Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
NEW DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was Marks moms best friends dog but she travels so much that she didn't want to keep him anymore since it wasn't fair to him.

He's 2 years old and his name is Bubba! lol Such a good, well trained mini Schnauzer. grin

I'm so excited! Mark told me he wanted me to help him get stuff out of the truck earlier and when I came over Bubba was there on his lap in the truck! clap

I :ding: him already.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Oh, he is beautiful, Loz.
Bubba is a perfect name for him in 'our' forum family.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Hey, he has webkinz chew toys!?!!

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
He is the most gentle, well behaved doggy.....He can shake hands and sit and is trained to go outside. thumbup

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Originally Posted by jonni13

Would that be safe to give him? I have the schnauzer.....he has a box of toys here...lots of little stuffed animals and such.....I'm in shock. lol

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Dog toys are usually different from people toys. They are made safer. If he needs something, tie an old sock into a knot and give it to him.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am so thrilled for you, Loz. I really think this will be the best medicine for what ails you (after your real meds) because it will give you a reason to get out of bed everyday. A joyous reason. And that he is young enough to blend into your family but old enough to be housebroken is an awesome bonus.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
thumbup They really aren't the best pictures of him, he doesn't look so friendly in the bottom picture--probably the flash was blinding him.

Most schnauzers I've been around have been really good dogs. And yes, this will be GREAT medicine! clap

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
So when you are tired of playing with him, tell us what else he came with besides a box of toys. A complete wardrobe? Snowboarding gear? Costumes for each holiday including red, white and blue for the 4th?

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
lol All of his paperwork, vet papers, food, snacks, his blankets and bed.....clothes might come later, but Mark would hate that. lol

500 Posts
500 Posts
Congratulations!!!!! I am sure that you will have a great time and very wonderful relationship with Bubba ( my cats name ). I had a Black Schnauzer that I lost to cancer 2 years ago. Her name was Anubus. And I have a friend who raised them for years. They really are a very smart breed of Dog and have so much love to give. They usually are very talkative also.
Once again Congats to BOTH of you!

My next house will have no kitchen - just vending machines and a large trash can.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Dogs get cold. Get him some hunting gear in camo. Mark might like that better.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by loz
Originally Posted by jonni13

Would that be safe to give him? I have the schnauzer.....he has a box of toys here...lots of little stuffed animals and such.....I'm in shock. lol

you can probably take your lead from His current toys----but just like a child--nothing hard or small that he might get chocked on---

FYI" pets mart has toys made esp for dogs----my 'grand puppy' has several--most of which are here.

and Loz????...............

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
He is the most mellow dog in the world..... lol He doesn't talk at all....unless Mark really gets him worked up. I'm sorry you lost yours to cancer Memosa, we lost our childhood dog to cancer.

I have a $25 Walmart card that will probably go to buying some new goodies for my new dog baby. lol

Here are a few new pictures....and thank you Carol. kissie And Tina--mark gave a thumbup to camo clothes. lol

Doggy in toys
[Linked Image]

Athena and the doggy
[Linked Image]

He doesn't leave Marks boots....he lays right on the floor with him. I need to work on getting him to like me as much too. lol

[Linked Image]

Aww look at your new doggie. I am going to call him stubby.

Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
loz, i am so happy for you! and yes, you need to get him some hunting clothes. walmart has them. and mark will get over it that way :wink: he does need clothing. my dogs have clothing.

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Ha ha ha, my best friend gamingaddict has a cat that should be named stubby. It has a stub for a tail. lol

Thanks Jiffy, can you believe it? shock

I can't believe your dogs have clothes, I never knew that!

Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Very cute addition to your family loz!
I'm sure he will keep you busy and happy for a long time to come!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I can't wait to hear Bubba stories. Bubba goes for a walk. Bubba won't sleep in his own bed. Bubba is getting fat. Bubba fell in the pond (oh, sorry. That is Cindy).

