Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#238913 Oct 17th, 2008 at 03:29 PM
OP Offline
As a crazy cat lady, I am required by law to force pictures of my furbabies upon everyone I meet. Fortunatly (for you) you can escape now by hitting 'back' if you so choose. ;)

I am also a lazy butt. I saw a rule somewhere about photos NEEDING to be a certain size, else they'll break the page, kick puppies, and bring down the wrath of Those Who Moderate. But... I don't have time to resize all of my pictures... so, you guys will have to click on the links instead :/

You could right click then 'open in new window' if you'd like. :)

Okay.. so here's the story about my fuzzy family:

It all started one day when a friend's friend moved out of his house and left his cat outside in the cold, harsh, february weather. Said friend of ours scooped her up and brought her inside and fed her. We then scooped her up and brought her home with us.

And that was how Calash came into our life. (that's Ka-loosh. sort of like the boots, but not.)

About 2 months later, my husband and I went off on a trip to visit some friends. His mother, catsitting for us, called us about halfway through our trip to let us know that.... our cat had had kittens. So much for the vet's saying that she wasn't pregnant!

So, we came home to this!

We did a bit of gentle moving and set them up, as such...

Obviously, there's a lot more to this story... but That involves pictures I don't have on photobucket already. :)

This is Brownie. She's the quiet one. Aloof, quiet, graceful--well.. not so much graceful... she's a bit of a klutz. But she is the rest. :) She doesn't meow so much as she squeaks. She wants petting on her terms and will walk away when she's done with you, thank you.

Here's Cookie... she's the tiniest of them all, and is built like a ferret or a weasel. :) She's also the sweetest and the most loving. Every day when I wake up, she spends at least 15 minutes trying to get her head between my hand and the coffee cup, and purring desperatly. She's also one of the most playful.

This is Baby Girl... She went to my Mother in Law.... she doesn't get along so well with her brother and sisters anymore... but she's loved and taken care of. :) I can't ask for more.

This lump is Tiger. he is a huge, lazy ball of feline. He's very loving and playful also. Very photogenic too. He just wishes the photographer wasn't inept. ;)

He, and the other kittens, are about 6 months old now... Tiger weighed in at 8pounds when he was 5 months old. It's amazing that he could go from this to THAT in that small space of time...

I'll add some more (properly sized) pictures over the next week or so... :) but for now, this will have to do. plans tonight! grin

(oh yes, and all of them have been happily spayed/neutered to prevent the issues of any further kit-tastrophes happening :) I found a lovely not-for-profit center not too far from home, and got them all done at once. I volunteered to help them out that day too.. it was an awesome experience... and I get to join the small ranks of pet owners who can say that they saw their animals get fixed. grin ... though that was pretty mild compared to the poor chryptorchid male cat... O_O )

*purrpurrpurr* Colby (and her flock of kitties) *purrpurrpurr*
ColbyWolf #238917 Oct 17th, 2008 at 04:56 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Well hi there crazy cat lady. lol wavy

You have some cute cats there! thumbup Just got done checking them all out. That picture under the word such is sooooo cute!

BTW...there will be no puppy kicking here. haha Mostly we require the photos to be that size because yep, it does break up the page and make it so you have to scroll--sort of awkward, and because there are still quite a few members that have dial up and bigger pictures don't load very well for them.

Glad you found us and I'll look forward to seeing more of your babies.

Laura wavy

#238920 Oct 17th, 2008 at 05:00 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
awwwwwwwwwwwww Nice Kitties!! I like how you incorporated the pictures with in your post thumbup .. Glad to have you here Coby grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
angelblossom #238921 Oct 17th, 2008 at 05:09 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
welcome Colby--those are some very nice kitties you have there---and quite a story.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
JunieGirl #239035 Oct 18th, 2008 at 05:59 AM
3k Posts
3k Posts
Fantastic photos.

[Linked Image]
glenda #239086 Oct 18th, 2008 at 11:14 AM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
nice. how did that tiny thing surprise you? she doesn't look like she was big enough! yikes but such a nice family to love that surprise. i like folks who spay/neuter! thumbup

#239340 Oct 19th, 2008 at 11:18 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Hi Colby Crazy ca tlady. I have a grandson named Colby.

I am allergic to cats so our cat has to be an outside cat. My husband, Johnny, brought her home one day because as a kitten she showed up at the dumpster where he sometimes eats lunch. He gave the waitress cat food but wasn't convinced she was taking good care of the baby. When he first took her to the vet they said she was 4 weeks old. Last Thursday he took her to have her spayed so I don't end up any crazier than I already am. When he picked her up they told him to keep her inside for a week. She's on our enclosed back porch which I can not go near. So far she's been very still so not much dander is flying around out there. I told Johnny he is in charge of the clean up too when she's able to go outside.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,880
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image