Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#254553 Jan 5th, 2009 at 08:05 AM
Memosa Offline OP
500 Posts
OP Offline
500 Posts
By the way when you check in today JM these are for you.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

My next house will have no kitchen - just vending machines and a large trash can.
Memosa #254943 Jan 7th, 2009 at 09:06 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Online Content
Patriot
10k Posts
I've got Ireland in my blood too. That's the only place out of the US I want to visit.

Bestofour #255068 Jan 7th, 2009 at 06:01 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
thumbup i don't have the beer stein, but i have a couple of the wake jars. of course, i remember when they were served in oversized champagne glasses. you didn't get to keep the glass, but you did get a cool kelly green garter thumbup

sheri, if you like irish, you should make it a point to get to mcguire's irish pub in pensacola florida. it is the closest to an irish pub that is a commercial entity you will find in the states. although, the prices are more irish shock i remember when they were more of a pub and less of a restaurant, the prices were better then lol

pam, have you ever had the green beer for st. pats?

#255199 Jan 8th, 2009 at 07:51 AM
Memosa Offline OP
500 Posts
OP Offline
500 Posts
Yep, I have had a few but actually I am a Stout person and I think that McGuires makes just about the best tasting Stout ever made. But then they have a brew master there Steve who is one of the premier brew master in the country.
Of course like you I remember when McGuires started out over at Builders Square off Fairfield and it was just a wee hole in the wall pub. They mostly served soups, sandwiches, and drink then and had an ol Drunken sailor dummy sitting at the bar that I got many a laugh from watching other real drunks try to talk to as they were standing at the bar waiting to be served. Oh an there you got a really good view of the "rest rooms". I use to make a lot of money making bets on that.
But once they evolved and moved to the old Fire house on Government they became a top notch restaurant! I have met my share of celbs there. I actually discovered McGuires on St. Paddys back on March 17, 1980 and have spent St.Paddys day there every year since. But last year was a downer for me because Mike the little leprechaun had passed away and that was their first year with out him. I so missed getting to dance our Irish day jig together. And I got a wild hair and dyed my hair red for St.Paddys day last year for our party there ( we always get a group of about 6 to 10 that goes together and we start at 10 am and stay until 6 to 8 pm) and anyway I liked the color so well on me that I have kept my hair dyed that color.

Last edited by Memosa; Jan 8th, 2009 at 07:53 AM.

My next house will have no kitchen - just vending machines and a large trash can.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,928
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image