Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I figured Maxi would know what he was doing. That was more a way to introduce Jonni's amusing soda cookies, Merme. I think she was around 10 and I thought she knew what she was doing. She obviously had more learning to do. She has had many successes since.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
When I was a kid, Tina, we all helped my mom with canning. One day she had me read aloud a recipe for corn relish. I said "2 cups salt". Later in the recipe it explained that you were supposed to soak the corn in the salt and then rinse it off! I didn't tell her the rinse part! I must have been around 8 to 10. lol

I laid down and took a huge power nap tonight. I actually took two! Now I feel much better than I have in a couple days.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Hadeda

OH!! Mark I love it---of course--- thumbup
I hope it does very well---

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Tina sounds really good - may add it to my Christmas goodies... and I have a food saver- no air left with that--- and if I can freeze in servings I won't be tempted to eat a whole cake at a time LOL!
I made spaghetti and garlic bread for dinner-- will work for kids lunch for tomorrow too- was off tomorrow but Carrie is working and off Wed instead... going to be a rush morning with the snow and it being cold ---
Well I am heading off to bed early tonight...can't get warm and getting under the covers sounds really good to me.
Nana

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good night, Nana. Sleep warm and well.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I just can't seem to get comfortable tonight wherever I sit. I don't want to be in bed yet, but I'm hating all the other options. So, I'm going to go stretch out in my room & turn the tv up a little so I can listen.

See ya all soon.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
RISE & SHINE! It's Cofee Time!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
morning, all.
I'm up, but not shining just yet.

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Allow me to pour you some more hot coffee, cricket. I just pressed a great pot!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hi Merme and Cricket,
went to sleep early so am up too- no coffee - just made a cup of hot choc though... have more if either of you would like-.... we have snow this morning and still coming down- at least 6 inches of it out there..looks like it is the wet kind too.. cold too ... all of 18* ...Joe is finishing up in the bathroom so I will be next... will have Nicoli early today... if she can make it out of her driveway to take kids to school and herself to work... Joe will take Joseph to school...so far they are just closing or late starting the mountain schools... no snow day for our boys..
Well off for my turn in the shower... weather guy just said it will be stopping soon and clearing up today.... still cold though.
Nana

[Linked Image]
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I am finally hungry this morning. I was rather nauseous on Sunday night and all day Monday, so I didn't eat. Now I am ready for food! So, I'm having leftover Johnny Marzetti. It is DELICIOUS!!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am up. Trying to shake off sleep still and heading for my second cup. I go to work today. That makes it a good day for me. I just have to wake up enough to enjoy it.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
what is Johnny Marzetti, a frozen dinner?
I'm hungry too, but nothing sounds good. some days it is so hard to choke down a bite in the mornings. I have to eat something though, cause I'll be heading off to work soon.
18 degrees does not sound like any kind of fun. it is in the 70's here this morning, but tomorrow morning will lower 30's.

Cricket

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by cricket
what is Johnny Marzetti, a frozen dinner?

yep I wanna know as well.

and Merme pass the coffee if there is any left--I have been up since 5 and I really need it. i am currently sitting in the hospital waiting for my MIL to finish with her colonoscopy.---I should of gone down and had breakfast---this sitting still when one is tired is not a good idea.

AND!!!___Good morning all!!!! breakfast

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I also can't eat first thing in the morning most of the time. But by mid morning I am starving sometimes. Still trying to wake up. Don't feel I have achieved that yet.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Oh and good luck with your mil today, Carol.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
I've toasted an onion bagle with butter and garlic on top. I think I can get it down.
yea, most mornings it's hard to get down even a peice of toast. but, then there are mornings I'll get up first thing and eat a huge portion of last nights supper. go figure?
well, have a good day all. I'm off to work.

Cricket

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by jonni13
Oh and good luck with your mil today, Carol.

Thanks Tina.

I too do not feel hungry in the Am=--I often eat anyway because I think I shoueld---but I really get hungry around noon. For 11 yrs my DH worked afternoons & I got used to a big meal at noon.---so now I never want to cook at night--and well of course I do---oh well one day I will adjust I am sure---

________

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Johnny Marzetti is a pasta dish that is heavy on hamburger and light on tomatoe sauce. Most often it is made with ziti noodles but you can also use elbow macaroni.

Breakfast is our most important meal around here. Can't imagine trying to have a good day without a big hot breakfast. So a day like yesterday was unusual for me! When Maxi was very small he would call to me in the morning "Wake up and cook, Mommy, wake up and cook!" lol

I've got a ton of paperwork to do today, so I'll see you all later.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

One of my favourite things about visiting America is the fantastic breakfasts you can get, I'm amazed that not many of you seem to eat in the mornings shock. Merme, I'm with you, a nice big hot breakfast to start the day. The best of all is pancakes with maple syrup - ooh yum. If I lived over there I'd probably never eat lunch, I'd be too stuffed with pancakes grin

btw what are ziti noodles, and elbow macaroni ?

Dawn
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I'm sorry, I should have phrased that differently.

Penne is a type of tublar pasta, the ends cut on the diagonal, and it most often has ridges down the sides although it can also be smooth. Some people call it ziti and others call it mostaccoli but those terms more specifically refer to the dishes the penne is used for.

Elbow macaroni is another tubular pasta but it is shaped into a half circle, resembling the shape of a bent elbow. Typically it is the pasta used for macaroni salad and mac 'n cheese.

I'm with you on the pancakes w/ maple syrup... but put some fried eggs alongside, please.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Good morning! wavy

I have never thought about our breakfasts compared to other countries. I like pancakes but couldn't eat them every day. I guess if you grow up with it then you don't think it is anything special, Benjismum. But...when you come here, fill up on breakfast food!!

I rarely eat breakfast. Weekday mornings it just seems that I don't have time. I usually eat some kind of breakfast on the weekend. I make a big breakfast most Sunday mornings and on Saturdays we usually have cinnamon rolls or something of the sort. Those are the only days I eat breakfast. why

Ziti noodles and elbow macaroni are different types of pasta.

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I'm not fond of overly sweet foods truth to tell. So I often will skip the syrup and use fruit on my pancakes.

We're nutty around here, Jessica, and will get up extra early during the week just so there is time to cook/eat a hot breakfast.

Our snow continues.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Tristen eats breakfast every morning. He has his choice between oatmeal, cereal, toast, breakfast sandwiches or whatever else we may have in the house at the time. I just don't allow enough time for myself to eat breakfast. why

It has quit snowing here now but we got about 6" last night.

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
It sounds like Tristan has the choices of a royal kingdom, Jess! Funny that you don't eat, though!

I was given a rather adorable picture of Maxi in my friends swimming pool taken this summer on his vacation to CT. He is lounging in one of those floating recliner's, a soft drink at the ready, sunglasses in place. Living the High Life. My printer/scanner isn't connected right now, or I would scan it and post it. I'm going to have to get that done soon so y'all can see this picture.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

500 Posts
500 Posts
Hooray!!!! This thread is above 100 posts gringringringrin

*Claims his above 100 posting spree again grin*

500 Posts
500 Posts
*Claims another post before afgreyparrot or another mod closes this thread*

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,885
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image