OP Offline
500 Posts
And another Coffeehouse begins... nooo

Hadeda Offline OP
500 Posts
OP Offline
500 Posts
Anyone home?

Hi Hadeda, I'm here, just finished helping my eldest with some maths revision for a test tomorrow, and need to have a bit of light relief now (maths was never my best subject!).

It looks like there is a limit on the number of posts for a coffeehouse? is this to prevent it getting too unwieldy?

Dawn
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
yes, it takes up a lot of bandwidth or memory or something. That means about 11 pages and we begin a new one. I have seen a lot of CH's zoom by in a single day and one last for a couple days depending on how chatty we are.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
we try to keep the post count under 100.
how is everyone tonight?

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Tough day; I'm exhausted.

I'm getting ready to press some coffee.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
hot coffee will do you some good merme.
I'm exhausted as well. it was a long hard cold disgusting day.
I have pork chops in the oven. I don't think I'm even gonna do any sides, unless I get the ambition to open up a can of something or another.

Cricket

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by cricket

how is everyone tonight?

Brrrrrrrrrr I'm cold,,,,,, It's 24 degrees right now and suppose to get to 13 tonight,,,,, shock with a wintery mix,, the morning drive to work will be interesting more thatn usual if we get the W/mix,
and it was 72 degrees on Saturday,, Go figure!! egad

Hi ya everyone.. wavy

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Originally Posted by Merme
Tough day; I'm exhausted.

I'm getting ready to press some coffee.

Merme
no coffee for me, but i'll be asleep before long. tough day for me too!

Digger
500 Posts
Digger
500 Posts
UGH Freezing here today, First yesterday it was almost 50. Most of the snow was gone, then it froze up in the morning and the wind was not to be believed, Snow blowing around, Icy roads.
IT is now 12 degrees. supposed to be in the single digits. At least the wind quit.
Tomorrow more snow. Followed by more snow after that. You get the picture. rspb

[Linked Image]
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
gosh. sounds like we all had a cold long hard day today!
I turned on the a/c last night at bedtime. dumb! a cold front came in and it never got out of the 40's today. I could have just opened a couple of windows.
and Diane will be sending me some of that freezing raining yuk she has going on. we already have some kind of winter freeze advisory!
well, the pork chops are taking their sweet time. they are no where near done for some odd reason. my son has made some french toast for everyone. what a little life saver when I need it most!

Cricket

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good for your son. I have had food that didn't want to cook. It messes with your mind and your stomach too.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
yea, I don't get it? the oven was preheated, there was warmth coming out....but an hour later they only looked slightly different than when they went in. but, boy they are done now and they taste wonderful. I took a little sample bite and will put them up once they're cool. tomorrow night all I have to do is throw together a couple of sides and well have a very nice meal. YUM! (I might even sneak one for breakfast)

Cricket

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
OH--Now I am hungry for Pork Chops----

Could your heating element be going out??/ I had to replace that in my oven at my other house 2 times--and this one here once already------I bought both stoves--although the first one was older when it began its funny stuff. The current one needed a new heating element very soon AFTER the warrenty went out--

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
I've wondered that very thing! most things cook just fine, but every once in a while it takes extreamly long to cook something. does that sound like the heating element? can it work sometimes and not other times? my oven is about 7 years old.

Cricket

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I think it is the food itself. But you can test your oven easily enough with an inexpensive thermometer that hangs on a rack. If it says the same as your setting does every time, the oven is good. Mine tests OK but the bottom of most things tend to burn before the tops have finished. Like biscuits for instance, blackened bottoms and doughy tops. That drives me nuts. I have to flip biscuits over halfway through and have biscuit with two 'bottoms'. But cookies just don't flip as well. I do cakes by adding a cold thick cookie sheet under them about halfway through the baking. That helps slow down that bottom burn thing. This oven has done this since it was new.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I guess it could be----I called a repair man out the first time it happened---I use my oven a lot---I re-worded my post before yours, as you will notice.---
One stove was about the age of yours give or take when it began to give me problems--and the second one was farily new when it began---So I am thinking age has not a lot to do with it---do you use your oven a lot???

if it happens again I would find myself an appliance repair man and just have him coume out & look because your oven is not working properly--let him decide what the issuie is.

The last time it cost me 70 some odd dollars to have it repaired, and while that is not cheap, it was cheaper than buying a new stove, right???

________

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by jonni13
I think it is the food itself. But you can test your oven easily enough with an inexpensive thermometer that hangs on a rack. If it says the same as your setting does every time, the oven is good. Mine tests OK but the bottom of most things tend to burn before the tops have finished. Like biscuits for instance, blackened bottoms and doughy tops. That drives me nuts. I have to flip biscuits over halfway through and have biscuit with two 'bottoms'. But cookies just don't flip as well. I do cakes by adding a cold thick cookie sheet under them about halfway through the baking. That helps slow down that bottom burn thing. This oven has done this since it was new.

yea my daughter's oven does thios as well tooo-and it i s new---I asked her to test it I even broguht over a oven thermeoeter like you suggested Cricket do--and they said well this stove is new & would not even check it---silly kids---(my cookies were raw in the middle, Sunday------and her turkey took an extra hour to cook on Thanksgiving---

________

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
I don't believe in repair men. Ha ha. I'll trouble shoot and google and then just buy a replacement part. It has been months since this happened the last time. so, I'm not too worried about it right now. maybe those chops were still a bit frozen inside? I don't know, but it was sure frustrating!
guys, I"m one tired duck! I have just a couple more things to do, then I'm heading off for bed.
stay warm, every one!

