Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Tina #239115 Oct 18th, 2008 at 03:15 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
i'll cross my fingers. i guess we are going out to supper. neither of us wants to cook lol see y'all later!

#239127 Oct 18th, 2008 at 04:33 PM
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
I'll say good night early today. I'm about to go out and start a little bon fire. the weather is SO nice for it. not too cold and not too hot. hope all of you have a wonderful evening.
we don't feel like cooking either but the kidos aren't here and we both ate breakfast and lunch. maybe grab a couple of crackers, maybe not. there will be meals tomorrow, right. ha ha

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
good eveing everyone i learned how to flush out a radiator today and how to change the hoses.. lol (sisters car) lol but it was good... i did see all of my parsnips have came up in my garden its only on the third day! and my cucumbers are coming out of the ground... i didnt think they would so fast but wow! lol im eager to see what will be up tomorrow! lol! tonight a lot of nothing will be going on i think i will pop in one of my fav movies (under the tuscan sun) and just unwind lol... handing tools back and forth and sticking my hands in small places and just standing around actin like i know what im doing is hard work... lol but engine oil and batterys have gone up a few bucks i saw at the auto stores today...
how is everyone?

pleaseee... Betty Crocker aint got nothing on me =)
toposh #239168 Oct 18th, 2008 at 07:37 PM
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
Originally Posted by toposh
i think i will pop in one of my fav movies (under the tuscan sun) and just unwind lol... handing tools back and forth and sticking my hands in small places and just standing around actin like i know what im doing is hard work... lol ...

I can't say my day has been that bad, but I HAVE been there! shots haha

Cricket

Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
thumbup yes, me too! calling it a night... have a good one all snooz

#239333 Oct 19th, 2008 at 10:52 AM
1k Posts
1k Posts
I've got a lot to do today.I've got to help my mom wash laundry and clean my room.

Waiting for fall...
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
I've got a lot to do too but I can't get started. I've done absolutely nothing and I've got to go back to work tomorrow.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
My list of things to do is very long. I'm not sure I will get much of anything checked off on it. I do have dinner in the crock pot. I plan on chasing down my son with some nail scissors and maybe the hair scissors too. Those are the given things.
Beyond that, I need to get a ladder and fix a couple small leaks in my travel trailer before they become big leaks. I bought the supplies for that a couple weeks ago. They are still in my vehicle. I have a lot of yard clean up from our heavy duty winds before the next ones arrive this week. I am hiring my older son to help me out with this job though.
All of my laundry is done though. And that always feels good.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #239347 Oct 19th, 2008 at 12:12 PM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
still haven't done anything. I haven't even gotten dressed.

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
I'm dressed but only because I had to go outside. lol

Starting tomorrow is pickup for the big fall junk day.....I guess a lot of towns do that stuff in the fall and spring. I'm getting rid of a LOT of gardening stuff that is old and junky.....tons of old plantpots and my mini greenhouse that is leaning like the tower of Pisa now from all the weight it's had on it for years. Chairs, trashcans, all kinds of junk. I've been doing it for hours and I'm having a break.

Cig in mouth, drink in hand.

#239353 Oct 19th, 2008 at 01:34 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
This has been a do Nothing day for me today too. I'm going to make taco salad in a few minutes,, ,,,,,,,,maybe,,,,,,, lol lol I haven't eaten today yet so I guess I'll try to get up and cook something, I've been drinking coffee all day so I'm not really hungry too much. The weather here is absolutely gorgeous I've just sat outside on the patio for a long time,, it's about 77 slight breeze and clear skies,, the Birds have been singing all day,, But I can't see them ~ too many leaves in the trees boohoo ,, One of the birds sounds like it saying,, Chip-a waaaaaa,, chip a weeeeee,, and then a Rolled eeeeee sound,, it's really a nice sound grin ,, kinda hard to describe.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
#239354 Oct 19th, 2008 at 01:35 PM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
still not dressed here and haven't done a thing. I went shopping in Atlanta Thursday, Friday and yesterday, then decided to drive home yesterday instead of spending one more night like everyone else and it's done me in. Plus I don't think I've fully recovered from the surgery on the 9th and I can't make myself do anything. I haven't even unpacked and looked at my new shoes.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
That is OK, Sheri. You deserve some recoup time. I haven't done a lot on my list today and someone has kindly begun a new list for me tomorrow. (sigh)

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Bestofour
still not dressed here and haven't done a thing. I went shopping in Atlanta Thursday, Friday and yesterday, then decided to drive home yesterday instead of spending one more night like everyone else and it's done me in. Plus I don't think I've fully recovered from the surgery on the 9th and I can't make myself do anything. I haven't even unpacked and looked at my new shoes.

