Rate Thread
#249020 Dec 13th, 2008 at 08:54 AM
Ditchy Offline OP
Digger
500 Posts
OP Offline
Digger
500 Posts
Went to the mail box today and there were two envelopes, one rather fat. Both from Texas.
I knew you folks were sweehearts, but angel blossom made my day. A lovely card Filled with packets of seeds. Oh how great! I cannot wait till spring. How did you know I was a humming bird freak Diane?? You truly made my day. And while I am here, A thanks you to Loz as well I thanked her for her lovely card last week on one of the Coffee houses, but I dont think she saw it.
One last thing, having worked in Surgery for many years I used to like the purple latex gloves, they are a bit tougher.. But wondering if Cindy or anyone will explain the one glove I recieved from AngelBlossom. I think its an Honor to recieve one if I am not mistaken, or maybe its an initiation!
LOL Anyway You are truly a sweetheart Diane, REally cheered me up.
Merry Christmas, Kim kissie

[Linked Image]
Ditchy #249021 Dec 13th, 2008 at 09:09 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
In the old forum our mailboxes had stricter limitations on them. When they became full, the purple glove was threatened, The purple glove is favored by protologists because they are a little tougher too. It is a running joke and, yes, both an honor and an initiation of sorts.
I am glad your day was brightened.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Ditchy #249023 Dec 13th, 2008 at 09:17 AM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
kim, in the old days on the forum, we had to be careful how much server space we used. and all of us sent quite a few pm's back then. so... we had a rule that one's pm box could not get over 100. and if your box hit 100, the sender of the next message would get a message that said "that person's pm box is full, please try your message another time!"

well, one of our hostesses, (not active now for health reasons) was a nurse, and she would tease another hostess, who's box was always full, about the "white glove test" to see if her box was cleaned out. well, it evolved from there, and cindy had some purple rubber gloves. she sent catlover one in a card (or maybe it was the other way around) and the purple glove joke was born.

then, diane happened to get a whole box of them, and every now and again, someone gets "gifted" with a purple glove. it is indeed an honor!

#249054 Dec 13th, 2008 at 10:48 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Yep They pretty Much 'splained it!!!!, When Someone's PM box was full,, Cindy would post a picture of the Purple glove on her hand and threaten a " Cleansing" of the worse kind,, notme lol lol

It goes way back to the old forum like Jiffy said, But it has became sorta an icon to the GardenHelper,, In a silly way meant for fun :wink:
here is a picture of when I went to KY to visit my sister and meet Cindy a few years ago ,, My sister and her DIL,, and another member all went to meet Cindy,, OF course we HAD to have our Purple gloves on!!!!! haha

[Linked Image]

I'm glad you got the seeds okay I wasn't sure how many stamps it would need so I loaded that envelope with stamps,,,, lol I knew you loved Hummingbirds from your posts in the Bird Forum,, :wink:

I'm so glad I brightened your day kissie ,, By doing so Brightened Mine,, thumbup
[Linked Image] ,,,,, We're so happy you're with us here at the Gardenhelper!!!!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Ditchy Offline OP
Digger
500 Posts
OP Offline
Digger
500 Posts
Awwww Angel.. You made me cry! kissie The kindness of total strangers is not to be believed!
Thankyou! luv

[Linked Image]
Ditchy #249260 Dec 14th, 2008 at 10:18 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Your Welcome kissie

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,893
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image