40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
hey---hello everyone!!

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
#234893 Sep 21st, 2008 at 01:36 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
So how are you feeling today????--
better I hope...

________

#234896 Sep 21st, 2008 at 01:42 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Well good for you---perhaps I should go that route (the alcohol)

I stopped the pain pills as they were 'binding me up'. So now it is tylenol that I take--which is just about like eating candy for me--so a good glass of wine might just do the trick. thumbup (I hate beer)

________

#234898 Sep 21st, 2008 at 01:43 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Originally Posted by afgreyparrot
So how are you feeling today????--

I took 2 pain pills and now I'm drinking a beer (yuck!)...feeling better by the minute, though! lol
i hate beer... yuck is right!

wavy i'm lurking too lol

#234901 Sep 21st, 2008 at 01:50 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Lucky leslie !!!--you are a good cousin!!!

I cannnot drink the hard stuff either---never could-----but now I love my Asti-- (Spumanti preferably) thumbup

________

#234905 Sep 21st, 2008 at 01:52 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I make a motion that you go get a glass of wine! shots

I l,ove that motion BUT cannot mix it with all this stuff I am taking--and I have a cold...or something--so no good stuff for me today.

hey Jiffy--how are you today????

________

#234906 Sep 21st, 2008 at 01:53 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Lucky leslie !!!--you are a good cousin!!!

The day after I gave it to her I went to her house to have a drink with her! lol
BAD Cindy! nono

haha

________

#234910 Sep 21st, 2008 at 02:03 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
*Carol gives Cindy a pat on the back for trying*

That is good lola is working on the beer bottle, it'll keep her busy for awhile, right???

________

#234911 Sep 21st, 2008 at 02:10 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
lol Well, I'm TRYING! thumbup lol

Lola has the empty beer bottle in the floor fighting with it....trying to peel the label off, but the bottle keeps rolling over. She is really getting MAD at it! lol
lol i'm trying to, and i wish i could see lola and that bottle haha haha

#234913 Sep 21st, 2008 at 02:23 PM
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Yes, I'd like to see a picture of that!!!! lol lol
Of course the one in my mind is pretty funny!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
I was always a beer drinker for the most part......The best beer in the world IMO, is Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat. YUMMY.

BTW, Carol---yes I'd love your bread pudding recipe. I'm really serious about wanting some. grin You can put raisins in it too can't you? I think my nana made it like that.

Can't stick around, have loads of laundry to do---it CAN'T wait. And dinner to cook...that can't wait either. lol

Hope to be back later.

My sister came today with Athena so we were all busy hanging out at moms.

She told me that for Halloween she wanted to be the Corpse Bride....then she said, I could be a Poltergeist. Egging her on I said, what's that? She said you know, an invisible ghost. lol I said where will you buy an invisible costume at? lol I think they decided on this witch costume online that has wings. She wants to be something scary instead of something princessy, she even threw in maybe being a zombie....although the witch costume isn't too scary at all it is cute.

#234920 Sep 21st, 2008 at 03:01 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Loz, yes you can put raisens in the bread pudding--or not....
I will have Rod get down my recipe books tonight and I will type it up for you tomorrow mornng---

________

#234923 Sep 21st, 2008 at 03:23 PM
1k Posts
1k Posts
Hi everyone,I'am back,and worn out,still in a different time zone,It will take me a week to get back to normal. I was up at 4:30 this morning,I stayed up and did some washing and ironing,after that I went out into the garden,which looked like a jungle,weeds everywhere,anyway got the backyard done,all I have left is the front to do,and I'll probably do that tomorrow.

Anyway just thought I would check in with you all,and to thank you for my posts wishing me a Happy Birthday. Hope everyone is well,Iwill get on tomorrow.