Cricket

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Sleep well, Cricket.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Digger
500 Posts
Digger
500 Posts
I dont have much to contribute. I am going to go and read some more of my Harry Potter, The Half Blood prince. Yup I am a HP freak even at the tender age of 50. :) I adore those stories. I cant wait till July till this one comes out in the movies. They are all so utterly charming, and while they have gotten a bit darker, the general message is the same, Good triumphing over evil!
Night ladies. Stay warm! luv

[Linked Image]
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Originally Posted by JunieGirl
Originally Posted by jonni13

yea my daughter's oven does thios as well tooo-and it i s new---I asked her to test it I even broguht over a oven thermeoeter like you suggested Cricket do--and they said well this stove is new & would not even check it---silly kids---(my cookies were raw in the middle, Sunday------and her turkey took an extra hour to cook on Thanksgiving---

Mine does the same thing!! I have to keep the rack towards the top so that things cook evenly. It is very frustrating! Even more so when you want to have more than one thing in the oven at one time.

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
WE will cricket---My DH turned up the thermostat & forgot to turn it down---so I am all toasty---

Sleep well my dear----

________

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I've been sitting on the loveseat crochetting, trying to recover from my bad day. I guess I am feeling better now. I'm hungry, though, so I may make some grits with cheese & garlic.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
That sounds like a warming dish. Merme. I began my day with a bowl of hot whole wheat cereal topped with half &half and a little brown sugar. It was cold this morning and hit my needs. But I would get very fat if I did that regularly.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
That dish does sound very warming Merme---

Tina--your breakfast sounds great too--I bet you were all warm and toasty after that breakfast. thumbup

________

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I can't stand to eat cold food for breakfast, Carol, or in the evening. I like hot stuff! lol

Grits are one of those remarkably versitile foods that you can do many things with. You can go sweet with apples, cinnamon & syrup; you can go with garlic and cheese; you can even add spices, refridgerate in a loaf pan until firm, then slice it up and pan fry it to go with eggs. Pretty cool stuff.

Many of the people I know are still without power. Most are making out okay anyway with generators, woodstoves, or doubling up with other families. But camping out inside your own home isn't nearly as fun as camping out in the wild!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Well, I am fairly sure I wouldn't want to be camping out in the wild in your neighborhood right now, Merme. I will stick to my own rustic inside my four walls.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hello all,
It's been a very long day here today too... so very cold... still cold- -6 right now... I just finished folding my laundry- got to remake my bed yet... sheets are in the dryer - don't usually put same ones back on but these will be nice and toasty... we have the fireplace going now... trying to keep the bills down a little...
In our county the school buses wouldn't start this morning- so only about half the bused kids got to school... they haven't said why yet but don't think I will be awake for the news... our Joseph will miss most of tomorrow anyway - he gets his braces off in the morning- Carrie and I are supposed to go finish up shopping after, going to grocery shop too for Christmas dinner,we are going to do ham... I need to bake some cookies too and make some banana bread...
got to have some goodies for Christmas,make some fudge too, really behind this yr in getting stuff done.
Well off to make my bed up and get in it and be warm.... warm sounds really good now.
Nana

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I bet warm does sound good, Nana. Sleep well.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
A warm bed is sounding mighty good to me about now. Another day starts tomorrow and looks like being a busy-ish one. John came up with a half dozen honey-do's for me.
Good night all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
No one up this early?

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
And Good morning all. It is 6 1/2 hours later and no one made fresh coffee. Well, it must be my turn then. I slept well and warm but it is cold out there. I need to scrape some frost off of my car windows this morning.

Last edited by jonni13; Dec 16th, 2008 at 05:43 AM.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Good morning, all ~

It is very overcast today so more wet weather is due.

My girl is here and we are going to make up a bunch of pancakes to freeze. That will make taking out the big electric griddle worthwhile. It will be nice to have them on hand.

I'm a sleepyhead this morning but I have three appointments today, so I have to get on it.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
A big batch of pancakes in the freezer sounds good, Merme. We have more rain and snow today in the forecast but not anything like Sunday night's through yesterday's. So I will be toting my kids off to school today and running some errands. Black ice on the roads at slightly higher elevations than I am at and I am heading downhill so it should be good here.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Morning.... have some hot tea brewing for the non coffee drinkers too- or hot choc if you prefer... we are at 0* right now and it is still to dark to see if there are clouds - think there are though cause I can't see stars... Joe will do our kid toting today and maybe even take Carrie and Joseph to dentist office if it's really icy...he's getting his braces off and really happy about it- 3 yrs of wearing them or retainers he's had.
We are going shopping after that and hopfully that will finish up that... I want to try and bake cookies and breads later this week... and that will be it for our holiday goodies... kids all want ham this yr and so does hubby... so will get that today too ....
Well off to wake up my hubby - sure glad we have a garage cause we don't have to scrape windows that way or shovel out the Tahoe... really glad we bought that too- 4 wheel drive makes a big difference in this weather....
Nana

[Linked Image]
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Oh that is good news for Joseph, Nana! A real Red Letter day to get his braces off!

You are busy as always, it seems.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Hadeda Offline OP
500 Posts
OP Offline
500 Posts
Hooray!!! grin

My Amaryllis has seeded grin
//www.agardenersforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=249674#Post249674

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
good morning! cold and nasty and wet here too. can I call into work 'not in the mood'? it looks like we will have a short day today. maybe I can do a bit of Christmas shopping. we haven't even started any yet!

Cricket

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
You could call into work "Bah Humbug", Cricket. But then, would you have the money to do that Christmas shopping?
John wants me to shop for the kids today. Well I may or may not. I just cannot think of a thing. And they are no help with ideas within the budget.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,885
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image