Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#242849 Nov 6th, 2008 at 08:34 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
So, I have about 32 presents for my best friend.....they've all been wrapped forever. grin

Today she calls me this morning and says---Do you want to exchange presents tomorrow?

Me---Do you?

Her---Well I asked you....

Me---laughing, well it's up to you too....

Her---I wouldn't have asked you if I didn't want to. lol

I tell you we're cut from the same cloth for sure. I can't wait to give her hers, as much as she can't wait to give me mine. She got me something big, something so big that she had to ask her husband if it was okay to buy it for me! lol There are several things that go with this "thing". So tomorrow will be a great day....not that I care about presents, but it IS bugging me as to what she got me...and I can't wait to watch her open hers.

Dad thinks we're crazy. touched lol I say, well---Christmas IS next month. And her schedule is so busy that she can't stop to see me on Christmas or Thanksgiving, and she lives 3 hours away and can't just drive over to see me that often---although all of her family still lives back here. So I'm really more excited tomorrow to get to spend all day with my bestest friend. :ding:

This year I lost one of my 3 best friends. By my own choice really. She didn't like to just sit around and visit. She always went out and did things with her friends, out to eat, etc. I didn't always have the money for that. She lives 5 miles away and when she'd come to see her mom every few days she never stopped to see me knowing that I don't drive. We'd been friends since we were both 17....so 15 years, so it was sad.....but I told her I couldn't settle for being an acquaintance after being best friends........

Anyway....my whole point of that is that my bestest friend Mel, who goes by gamingaddict on here(and I've known her since middle school), is just the best! She told me that she doesn't care if she came here and I made her watch HSN all day and we didn't even say a word to each other....just being here in the room with me is good enough. :ding: She's the kind of friend that would give you the shirt of her back if you needed it and I love her. I don't know how many times she's followed me around Walmart while I looked at clearance stuff, I might look at the same rack 3 times and she won't rush me or hurry me or anything--she knows just how I am. lol Can't WAIT for tomorrow. Can't WAIT to give her presents. Should be a fun day.

So maybe it is a little crazy that we're doing it tomorrow, but we are crazy together and that's all that's important. lol Christmas in November! I think we get earlier and earlier. Although the soonest we ever did it was Thanksgiving.....before long we'll be doing it in October. haha

Oh, plus it's Avon Day tomorrow, and maybe--just maybe I'll get my swap package too! How cool would that be? lol

#242855 Nov 6th, 2008 at 08:58 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Wow! You have a busy day planned tomorrow. I hope all of your dreams come true, Loz. You have been working hard.

Last edited by jonni13; Nov 6th, 2008 at 08:59 PM. Reason: keep forgetting the 'r' on your.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #242856 Nov 6th, 2008 at 09:00 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
And think of how much room that will give you in your 'gift room'!

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #242857 Nov 6th, 2008 at 09:03 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
I know! 1/3 of the twin bed is now empty! lol clap

It's hard when your best friend lives far enough away that you can't see each other often. The funny thing is that before she moved away she lived one street above my house, I could see her porch from my porch. And before that she lived right next to mom and dad. And before that she lived in the house to the right of me...... haha

I keep hoping she'll move back.

I :ding: giving presents more than just about anything! It's the culmination of my shopping and list-making and thinking so hard about what each person would like.

#242858 Nov 6th, 2008 at 09:04 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
With that said, I can't wait to send Cindy her presents this year! grin I told mom what I got her and she said----you find the most perfect things. Where did you even find something like that! lol

#242860 Nov 6th, 2008 at 09:10 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
That sounhds like a great day to me, Loz. you 2 have fun!! and this jsut stretches out the season !! good for you!!!

My cousin, who is one of my best friends, calls what you discribed as a
"comfortable silence" she says we have that. souinds like the 2 of you have that as well.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
JunieGirl #242864 Nov 6th, 2008 at 09:23 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Oh, And I am hoping for pics!
(whisper what you got for Cindy. I won't tell)

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #242866 Nov 6th, 2008 at 09:34 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Yes Carol, I think we do have that. The friend that I lost was someone that I never felt myself around really....like if I wasn't all peppy and perky then she'd be saying, what's wrong? All the time! I'm just not a peppy, perky person always....so when she'd leave I'd be drained from feeling like I had to be ON all the time.