Love Faye. wavy kissie flwr

"All good things come to those that wait."
#234942 Sep 21st, 2008 at 04:24 PM
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
good grief....you guys have been yacking it up since I've been out watering and partially attending the pit. hubby's doing chicken legs, son is doing up some frozen something or another side dish.
I'm signing off for tonight! not going to bed just yet, but done with the 'puter. gotta finish up watering, oversee the chicken 'pit-crew'. and get this bad foot up! got two houses tomorrow (house cleaning) and I have to be able to walk. oh...and what's with those of you who don't like beer??? ha ha.
gonna have me one more before I get stationary in front of the tv tonight! of course a couple shots of whiskey.........and I'd forget about the pain in this foot. but then again, I wouldn't be worth dirt tomorrow.
later guys.........

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
cricket #234948 Sep 21st, 2008 at 04:53 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
kissie good night cricket

#234954 Sep 21st, 2008 at 07:06 PM
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Hey yall! It seems i have some explaing to do as to my whearabouts! id first like to start off saying im sorry i havent been on I HAVENT FORGOTTEN U ALL IN MY HEART MIND AND PRAYERS!you all are always with me! Lets start off, well i was in chicago as alot of u know i came back down and then the first day back i found out we were moving! so i helped move us to our new house (it has a huge yard which is on a hill! omg so hard to mow) but yea i left all my plants but 3 at the old house i was heartbroken i didn't do much gardenign after that for a while... besides what my grandma made me... this just last week i dug out a big!!!! area (big to me) for a vegetable garden! i found a place from the city that gives free compost so been going and runnign around for that... I had a friend down from georgia for like a month... sadly when he left i found out something that he did to me ebhind my back and we are no longer friends havent spoken to him in a month now... Ive been working hard on my diet!!!! i havent had a soda in over 3 months except 3! and all i drink now is coffee and water i feel great im weight lifting again! within the last month ive lost 18 pounds and over the last 3 months totally ive droped 2 pant sizes! im getting super ready for a freinds sisters wedding next year. so yea... Finally got my car at my house..... lol that was experince after a batery and alternator lol... but hey things happen.... mom and dad both have had surgerys one of my aunts is having surgery tomorrow... I went to the doctors everthing is good (been having dizzy spells frequently) so i get blood work results tomorrow and possibly chicken pox vaccine (ive never had them) and i guess the flu shot too... mom said something about...

and im happy its pouring cats and dogs right now! but yea thats whats been up with me i have some back reading to do on here and some catching up with all yall! i miss u and imma be on here more often u can count on that!

pleaseee... Betty Crocker aint got nothing on me =)
toposh #234955 Sep 21st, 2008 at 07:15 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
kissie so glad to see you scott! welcome back. i'm guessing you haven't had any hurricane damage? i'm still lurking...

#235067 Sep 23rd, 2008 at 06:29 AM
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Faye, we are all glad you are back home with us!!!
It was fun tracking your plane as it was coming from England until it landed.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Gosh...there wasn't anyone on here yesterday...at all!!!

The church camp was torn up by the storm we had here from Ike, lots of debrie and power outage and trees down on cabins!!!! With the Senior Camp coming up!!!

They, hopefully, have everything cleaned up etc. I leave tomorrow to go to camp, so I certainly hope so. I will be there until Sunday night, so I won't be back on the forum until then. Oh for a laptop!!!!! boohoo I will never be able to afford one but it would go everywhere with me, just like my cell phone!!

Well, it is going to be nice and peaceful there and I am going to enjoy it anyway. There is lots of wide open space, lots of woods too, a lake to walk around and sit by, with ducks....we will have a church service on Sun. morning and speakers, and crafts, and an auction, and a corn hole tournament, and we are going to Der Deutchman to eat! There is going to be a comedian there (they should have hired Cindy! grin ). We will be fed all three meals aday while there, plus snacks. Oh and movies and bingo. All those days and all that stuff, for a $100. fee...includes everything. I don't think that's bad for a mini vacation away from this crappy place!!! grin (NOT THE FORUM!!! shock I mean my apartment building!!!)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
That is a really good deal Shirls!! I am glad that you are able to go and get away. Do a lot of people go that you know? I'm sure because you have been there a few times in the past, correct?? Sorry to hear it has damages from Ike! Hopefully they have it all fixed up! Or else they might put you to work when you get there!! lol