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Bubba wouldn't sleep downstairs...... lol I had to bring his bed upstairs into the hallway.......even now I can hear him sat outside our door---but I really don't wants him in my room to sleep. Hope each night is easier on him than tonight. Although he's not crying or anything, and I just took him out for a last pee call. lol

I keep seeing his little face and it keeps shocking me all over again---that I have a doggy. clap

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am thrilled for you. Loz. The thing with Mark may be that he was the one that took him from home and Bubba is waiting for him to take him back. He will get over it.
Does he have a special diet? Is he picky? Or is he an eat anything dog?

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Ahhhh, you are smart. I wouldn't have thought of that. Of course that could be it......rose, his previous owner, called tonight to see how he was doing. She said she was so happy that we were able to have him because she knew he'd be loved and taken care of.

Marks been around Bubba a LOT.....so he practically lays on Marks feet. He wants to be with Mark 24/7. Being such a good tracking dog he KNOWS that Mark is in here, and he can't get to him.

I don't think he's too picky. His food is left out in the bowl and she said he usually just eats in the evening......She gave me a ton of his food and snacks and stuff.

He really loved the Schnauzer webkinz. I kept saying, look---it's you. lol

Mom had a good point earlier. She said that Bubba belonged here because he looks like Mark. Like he has a mustache. lol I guess dogs do tend to look like their owners right?

How many foster dogs do you have right now Tina? Ever have a Schnauzer?

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OMG LOZ I'm so excited for you!!!!!! clap Mark was awesome in the way he presented 'Bubba to you! and the hard work is already done,, housetrained,, sit stay etc,, Nothing left to do now But play and get lots of love'n ,, Loz after a little while you'll not be able to imagine not having him in your life :ding: He looks very sweet and loveable! Congrats my Friend clap clap

you might want to get a closet ready to call his own with doggy clothes, lol lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Critter Keeper
5k Posts
Critter Keeper
5k Posts
LOz congrats on Bubba he looks like a great dog. I wanted to get Ernie and Army coat but couldn't find one big enough for him. I did get him a coat like the girls so now he is happy . Bubba will need an down filled coat because of your cold temps there and maybe some boots also to protect his feet from the snow and ice on the ground. He would look good in Oak camouflage.

[Linked Image]
Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says Keep it organic.

GOD BLESS THE U.S.A. Pray for our Troops!

Jimmy's Blog
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I have never owned or cared for a schnauz. My foster dogs are being cared for by a family member right now. I know it is because the owners feel I am too busy with John being ill but they were a solace to me too. I told them I may be dog-napping them to play with once in a while. I do see them once or twice a week.
Having a dog who is not a picky eater nor a pig is a good thing. I keep dry food out for my dog 24/7. He eats when he wants and loves snacks. You can't even spell s-n-a-c-k in front of him or you had better be ready to back it up.
I really want to hear how he is assimilating into your family and routine. I am very happy for you. Almost as excited as you are.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Thanks Diane and Jimmy. :ding: I still can't believe he's ours---forever, to keep. lol idea Down jacket and boots......hmmmmmmmmmm. grin :wink: clap

You know I got up when Mark did this morning to make sure he didn't forget to take Bubba outside.....then I got up and had a cig...then I had to play with him, now he's in his bed----in our room. lol lol I couldn't stand leaving him out of the room in a strange house this morning....

Tina, I'm glad you get to see the doggys. thumbup What kind of dog do you have? And I can tell you're excited for me---thank you. kissie

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
That Bubba is moving closer and closer to sleeping in your bed, Loz. I can see it now.
My dog is a very short haired mutt. I really haven't a clue of the breed except a terrier mix of some sort. About knee high and 30 pounds. Black Butt is all snow white except a black spot on his side and the one that gave him his name. He was abandoned at the high school where John taught about nine years ago. He loves kids. And we love him. Our only pet.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
That's right! Black Butt! I wish we could see pictures of him. He sounds really cute and lovable. thumbup

lol I doubt he gets in my bed.....but he might have a permanent place in my room at night. lol

Here's a Bubba in a blanket! grin I have him all wrapped up and snuggly and he's liking it....he's nodding off now....

[Linked Image]

His tail is docked and it's so funny watching him wag his stump. lol

Soon I'll be figuring out bathing options so he can be nice and fresh and clean and I tried brushing him last night. He didn't mind a bit. That beard of his gets sort of mangy pretty fast.

