Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

Last edited by afgreyparrot; Dec 22nd, 2008 at 08:34 PM.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
neenee

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I cannot keep up--Merme did you open this Coffeehouse???

Kim: MY DH says if I give him some ideas I will get something--if not--well there might well be nothing under the tree for me--well I just do not know what to say---I want an Oak side table for the living room, but I do not think there is money in the budget for that right now. I might just tell him I want a good pair of shoes.--That would be much more sensible, right??? why

but jewelry would fit into a stocking right???

merme: that sounds so yummy---lucky you!!! clap

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
breakfast

Merme *jumping 'n jiving*

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
carol, would you trust hubby to pick out a pair of shoes for you????

Cricket

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I don't see why she COULDN'T trust her husband to pick out shoes, Cricket! Either of my EX's would have done that task well.

What about shoes under the tree AND jewelry in the stocking, Carol? lol

Maxi went shopping for me with his counselor the other night. He is very excited. I can only imagine.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Yes, I did open this coffeehouse, Carol, because Jiffy closed the last one at 99 posts for us.

I hadn't realized we were so far along.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
I would trust mine. Mark is surprisingly good at picking out my clothes for Christmas, and stuff. One year he bought me 3 bras. Well he went around to the women asking them if they thought his wife would like them. haha lol I guess when you've been together a while they just know you and know what you'd wear or what you wouldn't.

Got Athena in bed.....had an orange a bit ago, now I'm working on the remains of my Snyders British Style salt and vinegar chips. YUM. When I was little in England I used to sneak drinks of vinegar out of the bottle. Gross eh? lol

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
VINEGAR?! yikes Lozzie!

oh wow, how did you ever do that?

lol

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Well now Merme that works for me, merme (getting both items)

About Rod picking out shoes for me----I might trust his taste, but I would need to try them on for a good fit. Luckily we are going to s shoe store tomorrow---Rod has very wide feet and needs to go to a special store for his work boots---I just might get lucky there???

I loved getting giftd from the kids when they were younger----I think they were more excited than i was----THAT is the best part of getting a gift---the joy of the giver--esp if they are a child---

and oh yes--of course I love getting gifts from the kids now--it is just that little ones are such fun---- thumbup

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
With my last two kids it is all about mustard. Ted brings me the mustard container and I have to squeeze him a mouthful. He gets a container in his stocking.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Carol, when I was a teenager, my young neice went Christmas shopping for me. The clerk asked her if I was "big", not "old" and she said "oh yes!" because I was chubby. So the clerk told her I would love potholders thinking I was an adult! lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Mustard, Tina?

Nope, not me. I like it in recipes but I wouldn't care for it plain.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
haha Oh Merme--those are the memories to cherish----that is soo cute---- grin

________

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
I LOVE Vinegar!!!! When we have "chips" I douse them in malt vinegar. YUMMY...and I love potato chips with vinegar. Mark just said, do you want me to cut the bag open so you can lick it clean. lol

As far as getting gifts from the kids...I can't WAIT to see what Athena bought me at Santa's Secret Workshop at school. She said I had to open it first and that I'd jump up and down. So I'd better act appropriately excited huh? lol I'm glad she gave me that warning of how enthused I would be. :wink:

Merme, it's really nice that you got that package with the Amish foods in it. We have a lot of Mennonites around here that are similar to Amish in almost every way and they make lots of things like that to sell. Always very good.

Shoes ARE tricky Carol. I take a 9 in most things...but sneakers, which I rarely ever wear, I take a 9 1/2.....and dress shoes and boots I usually take a 9 1/2 or 10.....My sister and niece wear the same size as me so we can all swap shoes if we have to. lol

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
And I bet you did love those potholders, Merme. I have gotten my share of odd gifts from my kids and loved them.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
Originally Posted by JunieGirl
I loved getting giftd from the kids when they were younger----I think they were more excited than i was----THAT is the best part of getting a gift---the joy of the giver--esp if they are a child---

and the little ones really do 'give from the heart'. thumbup
it's something some adults loose with age.

Cricket

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
That is true Cricket.....Athena was so excited when she brought her little pile of presents home from school. She had $30 to buy things for 7 of us and most things are $2 and under.....

One year my nephew got me a big rubber fly. I said, Cory I love it---but how come you got me a fly since I'm a girl? (He was 5 and I was really curious as to why he'd pick it out for me)....well he replied, it was the coolest thing in the entire store.....and so I wanted you to have it. So since it was cool to him I guess he honored me with buying it for me. lol We get a good laugh out of it now he's 18.....the next year he bought me a snake..... lol

I love Honey Mustard.....love it. But yellow mustard I'll only eat on hotdogs and bologna sandwiches. Dad gets English Colemans mustard and that stuff is SO hot it will clear your sinuses....or so they tell me--I won't eat the stuff.

