Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
2k Posts
OP Offline
2k Posts
HI everyone and a happpy happy new year to alll i know and to alll i don t hello !

i m never on the forum too long as everyone knows but i m back and will be here once in a while...........so i m looking forward to speak to you all. . now gonna try to find that c h..probabbly by now the 1000000000000000000000000000000000 th. one....

The Man
3k Posts
The Man
3k Posts
Hi!!! when I saw your name Francine...ehh i remember her grin nice to see you again! how much snow do you have lol it's about 2 feet here

[Linked Image]

Helping the world one seed at a time

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. Mary Ann LaPensee
2k Posts
OP Offline
2k Posts

hey Kenny,

how ya doing fellow canuck...happy new year to you and yours and may all wishes comes true.

here is sure less snowy than last winter where we had about 9 or 10 storm and about snow to the hips but this winter ain t really bad... right now we ve got aboutthe same as you i would say, but wouldn t you say our cold weather is soooooooooo cozy....hahah

i ll be here a bit more often now, i ve lost my job( well a bit of both.. i don t know if i m gonna retire or look else where...for now i go with the flow... at least for now.. it s been 6 mounths already.

well hope to talk to you soon and thanks for the post

love

Franny
xoxo

Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
wavy well hello frannie! welcome home kissie

2k Posts
OP Offline
2k Posts
hello Cindy, hello Jiffy(funny how writing those words i was playing camp granada in my head...like...hello mother, hello father...hahah remember that...)joking aside, how you both doing? hope your health has improoved a lot Cindy and that you ll have a better year in 2009.

Jiffy i wish you a very good new year a lot of dreams coming true,how ya doing ?

2k Posts
OP Offline
2k Posts
hey, wheres the ch now? can t find it

The Man
3k Posts
The Man
3k Posts
still down in banter hall grin

[Linked Image]

Helping the world one seed at a time

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. Mary Ann LaPensee
500 Posts
500 Posts
Hellllllllllooooooooo to you from here as well, Franny. That hello is a bit like the hello Horton says to the mayor in 'Horton hears a Who'. And guess what; Jim Carrey, who plays Horton, and also happens to be my favourite actor, also comes from your part of the world. How's that for a coincidence?

We are getting a little less snow than you guys; it's 37°C here today (I think that's around 100 in that crazy scale they use over that way), and 39°C is forecast for tomorrow, so I don't think we'll be seeing much snow in the near future. But I think I'd like a bit of snow; my garden is suffering!!!

Eternity
2k Posts
OP Offline
2k Posts
hello Stevie,

thank you for your post i m please to meet you.unfortunately i don t exactly recall the hello you re talkinf of but i do remember the movie,it s a classic.i know that actor and yes he is a canuck also like me and a couple of my friends over here on the garden helper...kenny is one of them he s in ontario wich is our neighbour to the west,.Jim Carry if i m not mistaking is from the west of canada, let s say about 25 or30 hundred miles from kenny and i(kenny correct me if i m wrong. )

want to switch country for a whilw , though here today is about -3 c. wich is not too bad, compare to the - 30 they say it ll be tomorrow; i d be happy to trade if you insist...hahah!

well thanks and hoe to talk to you soon.

500 Posts
500 Posts
Yeah, something right in between your weather and ours would be perfect!! -30 is a bit extreme! Do you normally use °F, or °C? We've had a drought here for about 11 years. We are over it now; nobody would complain if it rained for 6 months.

Something else we loved from Canada was 'Ice Road Truckers'. Even my wife enjoyed that series, about those crazy guys who drive trucks over the frozen lakes to the mines. I said to my family that I'd love to do that, but they just looked at me like I'm crazy, which I might be; you probably knew that once I mentioned Jim Carrey.

Eternity
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
hi franny. i'm still hanging around, thanks for asking. and yes, i remember the camp granada song all too well :wink:

2k Posts
OP Offline
2k Posts
hey Stevie,

how you doing ? oh my god, an 11 yr. drough poor you, people that own farm must be really tired of that, i wish you only rain for 2009... at least a couple of mounths of it.

here we re in celsius ohhhhh i wouls say for the past 25 yrs, and fellow canadian you re welcome to correct me if i m wrong; ya it would be nice a good temperature in between ours and your weather.

here something i don t know if you ve got but i know you ll enjoy...especially if you work on shift and miss your show or if you forget to tape it,

http://www.history.com/minisites/iceroadtruckers

you ve got every shows on the net...enjoy.....those guys must be a little bit crazy...specially when springs approching.... my dad s got that as an icon on his desktop and sometimes watches it.....we love it.

well thanks for the chat .

have a good one.

2k Posts
OP Offline
2k Posts
hi Jiffy,

how ya doing, didn t you buy a motorcycle last year...or am i mistaking... so how is it ? still like it?

hope to talk to you soon at camp granada...i just love this song..... soooo funny....

see ya,

Franny

500 Posts
500 Posts
Hi Francine, thanks for that link; that is great! I love it. And it has the big grumpy guy at the top. Think they call him polar bear or something like that (should be grizzly bear). I will look at the website properly tonight.

Yes, the drought has been a disaster, especially in the south-east of Australia, where we are. The north are having no such problems; some places have way too much rain. Now, if only we could pipe some of their water down here....

Eternity
2k Posts
OP Offline
2k Posts
Stevie,

i m glad you like it, to tell you the truth i didn t know if you had it or not on you computer but i took a chance , telling myself you d like it.

