Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
California grows a lot between the burns. We are not in so much danger now until the next winds come along. And the next idiot with a match.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good morning everyone.

Tina, I am so glad to hear the fires are dying down some. I am with Sheri, that would scare me.

I can see where the fires would burn out the old dead underbrush & stuff, allowing the new growth to come in strong and healthy, but what about the trees ??? That has got to be bad.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Sometimes fires are good. The man who used to do our yard had a plan to burn leaves and left a huge fire and went to do another yard. When the police called my husband at work, the fire had burnt our entire field, almost back to the barn (thankfully someone had thought to let our dog out of his pen), and had melted the blacktop on the road. The field grew back nice and pretty though.

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
my goffy hubby used to burn along the metal fence line when we didn't have a weedeater. my roses came back prettier and prettier each year.

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Yes, I am surrounded by wonderful eucalyptus trees that came from a burned grove. The babies were popping up everywhere and we got permission to thin them when I was pregnant with Jonni. We dug up thousands of seedlings and planted a couple hundred around our house. That was 17 years ago (plus a little). They make great fire wood.
Today was another run around day for me. But most of my days are so not too different. But I am very home now and had a nap too.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Super early morning for me today. Woke up a bit ago and couldn't go back to sleep, it's 75 degrees in my bedroom. Turned the AC on last night but it's making a funny noise and so I'm dying from the heat in here.

Mom if you get up and come in here I will take a coffee. grin lol Call me. :wink:

1k Posts
1k Posts
Wow, your up,come over the coffee is brewing. kissie

"All good things come to those that wait."
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
grin kissie Wow, coffee, eggs, bacon, and toast! What a great mom! clap

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
lol Healthy breakfast there Cindyfaye! lol Sounds like something I'd typically have.

I didn't expect breakfast too, you know though when I wake up super early I usually wake up ravenous. So it was great! grin I love my mom, and not just because she feeds me well. lol

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
lol A lot of places you can order them online. Even around here they have home delivery for a fee.....

I thank God that Mark likes to go grocery shopping with me.....it's nice having someone else help you fight your way thru the grocery store. lol

Wished you lived closer Cindy so you could stop by while Jiffy is here. kissie

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I wish I lived closer so I could stop by. While Jiffy is there and between her visits too. I am up also but having off and on internet connection problems. Good morning. I often start my day with potato chips. Always coffee.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Tina, I wish you were closer too! I know JIffy would love to meet you and so would I! kissie

Cindy, I'll get Mark right on that. haha He's so strange, he likes to go. He thinks that even after 11 years of being together that I'll forget all of a sudden the things he likes I guess. touched And he ALWAYS pushes the cart. I never get to push it. rspb lol

Usually we stick to a budget, but once in a while we'll get tired of that and just go in and buy whatever we want. That's always fun when I can talk him into that. grin

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Are you going to check it twice? notme

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Ok you guys--when Mark gets done doing Cindy's shopping tell him he can come and do mine. I cannot right now, and while Rod will, he hates to do it. I am sure I could convince him to let Mark do the grocery shopping. neenee

Gee, I want to get together with you all as well. We just did not plan this right--the very least we could of done was be living in the same or adjoining states, right??? This living all over the country is the pits. why.
and to bring up the title of this Coffeehouse......

No, my yard work is not done yet... rolz

Last edited by JunieGirl; Oct 16th, 2008 at 10:43 AM.

________

plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
I agree Carol...it would be nice if we all lived closer! I am not very close to anybody on here. I think I would have to drive 12 to 15 hours to visit any of you. rspb

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
I tell you what, I'll let you all borrow Mark in trade for a visit! lol

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
I didn't want to start a whole topic just for one picture, so I'm throwing it in here......just uploaded the picture of the sky from this morning. I thought it was pretty! thumbup

[Linked Image]

Too bad the smoke from the waste filtration plant is ruining it! lol

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
whoa! awesome pic.

afternoon all! just poking in for a few before I start supper. eggs and pancakes tonight. we also need to get to the grocery store!

Cricket

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
YUM! I like breakfast for dinner! grin

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Oh gee if I could---

________

Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
i have a soulution why don't u all just move down here to florida!!!!! the weathers great all year round! lol see everyones happy! now that we got that settled moving on lol

my yard work i think for today is pretty much done for at least 3 days... planted a wild lantana found growing in the woods... its almost like a tree so i think im going to let it grow like a tree... =) got bit by a tons of fire ants at least 40 all together all over my feet... their swollen and veins popped out and im jittery from the poisin i guess im shakey lol... but the thing is the bug people came out and spryed for fire ants and things like that this morning! hmm... and there wasnt any ant piles so i put some amdro down but i got bite some more haha... but yea...

more mexican petunia planted out back of the house... i say 2 months the whole back of the house will have hedges along the back side of it(whihc is what i want) them things sure do grow fast and easy!.... but yea...

hows everyone?

pleaseee... Betty Crocker aint got nothing on me =)
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Can't stay I'm cooking dinner, but Scott--then I'd be complaining about the heat and especially the humidity! lol I can't be pleased when it comes to weather. lol

Be back later!

Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
lol loz well arent we just being picky! gosh! lol haha nahh i complain about the heat and humidity everyday... well its been nicer supposed to be in the 60's i heard sometime this or next week idk... i hear tons of things lol! but loz that is a great picture up there ^ i forgot to comment on it... ... i love the red! or some might say vibrant oragne but i say red *oh yea i went there and i bought property* lol!

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
mmmmm....mmmmmmm the eggs were really good. I let the rest of the fam fight over the pancakes since there was very little syrup. did I mention we REALLY need to get to the grocery store. ha ha
it's in the 60's here now. it is so nice! tommorrow we have highs in the 70's and lows tomorrow night in the 50's. I love the fall weather.

Cricket

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
We really need to go too. Grocery shopping. It seems like we always delay it until we are almost out of everything. lol

Thanks Scott. thumbup Sure am glad to be rid of the humidity, even though it's trading it for the cold. Although I really miss swimming in the pool. I really do.

Mom if you get on here early, I'm up. wavy What time are we going to Walmart? Call me.

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
I'm off work today, on my third cup of coffee, gotta get some ppwk together and get to town before noon.
So what's shakin' with everyone else this fine Friday?
Oh and Loz....can you pick me up some tolit paper at walley world today? were about out of that too and I really don't want to do any shopping today either. ha ha

Cricket

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Morning all,
No yard work isn't done here either... have 3 trees of leaves to rake soon as they finish falling off the trees.. hopefully it will happen this weekend,supposed to be in the high 70's ... wonderful weather for raking...
Mom is doing better this morning- she had us worried yesterday... she started getting dizzy... we went back to doc and they wanted xrays of her back to make sure she didn't break anything as she is so fragile... hoping they call today and say she is fine... today she is only sore where they gave her a tetnus shot... which is good- dizziness is gone so far today too and she actually ate breakfast today....
I got a decent nights sleep too which helped me a lot- which is good I have to work on getting the rest of the blood out of the carpet and got laundry and ironing to get done too... behind of most everything- Joe took today off to help me catch up too.
Nana

[Linked Image]
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
I am sorry to hear about your mom nana! Tha'ts sad.. But i'm sure shes so thankful to have you as a daughter to take care of her!!

Nothing much going on hear today it's sooo hottt hott hottt here today! I just got back inside from hanging out the laundry and and making a fresh pot of coffee... Also from bringing and putting away groceries! From wally world! mom went i can't stand to shop there anymore the people are so rude at the cash register... just the other day when my grandma was here we got a woman soooo rude that i wanted to scream.. plus the man behind us was not very nice so he got told off by me no one messes with grandma no one....

so we don't go there no more my new favorite stores are publix and kmart -target! no more walmart... lol

so what is everyone else doing out there.. tonight maybe take some pictures of the yard at my house i promised for some lol!

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
So how is everyone doing tonight. Anybody 'home' tonight???

________

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by afgreyparrot
[Linked Image]

Hi, Cindy--how ya doin'???

________

Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
I am here, but only til our Chinese food is delivered...

Hiya Carol and Cindy!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Little Babe
2k Posts
Little Babe
2k Posts
You can get Chinese delivered to the house. The place by Tractor Supply delivers. I forgot what that one is called.

[Linked Image]

Rachel

(the new and improved Mrs. rachelc)

If you never have you should. These things are fun and fun is good.
Little Babe
2k Posts
Little Babe
2k Posts
dam it Janet!

[Linked Image]

Rachel

Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
[Linked Image]

Awwwwww.....there's those beautiful eyes!! kissie I have those in my

Shirley Files!!! grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Rachel...I'm getting ready to put my false eyelashes on right now! lol

Are you practicing? I hope you don't poke an eye out!!! rolz

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Little Babe
2k Posts
Little Babe
2k Posts
Shirley, you are a nut! Only you could pull a picture 'out of your files' that quick.

[Linked Image]

Rachel

Little Babe
2k Posts
Little Babe
2k Posts
Get up here and do the real show.

[Linked Image]

Rachel

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Originally Posted by rachelp
dam it Janet!
why
I am here. Is this where the party is?

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Little Babe
2k Posts
Little Babe
2k Posts
Maybe we could have a Rocky Horror party!!

[Linked Image]

Rachel

Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
did i hear party? come on yall i got gingerbread muffins with lemon sauce for them! lol made fresh! by myself... lol

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,884
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image