Rate Thread
#238531 Oct 14th, 2008 at 03:48 PM
Ditchy Offline OP
Digger
500 Posts
OP Offline
Digger
500 Posts
Anyone have any good ones? I made vegetable soup with salt free and no msg beef stock last week, it was good but lacking some taste.
Fugured you folks would have some good idea! Besides everyone loves to talk food! grin

[Linked Image]
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Boy, that brought back a lot of memories. Wonder what happened to Kareena and Loz, you need to write in our blog.

Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Ditchy-- did you make your own stock or was it store bought? When it comes to soup, it's all about the stock. We are having sausage chili in the crock pot tonight for supper. I'll post the recipe. (Sausage is homemade, of course, so no doubt lower fat than what you'd get at the store.)

[Linked Image]

"No crime is involved in plagiarizing nature's ways" (Edward H. Faulkner, 1943, "Plowman's Folly," University of Oklahoma Press).
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Originally Posted by Ditchy
Anyone have any good ones? I made vegetable soup with salt free and no msg beef stock last week, it was good but lacking some taste.
Fugured you folks would have some good idea! Besides everyone loves to talk food! grin

You're not kidding! John (hubby & cook) was sooo excited for me to send a couple of recipes. Even decided that the chili in the crock pot wasn't low fat enough so he went searching his recipes for another.

First the stock then two soups, one's spicer than the other. As an aside-- making this stock is fun! We go to the butcher about once every eight months or so and order 50 lbs. of beef femur bones (beef shank). The butcher gives us a phenomenal price on it, like maybe $0.70/lb. I think. Bring it home, weigh it out in manageable parts-- 4-5 lbs., wrap them up and throw them in the deep freeze. Then once in a while there's stock making day which yields enough stock (put up in the deep freeze in quart sized freezer bags holding about 2 cups) for a month, maybe more. Here goes:

BEEF STOCK

Makes about 2 quarts, but freezes well

5 lbs beef bones (shin bones preferred)
1 medium onion
2 carrots
2 ribs celery
1 bay leaf (fresh preferred)
½ tsp dried thyme
6 quarts water

Preheat oven to 450o. Split bones and roast in oven until thoroughly browned. Place browned bones in large stock pot. Cut onions and carrots in half and place in roasting pan for beef bones with celery ribs, braise in oven until nicely browned, and add to bones in stock pot along with bay leaf and thyme. Pour in water. Cook slowly for at least 8 hours. Cool.

At this point, we put the big pot in a spare refridgerator in the basement over night. Then next morning we skim off the fat, heat it ever so slightly-- just so it's not congealed, and measure it out in 2 cup portions in quart sized freezer bags and freeze it.

BEEF AND NOODLE SOUP

Serves 8

1 lb beef stew meat, cut into ½ inch chunks
1 lb mixed vegetables, cut into bite-sized pieces (choose creatively!)
5 C beef stock (preferably homemade—see recipes in Basics section)
14 ½ oz diced tomatoes (undrained if canned)
8 oz tomato sauce (preferably homemade—see recipes in Basics section)
2 bay leaves
1 ½ Tbsp fresh basil, minced OR 1 ½ tsp dried basil, crumbled
1 ½ tsp fresh marjoram, minced OR ½ tsp dried marjoram, crumbled
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 C uncooked medium noodles

Combine all ingredients except noodles in (at least a 4 ½ quart) slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat setting for 9-11 hours, or on high heat setting for 4-5 ½ hours. If using low heat setting, switch to high heat. Add noodles, cover, and cook on high heat setting for 30 minutes longer. Discard bay leaves and serve.

ZESTY BEEF AND VEGETABLE SOUP

Serves 6

1 lb ground beef
½ C onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 C cabbage, shredded as for slaw
4 ears corn, kernels and pulp cut from cobs (can use10 oz package frozen whole kernel corn)
½ lb green beans, cut
4 C spicy vegetable juice (like V-8)
14 ½ oz stewed tomatoes, Italian style (preferably homemade—see recipes in Basics section)
2 Tbsp Worchestershire sauce
1 Tbsp fresh basil, minced OR 1 tsp dried basil leaves, crumbled
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper

Cook ground beef, onion, and garlic in a large skillet until beef is browned and onion is tender. Drain off fat. In (at least a 3 ½ quart) slow cooker, combine beef mixture with remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low heat setting for 8-10 hours, or on high heat setting for 4-5 hours.

