Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
And I am going to go hug my bottle (nyquil) and settle in for the night. Well as soon as I stoke up the wood burners. We are to get frosts again tonight. Jonni's big snowman lost his head today but we still have snow on the ground. That really is quite fun for us.
Good night all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Good night, Tina. Stay warm.

I finally made the coffee so now I'm going to sit on the loveseat with it.

See you all tomorrow.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
GOOD MORNING EVERYBODY!

There's coffee, hot chocolate and yummy tea for all, so wake up you sleepyheads and come play! We got a couple of tons of snow on the ground -- anybody want a snowball fight? We could join the kids building snow forts and snow men... I have plenty of extra mittens kept right by the front door.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Good Morning Merme! I'd love to stay and Play But this is a busy morning for me,,,,, I have to leave soon to the Post office,, Last minute everything this week-end,, egad
See Ya later,,,, wavy

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Hi Diane! Bye Diane!

Dang, did y'all see Diane go whoooosing by so fast?!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Digger
500 Posts
Digger
500 Posts
Morning.. Well its 11 degrees, but its not snowing and the sun is coming out.
Something to be thankful for. I am off to bundle up and go rake the roof. Too much snow on it. Get ice jams cause it melts underneath from the heat escaping from the roof.. BAd insulation.
Then fill up the bird feeders . poor babies they are going through it like crazy. Then clean the house, Scrape some more of the driveway. Its pretty clear but I hate to get it packed down snow, then it gets icy when it warms. Maybe I might put up the tree in the basement. Not that anyone will notice, but my old kitty,, Punkin, is 16 now, she loves to sleep under it on the fluffy tree skirt. It might be her last Chrsitmas. Hubby wont be around anyway. Yeah I am still mad about that. But I am fine with it..
His relatives are more inportant. You would think that after 5 years of going away for Christmas he would stay home, even after I asked him.. WEll Never again.
Will probably go see how my poor neglected horse is, Too cold to ride, but he could use some loving. and I need some Equine Therapy.
Barn owner where I keep him takes wonderful care of the horses so I dont worry, but still. And I have a few little gifts for the Barn owner as well Have a nice day ladies. :ding: Kim

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
No snowball fights for me. I am bundled up in a blanket until my house warms up. And I keep tucking my hands under when I am not typing or wrapping them around my first cup. Everyone slept well and let the fires burn a little low last night.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
500 Posts
500 Posts
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

500 Posts
500 Posts
It's sooo hot here [Linked Image]

Just wish it would cool down a bit

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
You may make some people jealous with your heat, Mark. But not I. I don't like it too hot either.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Mark, have you ever been in an area with snow?

Kim, I hope you have a good day in all your doings!

Tina, warm up! Have some more coffee on me and get those fires stoked.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

500 Posts
500 Posts
Originally Posted by jonni13
You may make some people jealous with your heat, Mark. But not I. I don't like it too hot either.

They are more than welcome to take most of it grin It's 92 here rspb

500 Posts
500 Posts
Originally Posted by Merme
Mark, have you ever been in an area with snow?
Merme

I have grin and I loved it, even threw a few snowballs neener

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I think of you having Christmas without snow, Mark, and it is hard to get my head around that. We spent one year in Miami and didn't have snow for Christmas there, either, of course, but still... so many of the carols and motifs of the holiday center around the weather. When you have 90 + temps, how do you sing about a Winter Wonderland and bleak Decembers? lol

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts

Tina, warm up! Have some more coffee on me and get those fires stoked.

Merme

Fires were first things done this morning, Merme. And I have a load in the dryer to help too. John is usually up in the night and tosses in logs but I think he slept well last night. That is good too.
Today is cobweb day. I am getting out my vaccum and getting to some of those spiders and their decorations.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I'm still waiting for Maxi to get here and then I'll put something in the oven. That'll take the nip out of the air.

We are at 7 degress F, with a wind chill factor of -8, so every little touch of extra warmth helps. I just get concerned when the house creaks with cold.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I believe Santa heads for points south for a vacation directly after Christmas. I have cards from New Zealand with him basking on a beach, bbq going in the back ground. That sounds good to me too.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I am going to have some kielbasa on a Kaiser roll and corn salsa. I'm hungry and don't want breakfast food yet.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I have some hot wheat cereal that I am about to cook up. I have been folding laundry and digging things out that were put away clean but need refreshing.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Hot cereal sounds yummy, Tina. I wish I had some laundry that needed done because it would be nice to have the dryer running!

I've finished all my crochet projects but I'm wishing I was working on a blanket so I'd have a reason to snuggle down on the loveseat under a warm yarn heap.

Tina I've been seeing those steam dryers advertized. They sound so handy for freshening up things but I bet they are $$$$.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
They are plowing us out. I always like to watch!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
morning, every one!

we had salami, eggs, and toast for breakfast. it was good.

the kids are watching cartoons. I may get to work on their crochet blankets a bit while they are not paying attention.

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Hi Cricket!

When Maxi was younger, I used to make things right under his nose and he never noticed. lol

You see, every autumn when I would pull out my knitting basket, he would want me to stitch up something really quick for him. So I would, and hand it right over. After that, he never paid attention to what was coming out of that basket! He still doesn't.

Good thing, huh?

Merme

Last edited by Merme; Dec 20th, 2008 at 10:09 AM.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
that is very convienent for you merme! ha ha
my kids seem mezmerized about crochetting. they always want to see what it is, who its for, how big will it be.