Keith(my husband of 20 yr. now) said maybe you had it , we re glad you like.

hope you ve got a good rainstorm by now....over here today it s - 30 with windshield factor....in a way you re lucky to be in summer over there.

ok now s the stupid question and i know it looks a little bit cliche but......is there a lot of kangoorooos and koalas where you live..... they are sooooo nice...............told you it was a bit cliche...one day i d love to go to australia............would you believe after 25 yrs in an airport i still have to go visit Australia ...and Europe....hey, hey...one day!

well have a good one.

Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Hiya CRaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy Franny!!!

How've ya been - so sorry about your job - unfortunately there is too much of that going around right now. But I'm glad you decided to come back and play with us a bit while you decide which direction to take next!

Hope you don't mind if I hijack this post for just a minute, Franny...

Originally Posted by stevie_g
Hellllllllllooooooooo to you from here as well, Franny. That hello is a bit like the hello Horton says to the mayor in 'Horton hears a Who'. And guess what; Jim Carrey, who plays Horton, and also happens to be my favourite actor, also comes from your part of the world. How's that for a coincidence?

Stevie - my son is finishing up a temporary job this week - it's been about 6 weeks, for the company that produced the Horton Hears a Who movie!!! His job was to help them pack up, move, and set up all the computers in their new office building in Connecticut. And this last week to ensure that all the computers are working well and back together properly. Too bad they didn't want to hire him on full time - my son says it's a wild office with all sorts of characters from their movies all around, and very colorful employees as well! The very first person he saw there was a guy with a very high bright PINK mohawk hairdo!!! He has taken pictures of some of the offices there - I've yet to see them, but he says they are incredibly painted and decorated showing all the creativity that the employees have.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
2k Posts
OP Offline
2k Posts

Hello Lynn,

i m alright , enjoying this cozy -32 with windshield factor...you know how it is....hahah

hey, that s a wonderful job your son had, it must ve been so much fun to walk around in this office; and a lot of work also i pressume. too bad they didn t hire him full time, hey maybe next time they call him because they ll know he did such a wonderful job and they ll hire him full time.

do you stil knit...for i m not seeing this little cat tjat always knit...

hope to talk to you soon.

love
Franny.

Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Hi again Franny!

I have been knitting - have a whole thread down in hobbies about my projects. Lately I've taken up beading, so I've been doing lots of that too.

We are also having that oh-so freezing cold weather and on Friday it's supposed to be the coldest that it's been since 2005! Ah, well... this too shall pass.

So what are you doing with yourself for fun these days?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
500 Posts
500 Posts
Hi Lynne and Francine,

Lynne, that must have been a fun job; I hope your son is able to find the work he needs.

Francine, we would love to show you and Keith around here and introduce you to all those critters you mentioned! So make sure you contact us if you do come over. Sometimes I've seen wallabies on our street; no problems finding them, although our town is growing and they are getting pushed further out. Koalas are harder to find, but I'm sure we could manage something! No rain as yet, a few showers predicted for tomorrow (that usually means about 3 drops).

Last edited by stevie_g; Jan 14th, 2009 at 04:42 PM. Reason: spelling

Eternity
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Originally Posted by Francine
hi Jiffy,

how ya doing, didn t you buy a motorcycle last year...or am i mistaking... so how is it ? still like it?

hope to talk to you soon at camp granada...i just love this song..... soooo funny....

see ya,

Franny
yes, i did. but haven't been able ride it lately. but i'll be back on it this summer thumbup good memory.

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Francine I wish you'd stick around more. Now that you're retired, sort of, you can spend more time with us.

2k Posts
OP Offline
2k Posts
hello everyone,

lynn... i l go visit your knitting project and tell you about it tomorrow.for now here even too cold to type....try this as i know it s almost as cold here( today and now it s - 37 ) where younare.... boil water, open the door and splash it in the air.it s so cool instant crystals..can t do that with cold water cause hot freezez faster than cold water....hope this week end will at least be -15 or 20........it d be warmer.............of caurse + 80 would be great also..hahah

thanks for the invite stevie so i ll be sure to give you a call if i get money enough to go ...must be so nice......did you ever come to canada.....we ll be your tour guide around here...don t be shy.you re all welcome anytime...ppl. where ever you re from u s australia, holland ....anywhere don t be shy.

yes i ll be here more often, i promise.

love you all...........

2k Posts
OP Offline
2k Posts

Jiffy,

hope you ll be back on it very soon.....good memories!

500 Posts
500 Posts
Hi Francine,

-37!! I think you were right; we are kind of lucky here with the warm weather. But I know Canada is a beautiful place. I haven't been, but I have an aunt who has been at least twice. I've seen some of her photos, and postcards that she sent us. If we can ever afford to travel, I will take you up on that offer! Would love to visit people who write on this site; you almost feel like you know them.

Right now we are paying off our house, and I work in chemistry, which is an unstable environment (there aren't many science jobs in Oz), so we don't travel much. Last Christmas we visited my parents in Perth; that was a great treat!

Eternity
500 Posts
500 Posts
I was thinking today about all you people suffering in the cold and snow at the moment in Canada and the top of the US. But I guess that's also part of what makes your continent able to support so much life. Here, we have a large land mass like Canada or the US, but it's only really viable to live around the edges becasue it's so dry in the interior. I think we are already struggling to support the population we have, at 22 million.

Eternity

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,892
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image