This is making me hungry!! :wink:

[Linked Image]

"No crime is involved in plagiarizing nature's ways" (Edward H. Faulkner, 1943, "Plowman's Folly," University of Oklahoma Press).
Ditchy Offline OP
Digger
500 Posts
OP Offline
Digger
500 Posts
Oh MArica, Thats lovely! thank you so much for that!
I would be interested in the chili recipe.. I thought of using ground turkey, would that be any good.?
As far as the stock I used, it was a friends recipe she used regular Beef boullions and water.
I used Herb Ox beef boullion in packets, no salt no msg.. equals no flavor. The meat is fabulous, I used stew meat. tender as butter, I used lots of fresh veggies, Basil Oregano, GRound pepper and a tad of sea salt.. Not enough. Oh and onion. But I actually used dried onion, I think that was my first mistake. I was all set to make it when I realized I had no real onion. rolz
Oh and thank Hubby in advance if he finds one. What a nice guy! clap

Last edited by Ditchy; Oct 15th, 2008 at 07:27 AM.

[Linked Image]
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
Miss. Farmer
500 Posts
He is a nice guy! :-) He's been collecting old-timey recipes out of old cookbooks for a few years now-- he's up to almost 5000 recipes! He calls it "The Big Food Manual"! He loves to cook-- even grinds his own meat for burgers & sausages, makes homemade salad dressings and mustard... . I grow the herbs, fruit and veggies. It's a perfect match!

I will look in the Manual (!) in a bit and see if I can find today's chili recipe. He put it together this morning (all I have to do is turn it on at noon) and it looked really yummy. The cool part was when he said, "Hey, Marica, I need two cups of green peppers" and I went outside and picked them!

[Funny story-- I entered a chili cooking contest once. I won! The next year John entered & won. The year after that, Kat (our daughter who now cooks at the Beverly Hills Hotel in LA) entered and won!]

Your stew sounds good, too. But I still claim that homemade stock has lots more flavor than boullion. Wonder if he has a recipe for homemade boullion??

[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I have a low fat chicken soup reciope for the slow cooker.

Chicken & Noodles

1 3lb chciken cut up into pieces (I liked to use chic breasts)
6 Cups water
1 TB salt --I use Salt Sense brand--33% less sodium
1/2 tsp pepper
1 8-oz pkg egg noodles (I use no yolk noodles-or Ronzoni--for the high fiber.
....I added the below to the recipe.................
1 stalk celery
2 carrots
1-2 pkg of Herb-Ox sodium free Chicken Bouillon--all the flavor, none of the salt.

Put the chicken, water, salt, and and pepper in the pot (carrots, celery, & bouillon added now) Place pot on base and simmer covered at #5 (or on high) for 4 hours. or on 2-1/2 (med/low) for 6 to 8 hours.

****Kim, I cannot say to much about the herb-ox beef, because I do not use it much, but I simply LOVE the heb OX Chicken Bouiillon.

Strain broth and remove chicken from pot. Debone cnicken and cut up onto bite-size pieces. Retrurn meat to pot. Add noodles. Simmer, covered for 1 hr at setting #5 (high) for 1 hr or until noodles are done.

Serves 4 to 6.