Cricket

Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
wavy good morning/afternoon. i'm trying to motivate. i was reading the conversation on what makes one sleepy, and i think i've developed a reverse reaction to one of my meds. i'm going to take some during the day today or tomorrow and see.

but, i didn't sleep for squat last night. after i took my meds rspb i was still mostly awake at 4:45 am shock

but, i'm here and in a not bad mood, so that's good, right? lol

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Maxi knows how to crochet, so he isn't right on top of me while I'm doing it. If he asks questions, I give him vague answers if he is getting too, too nosy! Or I'll switch to a different project during the hours he is awake. Gee, I've done lots of things over the years when that kid is sleeping! lol

I let my coffee get too cold before I drank it all, so I'm going to make some fresh. It is too chill and snowy here to not have a cup of something hot!

Today I am thinking hard. I want to make slippers for two of the girl techs who work with me at dialysis. They are very special to me in ways the other girls are not. Yet I'm concerned if I give slippers to only two of them, the others might be hurt.

Dunno what to do!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Good to see you, Jiffy! I'm sorry you had a rough night. I hate when that happens, too, and I know you need your rest.

A good mood is a blessing, though.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

500 Posts
500 Posts
I think of you having Christmas without snow, Mark, and it is hard to get my head around that. We spent one year in Miami and didn't have snow for Christmas there, either, of course, but still... so many of the carols and motifs of the holiday center around the weather. When you have 90 + temps, how do you sing about a Winter Wonderland and bleak Decembers? lol

Merme

and vice versa...

I guess we just leave out all the "winterish" words here haha

Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
wavy hi all.

yes, merme, i feel for you when you say you have those nights. the good news out of last night (and maybe why i'm in a good mood why ) is that i think i've isolated the culprit. or at least narrowed it down. i took a med last night i haven't been taking all week (and i've slept like a rock all week) so i'm guessing that was it. i'll take some during the day sometime this weekend to find out.

Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
oh, and mark, i'm with you on the warmth at christmas. i've never had a white christmas, and only had snow on christmas (just flurries, thank goodness) one time in my whole life. for which i'm grateful. i just wish the US celebrated the diversity in our christmases instead of trying to make the whole shebang about snow uhuhh snow is beautiful, but i'll take the 70's + that we've had this week instead lol

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Originally Posted by Jiffymouse
snow is beautiful, but i'll take the 70's + that we've had this week instead lol

Jiffy! That sounds like heresy to my northern ears! haha

I can't bear to think of a Christmas without snow... lots and lots of the stuff everywhere.

We got a foot of it last night and this morning and happily, it is still coming down. A bigger storm is expected on Sunday-Monday.

So you know it is gonna be Bee-u-ti-fullll by the end of the week.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
I was just saying to my husband last night how strange it would be to live in Australia and have Christmas in the summer. That would be the weirdest thing to me.....and I couldn't imagine it being hot on Christmas day, or even too warm. But it's all just dependent on where you have grown up I guess.

My stomach isn't too great today---I'm here though.

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
I'm with you jiffy. I don't mind wearing shorts on Christmas! last year or the year before, I can't remember...we visited a Christmas display thingy with lights and music ect. It was 30 degrees that evening and the wind was blowing like crazy. it was miserable for all of us. we did one mad dash looking at everything from under our hats and loaded back up in the truck. worst of all guess whos idea it was to drag everyone out???? ME! he he. I can live without the white christmas, that is for sure.

Cricket

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
I wish we had a bunch of snow....would make it feel more Christmasy right about now. We won't have a white Christmas this year.

Cricket and Jiffy I'm sure I could manage with some warmth at Christmas too, at least I'd like to try it. Just imagine barbequing your Christmas dinner on the beach like they do in Australia, sounds great to me. Snow is very pretty, but it's cold, wet and slippy too!!

Dawn
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I had snow this week. I would like a warm Christmas. But it looks to be a rainy one coming. That will disappoint all of the California kids who are getting new bikes and skateboards.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Hi loz. I'm sorry your tummy is out of whack. You have a pm, by the way.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Merme, The kind of dust I live in, if something isn't bagged in plastic and sits for a while even in drawers, it gets a good layers of dust on it that needs a full wash. The stacked items get a very visible layer of dust on the edges of the things below the top item. Those steamers don't even sound interesting to me. Another thing to add 'stick' to the dust.
Some of the things I am washing today were brand new at one time with tags still attached. I bought them before our last trip to New Zealand and never even took them. That was in 2002. A long time to gather dust. But I am trying to organize just a little at a time. Not all items are that old but all need a wash.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I wouldn't be able to cope with that much dust, Tina. Not to mention what it would do to Maxi's allergies! We have a rough enough go of it when there is construction in the area.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
We all have mild allergic reactions to the dust at times, Merme. Mostly a sneeze or two. But not anything like the asthma that my oldest son had his first 3-4 years back east. I haven't a clue what the difference is. It may have more to do with humidity and dust mites than just pure dust. I just don't know. But for some reason the desert dust just doesn't carry the same kick. And a good thing too because unless you live hermetically sealed, you can't live without it.
I am gathering and cleaning clothes for the community center. I love the way they deal with needs. If we have it and you can use it, it is yours. No cash required. It is a state funded place and I hope it doesn't get denuded in the budget cuts.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,886
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image