#235087 Sep 23rd, 2008 at 07:55 AM
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
They come from around the Tri-states area. And going to the camps and seminars etc. I get to know all the people! This will be my third time there. This past spring I got to go to a Teachers Conference in PA (Remember that?) and the church sent me and it was all free for me!! thumbup

No work for me! rspb

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Hey...on the sidebar in Portal Box 2 there is an ad that says 'Become A Pro Landscaper' by doing it on line!!! (well, it was there! rspb )
How can you learn that on line? Don't you have to get your hands in the dirt??!! grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Originally Posted by Shirley4
They come from around the Tri-states area. And going to the camps and seminars etc. I get to know all the people! This will be my third time there. This past spring I got to go to a Teachers Conference in PA (Remember that?) and the church sent me and it was all free for me!! thumbup

No work for me! rspb

I do remember that!! You sent me socks from there!! grin

1k Posts
1k Posts
Morning everyone, just thought I would get on here for a minute while my potatoes boil.

I'am glad to be back although I have jet lag, was up at 4 30 this morning,O well I'll just take a nap after lunch. Talk to you all later. wavy

"All good things come to those that wait."
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
When you're up that early it is a good time to just read on the forum and catch up!!! thumbup grin Glad you're back!!

Well, I'm off for lunch...back later.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
wavy Hi Faye!! Glad to see you here! Hopefully you can get back on track soon. I can only imagine how hard that must be!

#235104 Sep 23rd, 2008 at 09:38 AM
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
hi every one I guess by now you all know I pretty much got a flood in my yard on saturday , it rained all night friday night and we woke up to this saturday morning

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b24/suzydaze/water%20in%20my%20yard/

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
shock Oh man Suzy! Sorry to see that!! Did you have any damage from the flooding??

#235107 Sep 23rd, 2008 at 10:09 AM
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Wow! Those pictures look like a fishing lake!! Hope it will be something good, at least, for your grass and plants!!! Did you have a lot of 'clean up'?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Where did barleychown go?? I just was looking at the calendar and saw she has a birthday coming up next week....I had forgotten about her, it has been so long!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
not alot of clean up it all drained the next day

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
#235127 Sep 23rd, 2008 at 04:15 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Do you know how many of us would've been locked away in an asylum years ago? lol haha lol Me for sure, they'd have given me a lobotomy or something scary like that.

#235131 Sep 23rd, 2008 at 04:36 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Originally Posted by loz
Do you know how many of us would've been locked away in an asylum years ago? lol haha lol Me for sure, they'd have given me a lobotomy or something scary like that.

With a lobotomy, You would be happy all of the time.
(They're coming to take you away ha,ha.
They're coming to take you away ho, ho
To the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time)
I loved that song.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
#235135 Sep 23rd, 2008 at 04:40 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
wavy sign me up for the nutty farm grin i know i'm nuts.

just poking in, reading and catching up wavy

belinda, i looked at those pictures today while i was at work. shock all i can say is i'm sorry kissie

#235153 Sep 24th, 2008 at 05:00 AM
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
I just hope it didn't wash my seeds away, instead of gathering my seeds this year I let alot of them just drop, now I'm worried that it washed them away rolz

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
#235155 Sep 24th, 2008 at 06:32 AM
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
I know and my ditch still has not drained, gonna ride my bycicle down in the field today and see where it's clogged up at

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
found the problem, I'm not even connected to the ditch to drain...I have a ditch to no where shock

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
lol

Ha ha
A ditch to no where......
Can you fix it ?

Your a good farmer. rose

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Originally Posted by suzydaze
found the problem, I'm not even connected to the ditch to drain...I have a ditch to no where shock
wow! that's a problem. and to quote dodge, is it fixable?

dodge #235198 Sep 24th, 2008 at 05:50 PM
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
"A ditch to nowhere".........sounds like a mystery novel. ha ha
Hi, all!
what's shakin'?

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,893
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image