* you may brown meat before adding to pot and always preheat pot for 2 minuites before adding food.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Ditchy Offline OP
Digger
500 Posts
OP Offline
Digger
500 Posts
Thanks Carol and Marica, I am trying to stay away from artificial anything, No or low sodium and no MSG. The herb ox boullion makes a sodium free and msg free variety. I substitude Sea Salt.
I heated some more up this afternoon and I tell you it was not bad.
Now on to the chicken noodle. I hate cutting up a whole chicken, I know that makes the best soup, but I will use boneless breasts, cut up.. What do you think? 3? I do not know the size of my crock pot, I will have to check. I know it was right full when I made this soup last week.
Oh and Cindy, thanks for posting those archived recipes... I think. I had to stop reading was about to start drooling on the keyboard. I have lost almost 10 lbs cutting out all pricessed anything, no sat fats, No high fructose corn syrup. etc. Only real fruit, and Veg. And fish and chicken and lean beef only occasionally. No bread, maybe 2 slices at most a week of natural rye. No junk period.
Oh and no cheese. Since cutting out that and all lunch meats I have really seen a difference, and felt a ton better. I have been battling this 50 extra for 2 years, And now I finally got smart and cut out the fake food. It has made all the difference. And believe you me I had frozen this and that and ready made this and that. No more. After a week I hardly think about it. Shop the outside of the grocery store. Occasionally I will get plain frozen Veg. HAve no choice here in MI in Winter.
But homemade soups etc, are healthy and low fat. I have so many veggies in this last one it was amazing. But anyway I knew even though mentally I still feel 20 the 50 extra lbs was not making me feel good at all.
I had to make a change. What helped alot and motivated me is a show called you are what you eat.. its on BBC America on Dish netweork, its probably on cable as well. Not that I ate as bad as the brits this nutritionist helps but the concept is all the same. Man sorry so long winded! blush

[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I Like to use 4 chicken breasts for the 6 cups of water,
yself.
but that would be 2 whole breasts (each has 2 sides each)

using the chicken breasts is why I added the bouillon. Sea salt would be
good too. I may try it soon m

________

Ditchy Offline OP
Digger
500 Posts
OP Offline
Digger
500 Posts
Thanks for that CArol, Thats going to be on the menu tomorrow! I will let you know how it turns out!
Seems fool proof. clap

[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
thumbup

________

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
that chicken and noodle sounds good. I'm gonna try that one for sure.

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Thanks for the link to the crock pot recipes. I didn't have those in my recipe file. But, I do now lol.

I'll look and see if I have any low fat but I kind of doubt it.

Ada's Beans

Makes 8 servings

1 lb Red Beans, cooked
1 tsp Whole Allspice
2 tsp Sugar
2 Tbsp Chili powder
Cumin and oregano to taste
1 sm can Tomato sauce
1 sm Onion, chopped
1 clove Garlic, crushed and minced

1. Add all ingredients and simmer until beans are tender, about 1 1/2 hours.

2. Remove whole allspice before serving.

3. Serve over spanish rice with lots of warm tortillas.

NOTE: Can be done in a crock pot.

[Linked Image]
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Corned Beef & Cabbage

Makes 4 servings

2 med. Onions, yellow 1 med. Cabbage, green
6 whole Cloves 8 Peppercorn
3 1/2 lb Corned beef 6 Russet potatoes
3 lg Carrots Hot Mustard
2 Bay leaves 6 Coriander seeds

Stud the onions with the cloves. Put beef in large pot add onions, carrots, bay leaves, peppercorns, coriander and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over hi heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 2 hours.

Cut Cabbage into 6 wedges. Cut potatoes into 1 inch chunks. Add cabbage & potatoes to beef then cover and simmer about 25 minutes.

Transfer meat and veggies to platter, strain broth and return to pan cook on hi heat until reduced by 1/3 season to taste.

Moisten beef with juice and serve.

Prepare hot mustard and serve as a condiment along with the juice and horseradish sauce if desired.

[Linked Image]
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Crockpot Cuban Style Black Beans

Makes 8 servings

1-1/2 cup Black beans, cooked
3 cups Broth of your choice
4 cups Water
1 sm Onion, chopped
1 Jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
4 cloves Garlic, crushed and minced
2 Bay leaves
2 tsp Cumin
2 tsp Lime zest (graded lime peel)
3/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Black pepper

1. Place the beans in a 3-1/2 quart slow cooker. Add all other ingredients. Cover and cook on low setting for 10 to 12 hours or for 5 hours on the high setting.

