Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#255511 Jan 9th, 2009 at 08:56 PM
OP Offline
Good evening all, Just found this great garden club, And so glad to be here, Sounds like alot of good information on the boards.I love to garden,, craft,, grow flowers,, and make things out of found objects,, Hope to see you around the threads,, Linda

Living the country life,, Crofton Kentucky..
armymom05 #255512 Jan 9th, 2009 at 09:11 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Welcome, armymom from California. One of our hostesses is a Ky native. It sounds like you will fit right in with the crowd.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
#255713 Jan 10th, 2009 at 01:52 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
wavy welcome from ga. i see our other ky person found you!

#255791 Jan 10th, 2009 at 03:41 PM
The Bird Man
5k Posts
The Bird Man
5k Posts
Ahhhh. Now ye'll be about 100 miles Nor'west o' me, then. I be Thornius in Nashville, TN. Welcome to the forum!

[Linked Image]
Kingdoms RAGE and go to war...but the PEasants plant potatoes..

EARTH FIRST! (we'll strip-mine the OTHER planets later.)
armymom05 #256208 Jan 12th, 2009 at 05:12 AM
hi, i'm new here.

i have no idea if this reply box puts this on a message board or sends to person...i'm a technophobe with no idea what i'm doing ...im also a poor plant parent. but before i praise myself up to much i will do what needs doing and say........hello out there......can any body hear me?????

i have an aloe vera plant that i'm desperate to save and it may be too late!!! i need ER style emergency advice.

the poor thing has lived on woth little care for years,it lived on the bathroom window with a plant that i cant tell ya what it is, but ive had them for over 15 years. my poor aloe plant got taller and looked like it needed support(cane) but i didnt give one. (yes, cruel, now im sorry) my sister knocked it off the window smashing its pot. it looked all too unsteady to stand, and i had no time to sort it out and no clue how to. so, my reaction was to place it in an old catlitter tray(laying dowwn) where its been for about a month.i watered it little as i was worried that the water would sog the leaves and rot them, but now they are rotting /dying anyway. it couldnt stand alone if it tried, so i tilt the tray toward light but its laying down which blocks light to half and it just looks so sad.

i know its my fault. i should have got around to repotting ....i did bad....but now my sentimental side finally knicked in and please please help me, i must save this poor sad negleted plant.

can anyone help? ....i hope noone minds me bursting in here with like this . sorry.

reguards zero

Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
hi from Arkansas

that's the thing with aloe, the less attention the better
if it had made more than one plant you might break it aprat and see if a smaller portion does better

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
suzydaze #256445 Jan 12th, 2009 at 09:23 PM
hi, thanks for reply....re my poor aloe......

its funny ya mention more plants...ive read a few mentions of this and word of flowers??? erm well, i know that my little plant is an aloe, but its never done any of that. it started life with me as about 8inches high, with maybe 8 leaves or branches or whatever they are called. little fat long things with spikey edges. it never did grow a lot, but its maybe 1 and half feet tall now, or it was. the bottom bit has looked to me like its a bit thin and weak to hold up the heavy top bit. and ive never known wwhat to do with it...i tried using one leaf once for mild burn but i had an allergic reaction to it so didnt bother ripping the poor thing to bits again. i didnt know where best to take a leaf from and it all seamed a bit bruttal.

now its fat leaf things are no longer a mild green or fat or strong and 'snappable' looking, they are more like a withered carrot that has been left in the fridge too many weeks. no snap, all bend and wilt. the coulour doesnt look good, a dark green with brown ends and it looks like its weaping.

does anyone know,,,,do i re-pot it? do i give it a cane? can i use regular cheap potting compost? when i say i know nothing i really mean it. does it need to move to a warmer room? its winter here and my home is old and cold...do aloe plants like lemonade? or any other special rescue remedie for aloe?

thanks for reading. all replies appreciated....reguard zero

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,887
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image