Pictures? Why of course! I think I can handle that. lol

#242869 Nov 6th, 2008 at 09:46 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I am glad you have a good friend like that.

One of my "good friends" will do anyhting for me, but there are issues, like if we go someplace and she is driving,I have to drive over and met her at her house.--there is no "comfortable silence" between us.

the good thing is she lives just a few miles form me.

________

JunieGirl #242887 Nov 7th, 2008 at 06:22 AM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Well she's almost here. She called me at 7:26am lol. I didn't answer the phone....she was screaming, get up! I'm on my way! And I was just like---oh Mel, and rolled back over. haha

But I am up now, early for me--and excited! Need to go get dressed.

I'm glad you have such a good friend Carol---that's important in life...to have at least one really good friend. I have two left now......not three, but that's all I need. thumbup

BTW, if my swap package comes today it will be here around 9-9:30am! grin

#242893 Nov 7th, 2008 at 06:44 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts

#1. I fully understand this. If there's a present wrapped and I see it I need to unwrap it even if it's not for me. If there is a present under my tree and I don't know what it is, I unwrap it and sometimes wrap it back to keep Johnny from getting mad. Sometimes it's hard to act surprised but I have to do it. Who said presents can only be opened on Christmas day. Not anyone I know.

#2. I didn't know you don't drive. You sure get a lot done for a person who doesn't drive. It reminds me of a song from a long time ago that goes something like "I've got a pair of brand new roller skates, you've got a brand new key...." It says somewhere in that song "don't drive no car, but I go pretty far." That's you Loz.

#3. Too bad about your friend but it seems you were making all the consessions in that relationship. Maybe in the future she'll call and you guys can be friends again.

#4. Where are the pictures????

Bestofour #242907 Nov 7th, 2008 at 07:39 AM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
I am excited for you!!! It is fun to give presents!! My friend's birthday is on the 11th. Her and I are going out to lunch on Saturday and I will give her presents then. I am excited to see if she likes everything I got her!! I am one of these people that can't wait to give other people their presents. I start shopping early for Christmas but it is hard for me because I want to give everything to everybody right away and some of it I do. lol Have fun Loz and I can't wait to see pictures!!

#242945 Nov 7th, 2008 at 01:45 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
What a lovely day! First of all it's pushing 75 degrees here and SUNNY and blue skies. I got to spend the day with my best friend! And we had gifts, and went out to eat and Walmart. We had the buffet at Pizza Hut and that was yummy! grin

We did exchange presents first though.... lol

She got me a red nintendo DS Lite! grin clap I was totally stunned as they aren't cheap and I had no idea that she was getting me that! She wasn't happy until she found me the metallic red one! grin

[Linked Image]

She also got me a DS purse thing to keep it in, headphones for it, Guitar Hero!!!!, Super Mario, and Final Fantasy!!! Oooo, and some bath and bodyworks and TWO Webkinz Cares Webbies.

[Linked Image]

I got her a bunch of stuff too!

[Linked Image]

Here we are together, mom was here watching!

[Linked Image]

#242946 Nov 7th, 2008 at 01:51 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
that was quite a gift, Loz, I am impressed----and you even got a lot of accessories for it !!! WOW. ---Very Nice indeed. clap

and thanks for the photos. it is nice to be able to put a face to someone so important to you.....Thanks......

I am glad the day turned out so nice for you. kissie

________

JunieGirl #242947 Nov 7th, 2008 at 02:00 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Very cool, (what is nintendo ds lite?) I am so not up on the game systems. I do know what cares pets are. It sounds like you had a wonderful pre-Christmas!