2. Remove the bay leaves, mash beans slightly and serve over rice.

[Linked Image]
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Favorite Pot Roast

Makes 6 servings

3 lb Beef Rump Roast
3 Carrots, cut in 1" chunks
1/2 tsp Salt
4 potatoes, cut in 8ths
1/2 tsp Seasoned Salt, McCormicks
1 stalk Celery, coarsely chopped
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup Beef Broth
1/4 tsp Paprika
3 Tbsp Cornstarch
1 Onion, cut into 8 wedges
1/4 cup Water

Trim visible fat from meat. Rub all sides of meat with salt, seasoned salt, pepper and paprika. Place vegetables in bottom of a slow cooker. Pour broth over vegetables. Place seasoned meat on top of vegetables. Cover and cook on low 8 to 9 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. To thicken juices, remove meat and vegetables; keep warm. Turn control to high. Dissove cornstarch in water; stir into cooker. Cover and cook on high 15 to 20 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with meat and vegetables.

[Linked Image]
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Fennel-Bean Soup

Makes 6 to 8 servings

When you trim the fennel, save a few small clusters of feathery leaves to sprinkle on each bowl of soup just before serving.

2 carrots, peeled and sliced 1/8 inch thick
1 small fennel bulb, trimmed and sliced
1 large onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
4 cups chicken broth
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 15 oz can cannellini beans (white kidney beans), undrained
2 cups coarsely shredded fresh spinach
Fennel Leaves for garnish

In a slow cooker, combine carrots, fennel, onion, garlic, chicken broth, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on LOW 7 to 8 hours or until carrots are tender but not mushy. Turn control to HIGH. Add beans with liquid and shredded spinach. Cover and cook on HIGH 20 to 25 minutes. Spoon hot soup into large soup bowls. Top each with sprigs of fennel leaves.

[Linked Image]
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Killarney Chowder

Makes 4 to 6 servings

2 leeks
3 small potatoes, peeled and chopped
3 1/2 cups chicken stock
1 10 oz package frozen green peas, thawed
1/2 cup coarsely chopped watercress leaves
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/2 cup sour cream
Watercress leaves

Trim and clean leeks; slice crosswise. In a slow cooker, combine leeks, potatoes, stock, peas, watercress, seasoned salt and pepper. Cover and cook on LOW 5 to 6 hours or until vegetables are tender. Process one-third of the mixture at a time in a blender or food processor until pureed. Return mixture to cooker. Turn control to HIGH. Stir in sour cream. Cook on HIGH 15 to 20 minutes or until hot. Spoon into bowls. Garnish with a few watercress leaves.

[Linked Image]
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
If these are along the lines you are looking for I'll add more later. Let me know what you think.

[Linked Image]
Ditchy Offline OP
Digger
500 Posts
OP Offline
Digger
500 Posts
Ohh TK those are awesome. I have printed them all out. I will eliminate the salt from all of them and use seas salt, or seasoned salt. Like Mrs Dash, But Yummmmmmmmy!
These things I can make and freeze. and they are healthy. Thanks for those. clap

[Linked Image]
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
I guess that means you would like to see the rest of them. I'll post a bunch now.

Lentil Soup, Crescenti Style

Makes 8 servings

This is a thick, hearty soup, similar to a stew.

1 to 2 lbs beef neck bone or beef shanks
3 carrots, peeled and chopped
3 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 large onion, peeled and chopped
3 celery stalks with tops, chopped
3 tomatoes, chopped
1/8 tsp dried marjoram
5 cups water
5 beef bouillon cubes, crumbled
1/2 lb lentils
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 zucchini, chopped
1/2 small head cabbage, shredded

In a 4 qt or larger slow cooker, combine beef, carrots, potatoes, onion, celery, tomatoes, marjoram, water, bouillon cubes, lentils, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on LOW 9 to 10 hours or until lentils are tender. Remove beef bones from cooker; cut off meat and discard bones. Return meat to cooker. Turn control to HIGH. Add zucchini and cabbage, cover, and cook on HIGH 30 to 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve hot.

New Orleans Red Beans

Serves: 8

This vegetarian main dish is cholesterol-free, virtually fat-free, and chock full of vegetables.