Sounds to me like things are progressing just as they should.
you need to be resting, and for sure you will not get much of that at work tomorrow, will you??
I say either the house chores will wait or someone else can do them. thumbup

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Tina #239363 Oct 19th, 2008 at 02:21 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
i'm not dressed right now. but i've been up, dressed, undressed, dressed and now undressed again. sheri, you have to recuperate. it's mandatory. i'm taking a break from the cleaning and laundry and stuff.

scott gets good husband marks. he's outside with the weedeater. he said "show me what i can't cut down" so i showed him the amaryllis leaves. i told him to cut nothing that looked like that or was in 3 feet of them. so my beds are safe thumbup he's asked me before. and always does pretty good. he just can't remember from one time to the next.

#239365 Oct 19th, 2008 at 02:31 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Jiffymouse

scott gets good husband marks. he's outside with the weedeater. he said "show me what i can't cut down" so i showed him the amaryllis leaves. i told him to cut nothing that looked like that or was in 3 feet of them. so my beds are safe thumbup he's asked me before. and always does pretty good. he just can't remember from one time to the next.

He needs more weedeater time is all. He'd remember if he did it more often.
I have a bright side to look at right now. I haven't any 'help' in my gardens to destroy things. There are silver linings if you look for them.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
#239366 Oct 19th, 2008 at 02:33 PM
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
well, I'm dressed....but in the same thing I wore yesterday and the same thing I slept in! ha ha
I've been doing tons of laundry and started to thin some more seedlings in the garden but it was a bit hot. guess I need to get my lazy self out there here in a few and finish that up.

Cricket

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Don't overdo it Sheri! kissie Although I can't believe you haven't looked at your new shoes! shock lol

#239371 Oct 19th, 2008 at 02:44 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
silver linings are good tina thumbup

cricket, i've done that on a weekend. not cared whether i got up and dressed or not. but this morning, scott and i slipped on yesterday's clothing to run walk our grand-puppies, then came home, got a shower and went to church, puttered all day out, and now we are back home. first thing i did was strip off the church clothes lol

loz, want to meet me at sheri's? i'll distract her while you check out the shoes haha haha

#239477 Oct 20th, 2008 at 06:37 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. Off to start my day. But I would rather sleep in again. It is Monday, y'know? I am going to be working my tail off this morning but should be back this afternoon.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #239478 Oct 20th, 2008 at 07:12 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Morning .
I get on here and see everyone who is up already- then realize you are all ahead of me except Tina and boy do you get early starts!
Mom is better now... still taking pain meds for night but they help her sleep and then I can sleep too so that is a good thing... first couple nights I slept in recliner to make sure I heard her if she got up... took me another 3 days to recover from not sleeping right... going to get her in shower today, later when it is warmer in here... we cooled off again ...it's definitly fall...we are supposed to get rain tonight and mountains have opened for skiing this past week too.... they can keep that stuff.
Joe is off now for the second round of school runs- they have a short week this week- it's fall break... and conferences time and all that stuff too..
Nana

[Linked Image]
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
morning all, I know I haven't been in this week, I still haven't been feeling too good this ear infection is really dragging me down, as bad as I hate to I may have to go back to the doctor. Not this week, too much to do, maybe next week if I still feel like crap

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
sorry to hear your ear is giving you so much trouble, belinda. hope you can stick it out till you can get back to the doc or maybe it will heal up on its own. sometimes sinus medicine can help with those ear infections.
afternoon all.

Cricket

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
My favorite stand by for clearing ears is dimetapp. My older kids used to suffer an ear infection each month, each of the two them every other month like clock work. My dr gave me a running precription for dimetapp (it wasn't over the counter back in those days) and they never had another. The minute anyone gets a little runny nose the dimetapp comes out and the ears stay clear.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #239510 Oct 20th, 2008 at 04:47 PM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
I have never heard that before, Tina. Thanks for sharing that. I will have to get some Dimetapp! thumbup

Tina #239511 Oct 20th, 2008 at 05:25 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by jonni13
My favorite stand by for clearing ears is dimetapp. My older kids used to suffer an ear infection each month, each of the two them every other month like clock work. My dr gave me a running precription for dimetapp (it wasn't over the counter back in those days) and they never had another. The minute anyone gets a little runny nose the dimetapp comes out and the ears stay clear.