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #242950 Nov 7th, 2008 at 02:06 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
:ding: Yep that's my bestest friend! grin

A nintendo ds is a portable gaming system. It has 2 screens and one is a touch screen that you get a little stylus pen to use with it. I can't BELIEVE she got me that! shock I'm still in shock! lol

I'm a huge gamer(she is too) and this will surely help on those long days of winter--that was her thoughts of buying it for me! clap

#242954 Nov 7th, 2008 at 02:12 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
So like an upgraded gameboy? Does it take different games or can you use your older games in it? I bet Jonni would love one of those. Poor kid has been game deprived. But she would rather have a laptop.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #242960 Nov 7th, 2008 at 02:55 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Oh yeah, it's way better graphics than a gameboy. It's awesome and you can use your old games in it! I think she'd love one of them.

#242964 Nov 7th, 2008 at 03:50 PM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
I think I've seen commercials for them. They seem cool. Glad you had fun.

Bestofour #243232 Nov 8th, 2008 at 08:45 PM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
shock That is awesome Loz!! That will be great for you!! Tristen wants one from Santa. He just may get one! We will see if the big man comes through. why

#243234 Nov 8th, 2008 at 08:52 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Tell the big man that Tristen will LOVE it! They are soooooo cool!

I still can't believe that's what she bought me, with three games and headphones, and a carrying case...AND 2 webkinz and a bath and bodyworks set. She's crazy. lol

#243237 Nov 8th, 2008 at 09:07 PM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
She is crazy!! lol lol That is awesome though!!

Yeah we will have to write a letter to the big man! haha

#243240 Nov 8th, 2008 at 09:22 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
The big man might fall over when he sees that on the list! lol

They have a lot of cool games though, and a lot that are very kid friendly. thumbup

Tons of the games are $19.99--not too bad. But I'd buy mine used at Gamestop and save some $$$$.

#243241 Nov 8th, 2008 at 09:29 PM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Well he has a Game Boy so he could still use all of those games and Santa would just have to get one or two new games to keep him happy! lol

#243243 Nov 8th, 2008 at 09:33 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
I got Tre a Nintendo ds last year for Christmas,, you Can use the old games in it BUT the games that use BOTH screens have to be made for the N DS,, Old games won't show on Both screens,,,,,, and if someone in the neighborhood also has a N ds you and they can IM each other from your Nds it is a smart gift with a lot of features,, calender calculator, etc,

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
#243244 Nov 8th, 2008 at 09:34 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
thumbup I always say get games used if you can, really---kids don't care...and I know that I don't care.... lol Anything to save money. Never had a bad used game.

#243245 Nov 8th, 2008 at 09:39 PM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Thanks for the info Diane! He will more than likely get one. I am such a push over when it comes to things like that that he wants! lol

We have a Game Stop in the mall I shop at so I will check out some games there, Loz! kissie

angelblossom #243246 Nov 8th, 2008 at 09:41 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by angelblossom
I got Tre a Nintendo ds last year for Christmas,, you Can use the old games in it BUT the games that use BOTH screens have to be made for the N DS,, Old games won't show on Both screens,,,,,, and if someone in the neighborhood also has a N ds you and they can IM each other from your Nds it is a smart gift with a lot of features,, calender calculator, etc,

I don't think you saw this Loz we posted at the same time, Game stop is where I got games for the Boys to, But be careful about what game you get if you want BOTH screens to work,, Old game boy games DO Not work on both screens only on the main(top) screen,, Just the N ds games work on both screens ,

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
angelblossom #243255 Nov 9th, 2008 at 08:26 AM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Diane, I totally didn't see your post last night or I would've responded to you. You're right about it being a smart gift with a lot of features. I really think it's a lot of fun for adults too.....not just kids. I LOVE gaming, so this is perfect for me! grin It runs in my family because both my older sister and older brother are as addicted to games as I am. lol

Can't wait to go to Gamestop and see what they have! I was telling mom for Christmas I wanted this game Nintendogs or something like that. You get to pick out and train a doggy. Might be the closest I get to the real thing. lol

I :ding: the touch screen, that is so much fun!!! And I love the way the stylus pen stores in the game unit.

