Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#259754 Jan 28th, 2009 at 10:37 PM
OP Offline
Hello everyone.I'm from south Mississippi.While we do have long growing seasons, it's extremely hot and humid, with very little rain. Other than plants that grow almost anywhere(cosmos,marigold,etc.) and natives, I haven't found much that will thrive here. I already have every native plants I could find in all their variations. If anyone's has had success in a similar climate, please tell me your' secret. prayers

Last edited by Moth2Flame; Jan 29th, 2009 at 12:18 AM.

-Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

-If you know someone who tries to drown their sorrows. You might tell them sorrows know how to swim.

500 Posts
500 Posts
Hi Moth2Flame, and welcome to the forum. Mississippi must be one of the greatest place names ever devised! I don't know that much about your climate, but can sympathise about not getting much rain! Anyway, you will certainly find some good advice here (just not from me!).

Eternity
stevie_g #259758 Jan 29th, 2009 at 04:58 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Hello Moth2Flame wavy Glad you found us!

Sounds like you have a nice garden with so many varieties of your native plants there ,, * We love to see pictures here, thumbup *
I'm From North Tx so our humidity level isn't as intense as yours but it very hot here in the summer. We didn't get much rain here last spring and summer so a lot of my plants in ground suffered too,, even tho my water bill was high trying to keep them going,, so I feel your pain to a degree boohoo

Stick around,, lots of good people here with awesome gardening tips,
I'm looking forward to seeing pics' of your native plants thumbup

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
wavy welcome from a former gulf coaster! i feel your pain on the humidity and rain, but you will find answers here!

#259876 Jan 29th, 2009 at 07:10 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Hello Moth2flame.---I must say I like your quote.

Welcome to the forum.---
I look forward to seeing photos of all of your plants.--
As I live in the central US--I cannot help you much with advice, sorry. kissie

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
OP Offline
Thank you all for the warm welcome. kissie I've found lots of great information already. One thing I haven't been able to find is germination techniques for Passion vine. I'm sure I've just overlooked it. Can anyone tell me where to find some info?

I'll look for some pics to put up asap. To be honest, I'm a forum newbie and haven't mastered adding pics to post yet. Please forgive me for any(the many) mistakes I make while I'm learning. Trust me, there will be plenty of them. grin

wavy

-Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

-If you know someone who tries to drown their sorrows. You might tell them sorrows know how to swim.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,893
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image