Tina: same for me. My Valarie had running ear infections. I too got a running prescription of Dimatapp. Wonderul stuff. Val still got her ear infections, but they were not as severe. Mom finally got some sleep--well so did Valarie. thumbup

________

Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
goodevening everyone! everything in my garden is up now except my onions theres sprouts of everythign woot woot! lol im so happy! did a whole lot of nothing today but sit outside on the porch enjoying coffee and magazines and that fun stuff... weather was so nice today it was around 75 76 which whas nice i did which it was a lil cooler but hey thats better than nothin! lol ahhh...
how is everyone?

pleaseee... Betty Crocker aint got nothing on me =)
toposh #239523 Oct 20th, 2008 at 05:54 PM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Sudafed is the best thing for clearing ears. It won't cure an infection of course but it will help clear congestion in the ears.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Sudafed does other things to me and mine that aren't very pleasant side effects. A hangover effect for one. And hyperactivity for some of us. It dries rather than drains (I think). At least that was the difference explained to me by an allergist. And you have to purchase Sudafed behind the counter most places because of the drug thing.
Dimetapp makes you a little sleepy but not drugged up so much. It does make you thirsty. But fluids are almost always a good thing.
Of my youngest three kids from 29, 17 and 14 There has been only one ear infection sneak in behind the flu once and that was Ted.
Ted has down syndrome and deformed ear canals that go along with that disability. These kids are known for many ear infections and most have tubes constantly. He has had the one ear infection in his life. No tubes. I love my Dimetapp.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #239545 Oct 20th, 2008 at 06:34 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
OK, I went crawling around the web and Dimetapp contains psuedophedrine (sudafed) as well as an antihistamine. I used to use Dimetane when I could find it. That is the same antihistamine used in Dimetapp without the Sudafed. But have been unable to find any for a few years.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #239548 Oct 20th, 2008 at 06:37 PM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
that's great that he doesn't have ear infections. You're a good mother.

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Bestofour
that's great that he doesn't have ear infections. You're a good mother.

I know you are a nurse, sheri, and so you should know---and reading this reminded me that my pharmasist said that sudafed id the one thing thst would drain out all the sinus cavities instead of just drying up the mucous for a period of time as a antihistamine would. I myself swear by sudafed--well the 12 hour.

________

1k Posts
1k Posts
It's four o clock on the West Coast. I'm trying to save up enough money to go to wal mart and buy some bulbs.

Waiting for fall...
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
As of yesterday, My west coast walmart had no bulbs in yet. Same with home depot and lowes. I've been watching and waiting for them.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #239747 Oct 22nd, 2008 at 04:03 PM
1k Posts
1k Posts
At the wal mart in my town they are selling daffodils and tulips at $4 for a bag of 12 bulbs

Waiting for fall...
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
the doctor gave me some allergy med's they work pretty good. Allerga D is what he gave me, takes about 30 minutes for them to kick in then I do feel better and they have finally picked the cotton behind my house so that will help and it rained this morning and that will help. And today is report card day so Ashley will be off school tomorrow and that will sure help.

Did I mention she had her class trip this week? they went to punkin hollow, I followed the bus up there and back, going up there they got lost, the bus did, I don't think I have ever been on a trip where the bus got lost.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
1k Posts
1k Posts
I'm not feeling very well.I'm taking some pills to alleviate my allergy.Apparently it's not working.I guess I'll have t go to the doctor's office again to get a stronger med.

Waiting for fall...
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Sorry you're not well. Allergies are the worst.

1k Posts
1k Posts
I can't wait for spring to arrive because I want to plant plenty of plants in my yard especially some brugs and daylilies.

Waiting for fall...
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
I'm with you emde on already waiting on spring. it was in the mid 50's this morning and I was freezing! I could be perfectly happy with just a couple of weeks of winter.
anyone else extreamly happy that tomorrow is friday? whew! I'm ready for the weekend.

Cricket

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,884
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image