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Loz, here is a few photo's of MY puppies---I put photo's of Emily's puppies because they are "visiting" here this weekend......

here is Dante---Our Australina Shepard Mix--he will be 11 this next year.

[Linked Image]

Below here is Beowulf--he is from Mexico I believe, or at very least California
he is one of Emily & Chris's "puppies" he is going to be 3 this next year
[Linked Image]

lastly here is Faith--she is the newest member to Emily's house hold.

She is 7 and until this last fall has lived her entire life at the No-Kill shelter that Emily used to work at.
[Linked Image]

________

Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Carol - your dogs are all very pretty/handsome. I haven't been around dogs much since the one Don cared for while we were in Alaska, but yours look very nice and friendly. Faith has beautiful fur, and Dante looks like he would get along with my calico sister cats. Beowulf looks like he'd come from Mexico - a very different looking doggie.

Loz - Bubba is going to be the center of your attention for a long time to come now. Enjoy it.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Congratulations Loz!!! You thought Mark would never give in but he came through. lol

Bubba is a cute puppy! Can't wait to hear stories! You will love having a dog.

I have clothes for my dog. I don't dress her up all the time or anything. I just put them on her when she is going to be outside for more than a minute or two. She gets too cold otherwise. The first collar I had for Libby was pink and James wasn't having that so I got her a camo one. lol She has a camo coat too. I compromised...he thought I was crazy to buy her sweaters and coats...I didn't buy pink so he didn't say too much. lol Now he puts them on her all the time though. I think he finally realized how cold she actually gets.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Black Butt. Do not pay attention to the man behind the curtains or the mess. That is our deck and always chock full of family stuff going on.
[Linked Image]

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
neenee i was going to put the neener and say i've already seen a pic (accidental though it was) of black butt, but tina beat me by putting this here.

bb is a cute dog too. and i love the fencing around your wood burner.

loz, you and mark will be so good with bubba. and he will quickly learn that you are the one he wants to suck up to. just give him about a week!

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Thanks Lynne and Jess. He's so mellow---I'd forget he's here except he's been laying on my feet all day. lol

Carol, how great of Emily to get Faith.....and Dante is very handsome.....and I like Beowulf the Mexican doggy too. clap

And Tina, BB is a nice looking dog too--no wonder he's named black butt. lol

3k Posts
3k Posts
Loz, How lucky can you be? I love your new puppy.
I love all these doggy pics too!!!!!!!!

[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
yes--it is such fun to share pictures of our puppies clap

but then I LOVE to see pictures...but these are so C-u-t-e..!!!!

________

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Can anyone stand one more? Of Mark with the "baby"..... lol He's so totally into the belly rubbing. lol

[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I was just looking for this thread to ask for an update on how the settling in is going. And you posted. Cool. Most dogs love a belly rub. Ubless you get a really defensive one.
How is it going. Is he still stuck on Mark or is he beginning to realize you are pretty cool too?

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
When Marks not around he sticks to me like glue.....but today Mark is here and he's sleeping right on the floor next to the loveseat. Don't tell Mark I posted this. Ha ha ha.

[Linked Image]

I don't mind, I know it will be a bit before he really gets used to me good. He loves his new little toy I bought him at Walmart today...and we got him a little bed to lay on down here and a 2 new bowls.

He's the least defensive dog I know. He doesn't even bark at the neighbors dogs....and I can touch his food and he doesn't care.....he's the perfect dog. :ding: Plus rose said he sleeps until 9:30 in the morning....so he's a match made in heaven for me...... lol

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I bet he will be up before the sun if Mark does. But if Mark takes him out for a tinkle he would probably settle back in until the next session woke. He does sound perfect. How does he react when Athena comes in? I know you posted pics but I was wondering if he needs to get to know a kid or if he instinctively loves kids.
Butt loves kids as long as he isn't surrounded by a whole mess, like 15-20 of them. Then he will get a wee bit nervous. Ears back, slinking a little. Actually a lot like he looks in the pic I posted. Jonni was making him stay and I was pointing something at him (a camera) and he thought he was in trouble. But one-on-one or four or five of them he is in the middle of them saying "Oh goody! You came to play with me!"

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,937
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image