Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Well, I hope all of you are snug in your beds and having sweet dreams by now.

Safe away home, O my palies.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
500 Posts
500 Posts
Grrr.... It's boiling hot here... 93.2°F right now and it's just the beginning of summer rspb

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
It has been pouring rain since yesterday afternoon and still is. It's 64 degrees though.

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
good morning mark & Sheri---
I will take some of that warm weather-----perhaps blended with my cold it would even out.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
It is supposed to get to the 80's here today. Then we get cooler weather and rain over the weekend and into next week. Looking forward to that as we need every drop. Except the burned hilly areas and the slide thing.
I would much rather have slept in today even though I bedded me down early last night.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good Morning Tina--
you can share some of our high temps as well.....I'll take what I can get--- :wink:

I hope you get your rain that you want---without the mud slides, huh???

and yes I would of prefered to sleep longer as well--but once I got up to use the bathroom it was all over----- why oh well--that is why there is coffee, right??

________

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Good morning.

I've been up all night.

We're under a bit of ice today and much more is expected later.

I've been on an extended phone call since 7 AM... my ear is numb! lol

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
500 Posts
500 Posts
I predict geese/ducks aren't going to enjoy being fed bread in the future....

[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Merme
Good morning.

I've been up all night.

We're under a bit of ice today and much more is expected later.

I've been on an extended phone call since 7 AM... my ear is numb! lol

Merme

oh my Merme you must be exhausted--will you be able to take a nap today???

________

Originally Posted by jonni13
I have that hot/cold thing going sometimes. I call it menopause. But if that is the worst that nature tosses at me right now, I can deal with it. From my front porch (or the back) I have seen hundreds of coyotes, a few bobcats and mountain lions. Along with deer and raccoons and skunks and snakes. I never let my kids go out after dark unless there were plenty of people around. But I wouldn't change where I live for anything. I love the wildlife.

Wow that sounds amazing, if a bit scary. We love wildlife but don't get anything bigger than squirrels round here. I can't imagine getting mountain lions near my home nervous My kids bring home injured wild creatures every so often, so perhaps it is a good thing that we don't have skunks and bobcats here!!

Merme I hope you get a nap during the day, not sure what time it is there now, I can't quite figure out the time on this site, I think it is set to somewhere in America but not sure where

Dawn
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I have never felt like I or my kids were being 'stalked' by any of these animals. They come to rest in the shade and drink from a natural pond we keep going just for them, That is during the day and they don't stay long in one area. They also help with the overabundance of squirrels here that devastate gardens so they are welcome for their hunting skills.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Oh, and Banjismum, I love seeing you post in the coffee house. It is the closest thing we have going to a general chat and the way we really get to know our new friends and neighbors.
I am Tina (Jonni is my now 17 year old daughter), Mother of five ages 36 to 14 with the youngest being Ted who has down syndrome.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Oh man dear am I having the wierdest day!!

I'm STILL awake! I finally had the chance to lay down at 10 AM and then I got such terrible cramps in my foot and lower leg that I finally got back up without sleeping any.

So, I've been crocheting Maxi's slippers for Christmas. They are made of camoflage yarn and are just adorable! He will love them in his "movie night" popcorn bowl gift.

It is as slick as dickens out there; we've salted the porch & steps but tomorrow I will sand before I try walking on it.

Carol we don't get any mountain lions here but we do get Moose that walk into town.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
We live in a wooded area in the country so we too have a lot of wildlife. Deer, coyotes (which I hear howling every night), fox and all the typical small animals...squirrels, skunks, raccoons and the like. I threw some bread out for the birds last spring and I have on video a fox coming and getting each piece and taking it down into the woods. This went on until it had every last piece of bread. I wondered if it had babies down there. why The former owners of our house said that he spring before we moved in a fox had its babies under our deck. I think it is neat and enjoy getting to see all the wildlife on a daily basis!

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Man oh man, we are under ice!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
wavy we are wooded here too. but by choice. all the land around us is cleared. our little 5 acres is it. but we are "out in the country" so deer, fox, coyotes, raccoons, possum, and armadillos are all around.

merme, be careful on that ice. we don't want you falling.

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
I have never seen an Armadillo in person. I think they are pretty weird looking creatures. Very dinosaurish.

Yes Merme, do be careful. kissie I think Maxi will love those slippers.

As far as wildlife. Well I live in a small town, but we live in a very rural area and we get bears at times that come down into town off the county line.....deer too...there is a groundhog that lives under my neighbors shed....and a squirrel that I always see running up and down the fence. thumbup

Last summer a bear came down to the street below mine, my neighbor told me that her son in law said it was the biggest black bear he'd ever seen. shock Also last year there was a bear up an electric pole a few streets up. It made the papers. lol

Just got back from doing a jigsaw with Athena. We also did her homework and had some dessert. I was miffed though, Dad just bought her the jigsaw today and it was hardish and took us a while to do....well there was ONE piece missing out of it. That drives me nuts.

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Yes, I will be very careful when I must go out tomorrow. Maxi has already called me to tell me to do so! They are talking about closing the schools because of the amount of expected ice by morning.

These slippers I am making are working up very fast. I already have one done and the second nearly so. I may make a pair for his little brother as well and perhaps add a stripe to that pair so they know whose is which.

I never did sleep at all today or last night, so I am going down early tonight.

Tomorrow is a very busy day planned.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I hope you can sleep well tonight, Merme.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
yes, sleep well merme, and wake refreshed.

********closed********** a post early :wink:

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,885
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image