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
The girls got to go to a "Christmas Store" at their school when they were small--I have some of the mostr precious gifts from that time-----

and I think it is good for the kids to be able to do their own shopping and also to be taught the joy and art of giving---

________

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Oh I love that big, rubber fly story, loz! I bet he does chuckle about it now to remember.

One year one of my neices complained that ALL of her presents were too tiny! We always spent the same amount on all the kids, but it just so turned out that hers were all in little packages. She whined about it a good bit, as I recall.

So, the next Christmas we got her good.

EVERYTHING she got was an over-sized something... a gigantic sneaker that was actually a gym bag, a huge footprint rug, etc. And my sister Ro and I sewed a 7 ft tall Teddy Bear which Ro made overalls and a flannel shirt for. I'm the one who borrowed my mom's big car and went to the mattress factory to buy bags and bags of shredded foam rubber. I was so nervous on the highway coming home with her car filled with the stuff... if there was an accident, oh man!

So we left the Teddy Bear upstairs and only had small gifts for her under the tree. When everyone was done opening and she was clearly wondering where her big present was, I said "OH! just a second! Suzie, I forgot!" and ran upstairs. My brother in law knew what I was getting so he put the video camera on her face.

Boy oh boy was she ever surprised!

That bear was so big my sister put it in the family room and 5 people could lay on it.

Suzie never complained about her gifts again! haha

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

10k Posts
10k Posts
Originally Posted by jonni13
With my last two kids it is all about mustard. Ted brings me the mustard container and I have to squeeze him a mouthful. He gets a container in his stocking.
I WANT A MUSTARD SANDWICH! boohoo

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
I went to that Christmas store at school when I was little....heaven knows what I brought home. I think I got mom a pretty dove ornament one year. Can't really remember though.

Oh Merme, that is hilarious...... haha I bet the look on her face was just priceless. thumbup

My dad has a small pile this year, at least compared to the others....but I bought him at least 12 DVD's and 10 books....oh and I got him a new MP3 player.....his old one was full, but this is good timing because he can't find his old one at all. thumbup I got him a few other things too, but no clothes...he has too many as it is.

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Hi Bill.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
note to self: send Bill mustard.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I wish Afgrey were here to share some Jim Beam & Pepsi with me.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
I'll share the Pepsi and since I've decided to drink and smoke in my old age I'll take the Beam too. Got a smoke?

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
My cocktail tonight will involve nyquil. I have a cold with all of the aches and pains that attend a good cold.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
nyquil doesn't work for me. It keeps me awake.

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Smoke 'em while we got 'em, Sheri.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Originally Posted by cricket
carol, would you trust hubby to pick out a pair of shoes for you????

Johnny tries but he and I don't have the same taste. His daughter is very butch and he buys me stuff that she would like. Wide chains, boxy shirts, and stuff like that. At first I didn't say anything but after a long time and a lot of money spent for things I won't wear I spoke up and he's stopped buying stuff unless I pick it out. You know he bought this house without me and I hate it.

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
It's pretty cold here tonight but not frigid. Even so, it feels like a hot drink night, so I'm going to press some coffee. I have a lb. of Dunkin Donuts grinds and it makes a yummy pot.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Bestofour
nyquil doesn't work for me. It keeps me awake.

Oh, I am sorry. It does nice things for me. Just about all of the advertised things it says it does. But for 4 hours at a time. And I am afraid to take more in the middle of the night because I have to have my wits somewhere within reach during the daytimes.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
there are a few things that are supposed to cause sleep that work backward on me. When I have a cough and cold I take something called Cold Pills. I get the store brand and they work like a charm. Ultram also works for me. Love that stuff.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Yes, I understand. I cannot take a contact capsule. They keep me up (way up) for about 48 hours. I am afraid to try most cold remedies because of that kind of experience. They finally started putting "may cause hyperactivity in some children" on the warnings of cold meds. I and my older son are some of those children. But back in the 60's and 70's there were no such warnings.
And I am very glad that nyquil (and wannabes) don't affect me that way.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Nyquil always worked for me, but Dayquil didn't help at all.

Now I can't take hardly anything OTC.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Sheri, I didn't know you smoke---learn something knew everyday I guess. thumbup I got 'em, and I'm smoking 'em. lol

I don't take anything OTC.....I'm weird like that. If I have a cold I just suffer and take a ton of Vitamin C drops.

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I gotta motivate and put the water on for the coffee. I keep thinking about it but am not moving! lol

Merme *in a daze*

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Snap out of it Merme. lol

Well, Mark is knocking on the floor----that's his secret signal. :wink: lol And no, you gutterbrained people...not for that....just his "are you coming up signal". lol

Night! wavy

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Loz you have a pm.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Got it, answered it--now you have one back! lol

And I'm still here, might smoke one more good night cig. It's interesting here tonight.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,900
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image