1 lb. dry red beans
2 quarts water
1-1/2 cups chopped onion
1 cup chopped celery
4 fresh bay leaves
1 cup chopped green pepper
3 tablespoons chopped garlic
3 tablespoons chopped parsley
2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper

1. Pick through beans to remove bad beans; rinse thoroughly.
2. In a large pot combine beans, water, onion, celery, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
3. Cover and cook over low heat for about 1-1/2 hours or until beans are tender. Stir. Mash beans against side of pan.
4. Add green pepper, garlic, parsley, thyme, salt, and black pepper.
5. Cook, uncovered, over low heat until creamy, about 30 minutes. Remove bay leaves.
6. Serve with hot cooked brown rice, if desired.

NUTRITION INFO (per 1.75-cup serving)
Calories: 187.2
Fat: 0.8 g
Carbohydrates: 35.4 g
Protein: 10.9 g

NOTE: Can be done in a crockpot.

Oxtail Soup

Makes 6 to 8 servings

This richly flavored soup is a meal in itself. If leeks are not available, substitute one onion.

1 lb oxtails
1 tomato, chopped
1 carrot, peeled and chopped
1 turnip, peeled and sliced
1 leek, halved and sliced
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 cup rose wine
5 to 6 cups water
1/2 tsp dried dill weed
1/2 cup frozen green peas
1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil

Combine oxtails, tomato, carrot, turnip, leek, garlic, wine, water, and dill in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW 4 to 6 hours. Remove oxtails; chop meat and discard bones. Return meat to cooker. Cover and cook on LOW 2 to 3 hours. Add peas about 30 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with basil and serve hot.

And that's it from my files. Everything else has a fair amount of fat in it. I hope you enjoy the recipes.

[Linked Image]
Ditchy Offline OP
Digger
500 Posts
OP Offline
Digger
500 Posts
Your so nice to do that TK
They are fabulous. The low fat soups will do great.
Most everything is great for me except the creamed stuff.
I am going to give them a try one by one.
I like trying things folks have done instead of wading through a cook book..
You get first hand opinions. Will keep you posted. :wink:

Last edited by Ditchy; Oct 19th, 2008 at 04:23 PM.

[Linked Image]
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
ditchy, do you have high blood pressure?

Ditchy Offline OP
Digger
500 Posts
OP Offline
Digger
500 Posts
No not at all. And I want to keep it that way. LOL
Everything is packed with sodium today and sugar, its totally unhealthy.
Thats one of the reasons that I got off all processed foods. ITs junk. It has made a huge difference,
I have lost 11 ibs so far. only 40 to go! LOL
I used to be thin, then menopause hit, and I kept eating the way I used to. That was where I knew if I did not get it off, it was going to cause problems.
No one needs as much salt as there is in so many things. :)
OK you can say it, I have turned into a health food freak. LOL

[Linked Image]
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Way to go Ditchy. Healthy is the way to go. I hope the recipes help you get there. Which reminds me I want to put a pork butt on to simmer. See you later.

[Linked Image]
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
that's great Kim. Have you ever read the book by Marilu Henner who advocates no dairy, sugar, or meat? I tried that for a while and actually felt good but I can't stay away from the sugar. Right now I'm eating Reeses Pieces and washing them down with Pepsi. I have continued to stay away from most dairy, especially cheese. I really like cheese and read where it's not good if you have allergies, which I do. I think no cheese has helped me feel better too. I try to cut down on the Pepsi but it's almost impossible. I like it.

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Sheri, when you are home try this with your pepsi.

take a 16 oz glass.
add ice about half way up the glass.
then add water to between half to 3/4 up the glass.
Finally add your pepsi to the top of the glass. stir and enjoy.

My DH does this--he says that he found it quenched his thurst better. I do it because I get water in my system that way and end up drinking less Pepsi as a bonus. It tastes like Pepsi,it just does not have the 'bite'.

________

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
I'll give it a try and let you know. Thanks.

