Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
My first small bowl of salad was so good, I decided to make another one. Of course it isn't exactly the same because I ran out of some of the original ingredients. But that is the fun of salad --- it is never the same way twice!!

This endless cold weather is starting to make me a little cranky. I always have a harder time with it by February.... really ready to be done! The kids are still having fun out there as are the outdoor winter enthusiasts, so I can't complain too hard. I save the big gripes for when even the kids are sick of it! lol

Merme

Last edited by Merme; Jan 25th, 2009 at 07:56 PM.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I just thought I would drop in to say goodnight to everyone---

Sweet dreams to all. wavy
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good night,Carol. I'm about ready to call it a night too. I'm tired.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Safe away home O my palies and sweet dreams to you all.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
is every still asleep? Am I the only one working? If I'm working why am I on the forum right?

I had a severe asthma attack. It was the worst ever in my life. I've had a couple before but I was always able to get a little air. Last night I was sitting in church minding my own business and then I couldn't breath. It happened that fast. No warning. I left the church thinking it would go away in a minute, but when it didn't I thought I was going to die by myself in the church parking lot. I have an inhaler, that I've never used, in my purse which I had left on the pew. I guess I was using every muscle in my upper body trying to get air because my chest and both arms were burning. It was horrible. After maybe 15 minutes I got a little better and someone came out and checked on me, then brought me my purse and I went home.

I've never been sure that these attacks are actually asthma but this morning I was still having a little trouble breathing so I finally used that inhaler and I got some better. I guess that means it's asthma.

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
I'm the only registered user online.

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
Oh sheri. that sounds so scary! glad you are feeling better this morning.
I don't go into work today till around noon. I'm doing a bit of straightening up this morning. I'm trying to take it easy on my elbow. it has been hurting since last thursday. I must have pulled a muscle or something? I babied it so much over the weekend that now my other arm is sore from doing all the work. I have a short day today, so hopefully by tomorrow all will be back to normal.

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Good late morning, everybody!

SHERI!! You probably need to touch bases with your pulmonologist or whoever it is who follows you for the asthma. They've devised many new protocols & distinctly different treatments for all types of asthma in recent years & your doc might want to make changes that will be more effective for you.

I'm sorry you had such a bad attack last night but I'm very glad you didn't end up in the hospital!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Thinking of you,Sheri. That has to be about the scariest thing going. Keep your purse tight under your arm, please.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I'm nearly ready to leave for the day, so I'll check back in later.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Merme

SHERI!! You probably need to touch bases with your pulmonologist or whoever it is who follows you for the asthma. They've devised many new protocols & distinctly different treatments for all types of asthma in recent years & your doc might want to make changes that will be more effective for you.

I'm sorry you had such a bad attack last night but I'm very glad you didn't end up in the hospital!

OH MY Goodness, Sheri--i am so releived you are ok now-- kissie kissie--I agree with Merme--you need to go see a pulmonologist ASAP.--Hopefully he could help you prevent such an episode from reocurring--- :wink:

________

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Originally Posted by Merme

Merme

Thanks for the support everyone but I'm ok now. It just scared me and I thought how stupid to come into an empty parking lot to die alone. At least in the church they could have prayed for me. devil

Merme, I don't have a pulmonologist and I got mad at my allergy doctor about 4 years ago and have never been back. Guess I need to find someone.

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I am glad you are ok now, Sheri--I hope there is no "next time"...I will be praying so...

do you have a full day today???

________

500 Posts
500 Posts
[Linked Image]

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Originally Posted by JunieGirl
I am glad you are ok now, Sheri--I hope there is no "next time"...I will be praying so...

do you have a full day today???

I work 7 - 2:30 everyday. I usually stay a little longer than 2:30 but I'm at my good school today so I'll probably leave on time.

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I guess 2:30 is not so bad---when/IF it ever gets to be spring--there will be plenty of light left for you to garden. clap

I hate to leave such good company--but I have to go to the grocery store---they are predicting bad weather remember----

catch you later---- wavy

________

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Hadeda
[Linked Image]

Cute, Mark. I know this feeling well, come summer here too.
I am glad you are feeling better today, Sheri. Do you have any refills on your inhaler? Have you any clues as to what triggered the attack?
I am finished with my running around for the day. It feels good to know my car is in good condition for the future abuse I will give it.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
This morning is the first time I've used this inhaler and the expiration date isn't unitl 6/09 so it's good.

I couldn't figure out why I went from 0 to 100 without stopping in between as I've felt the other times did as well. I found out that I really didn't do that. I've had a cough for maybe 2 weeks and it's evidentially been building until something caused the last straw last night. Maybe the other times I'd had a cough too and just don't remember. Anyway, I'm better now. Thanks for asking.

Almost time for me to go home. It's been a short day. Busy busy.

Snow Bunny
3k Posts
Snow Bunny
3k Posts
Sheri please don't wait to use your inhaler from now on. I too have asthma and I used to be of the if you ignore it, it will go away evenutally mentality but no more. I haven't had a bad episode in years but I don't wait around on it anymore.

Wish me luck, I applied for a job at the local airport! I need a job pretty badly.

[Linked Image]
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Oh, good luck, Fernie. I will cross my fingers for you. The job market is very tough right now. Everyday something new is closing or downsizing. I worry for all of my friends.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Yes we hear of businesses closing, or downsizing here as well--Fernie I will be thinking of you, good luck...

________

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,883
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image