#243280 Nov 9th, 2008 at 12:30 PM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Originally Posted by loz
She's crazy. lol

I'd say takes one to know one. kissie

Bestofour #243287 Nov 9th, 2008 at 01:26 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
That's true Sheri, very true---we're both a little crazy! lol And hey, aren't we ALL a little crazy? lol She just loves me. :ding:

#243291 Nov 9th, 2008 at 02:07 PM
500 Posts
500 Posts
32 PRESENTS!!!!!
my goodness, i think i will move in next door to you and become your new BFF.
i cannot remember Ever having received 32 presents at one time, unless you count
the Easter morning that my basket was filled to the top with jelly beans!
haha

patunia #243293 Nov 9th, 2008 at 02:43 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Well they aren't all HUGE presents, but most are nice presents. I'm a little crazy because I love shopping and giving and Christmas....And we don't make THAT much money, that's why I start so early.

Don't tell, but I'm now up to 49 presents for Athena, my niece....some are smaller things like jigsaws, and coloring books....I did get her a kids digital camera though. That's sort of her big present I guess. Lots of dolls and doll clothing, and Webkinz and an outfit....clothes, books, all kinds of stuff.

I start abbreviating on the presents, from L&M because writing Laura and Mark takes too long on so many things....Dad always jokes how L&M is a pretty good company. lol

Anyone remember this from last year? TOOOOOO CUTE! She's growing up too fast.

[Linked Image]

patunia #243294 Nov 9th, 2008 at 02:44 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Jess if you are moving next door to Loz, let me know which side--because I will be buying the house on the opposite side. I don't think I EVER had 32 gifts before. I think that sounds like fun !!! Go Loz !!! clap thumbup

________

JunieGirl #243301 Nov 9th, 2008 at 03:36 PM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Nice to live on our means.

Most of the families on my side and hubbys , think it is horror to receive cheap stuff......I don't I love the dollar store things.....Huh loz/

I live on bargains too.....Make my clothes and lots of decorations.

made my friend a turkey deco today..

Crafts are fun and educational.. Ps my rubber turkey was made by a lady in california.......Now I make one for someone else..LOL

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
dodge #243305 Nov 9th, 2008 at 03:55 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Oh yeah, I do it all within our means....I'm not going to put us in the black over presents. lol We don't use credit cards either, so no bills to pay there.

If it's a good deal, it's mine! thumbup I got Athena a few little craft kits from the Dollar Tree...not everything is pricey.

#243308 Nov 9th, 2008 at 04:15 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I love debt free. If I don't have the cash for it, I don't buy it. No mortgage, no credit card bills that aren't paid off every month. The only bills here are the monthly ongoing ones for utilities, dsl, phone, etc.
You are thinking forward in the right direction, Loz.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #243317 Nov 9th, 2008 at 04:48 PM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
We always live like that .....
No charging here.......
Save till we can afford the stuff then buy..

Credit cards are for the birds.. Some stuff we have to have a card to do, like Internet.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
Tina #243321 Nov 9th, 2008 at 05:47 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by jonni13
I love debt free. If I don't have the cash for it, I don't buy it. No mortgage, no credit card bills that aren't paid off every month. The only bills here are the monthly ongoing ones for utilities, dsl, phone, etc.
You are thinking forward in the right direction, Loz.

yep us too. No mortgage, no CC bills that are not paid off every month, etc. all here just same as you. And I have a Budget Book-where I keep track of the money coming in and the money going out.

I should of done that years and years ago. Oh well better late than never, I guess.

________

JunieGirl #243323 Nov 9th, 2008 at 06:00 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
We each have a debit card, like Barb said some things you need a card for. At least with a debit it comes right out of your own money. When we bought this house we could've got a more expensive home, but we wanted to go cheap so we'd have extra in case of a baby, or a job change(which happened, with a lower pay).

We always save money for big purchases....like Mark needs 4 new tires for his truck and they will cost a pretty penny, but he's been saving up the $$ for them.

I learned my lesson at an early age. :wink: And bills ALWAYS come first! thumbup

Last edited by loz; Nov 9th, 2008 at 06:00 PM.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,890
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image