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
I've got the chicken for the chicken and noodles in the crock pot now for tomorrow night. I used boneless chicken breast and Swanson no sodium no fat broth instead of water. I got the no yoke noodles too because the calories are 36 for a serving versus 236 a serving. Who would have thought egg yokes would make such a difference.

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Bestofour
I got the no yoke noodles too because the calories are 36 for a serving versus 236 a serving. Who would have thought egg yokes would make such a difference.

yep who would've known----and they taste just the same.--well I think so anyway--let me know waht you think.

________

Ditchy Offline OP
Digger
500 Posts
OP Offline
Digger
500 Posts
Thanks Sheri, and thanks for being a sweetie and not sending and treats in my goodie box. Cause I would have had to eat them to be polite! haha
Sugar I can stay away from, I miss cheese.. well kind of. I really miss bread and pasta.
But ITs getting easier. As long as I am not around it I am fine.
Oh as far as drinking coke or pepsi or any soft drink. One thing I gave up almost 15 years ago. I NEVER drink any of it. I was a diet coke addict. And it was rotting my stomach. I felt so much better without it. never even stomach the stuff today. It is said that carbonated beverages in women are not good in high amounts. It leaches the calcium from bones. Also really rotten on the tummy.
And it is full of sodium.. Most are. I just love water! Its the only thing that quenches my thirst.
And its good for the aging skin.. ~Sigh~ Yeah aging. rspb

[Linked Image]
Ditchy Offline OP
Digger
500 Posts
OP Offline
Digger
500 Posts
I've got the chicken for the chicken and noodles in the crock pot now for tomorrow night. I used boneless chicken breast and Swanson no sodium no fat broth instead of water. I got the no yoke noodles too because the calories are 36 for a serving versus 236 a serving. Who would have thought egg yokes would make such a difference.

OK THATS what I am making tonight.
And yes the no yokes are great! And you do not feel guilty eating them.

[Linked Image]
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Originally Posted by JunieGirl
yep who would've known----and they taste just the same.--well I think so anyway--let me know waht you think.

the other noodles just look soooo much better. Fatter, thicker, yellower. I cooked the chicken last night in the broth so when I got home today I took it out of the frig and turned it back on. I'll add the noodles later after it's warned up. I cooked it on high so it was fork tender after 3 hours. I didn't add the carrots though. Now I wish I had.

I fixed a really great dinner last night but it's not crock pot so I can't put it here.

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Oh ditchy, I thought about the brownies when I was going down your list but I've received a box full of ants before.

I went specifically by your list except for the socks and I figured everyone wears socks once in a while. There was a pick tee shirt that was gorgeous but....

Ditchy Offline OP
Digger
500 Posts
OP Offline
Digger
500 Posts
Oh ditchy, I thought about the brownies when I was going down your list but I've received a box full of ants before.

I went specifically by your list except for the socks and I figured everyone wears socks once in a while. There was a pick tee shirt that was gorgeous but....

Ewwwwww Ants?? Oh no I am glad you did not send any food.. I am ok as long as I dont see it..
And I LOVE the T shirt.. I actually shrunk it a bit cause it was a tad bog! Woo hoo.
So glad you did not get pink.. I have always been a non pink person, drove my mom nuts when I was young~ :wink: Thank you so much again!

[Linked Image]
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Sorry about that last post here. I should have put it in the other forum. But... I figured that shirt would be too big. Sizes differ so much.

Anyway back on topic. I ate my noodles and chicken. Yummy good.

plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered

I fixed a really great dinner last night but it's not crock pot so I can't put it here.

Start a new topic for it! I can always use new recipes! thumbup

Ditchy Offline OP
Digger
500 Posts
OP Offline
Digger
500 Posts
LOL Plan grin t Queen, She was talking about my gifts she sent me.
I love recipe topics.
I made Chicken Noodle soup with the no yolks.. AWESOME. I got the recipe by googling Crock pot Chicken noodle soup. ITs yummy.. wish you could all smell it.
OOPS My bad.. Now I see what she said.
Sheri start a new thread.
I adore recipes as well, I can alter anything to be low fat. :)

Last edited by Ditchy; Oct 23rd, 2008 at 04:39 PM.

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,896
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image