sun and neigh in the night"

Old Arab Proverb
Lorena #22954 Apr 15th, 2007 at 04:53 AM
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Isn't it fantastic. I love the new growth everywhere. My mints are doing their leaf drop thing at the moment. I'm glad someone told me that's apart of their growth pattern. Cause now I know not to throw them away when they do this. Hopefully when they come back it will be nice enough I can finally plant them outside.

[Linked Image]
tkhooper #23418 Apr 15th, 2007 at 07:11 PM
Lorena Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi TK,

I guess mine are doing the same thing, my chocolate mints are looking straggly... I put one of them on the bank of my spring, and planted some angelica, chammomile, bee balm and nettles there too... looking for other things that don't mind moisture. My field mint and spearmint are just getting leaves. Getting ready to start my basils (all different varieties) inside... hadn't had time or energy due to work. My other half has started several (I mean a ton) of melon seeds and pumpkins, all different varieties... he's gonna have his hands full! We got some yellow watermelon in trade from landofoz and it only took it 5 days to sprout! I'm glad I'm just an herb nut, lol! They can grow just about anywhere... I got some purple daylilies and lime nicotiana today, got them planted. I really need to go through my seeds again and get some more of those going besides the basils. I planted some outside, to cold stratify, and boy has it been cold... only my calendulas are brave enough to come out of their "shells" lol!

Chatty has now left the building...

Lorena

[Linked Image]
"My Treasures do not clink together or glitter. They gleam in the sun and neigh in the night"

Old Arab Proverb

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,891
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image