Rate Thread
#264588 Feb 22nd, 2009 at 08:11 PM
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Anyone who knows a child, knows of the adorable & sweet things they can say or ask. I thought it would be fun to have a thread where we all could post our favorites from whomever.

So I'll start...

Once, when Maxi was very small he was watching TV. He turned to me and in this very sweet voice asked "Mommy, how do you get to dot com dot com?" I chuckled but then realized that the TV ads all said "GO TO blah blah blah dot com" so he thought it was a place.

I'm not exactly sure what was so dear about that moment, but I think it partially had to do with the tone of voice which sounded kind of wistful...

So what about you? What dear thing have you heard a child say?

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Merme #264599 Feb 22nd, 2009 at 08:51 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
No endearing but cute is this---
when Emily (my youngest) was about 3 she overheard me scolding her sister. After making sure her sister was OK she told me to "never yell at her sister again and that if I did she would tie me up and throw me away"....she then told her sister she was her best friend.

There are a million of these stories about Emily--she was quite precocious.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
JunieGirl #264605 Feb 22nd, 2009 at 09:07 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
We moved form an apartment to a house when my older son was 4. He said one day he thought all people should live in houses instead of compartments. I agreed.
Likewise prop planes were made to go by compellers. I also agreed.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #264606 Feb 22nd, 2009 at 09:09 PM
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Tina! How sweet! lol

I would hate living in compartments too!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Merme #264611 Feb 22nd, 2009 at 09:17 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I do wish I had written down all of his 'mistakes' that made so much sense.
A month or so ago I bought a pedi-paws to grind down my dogs claws instead of clipping them.My daughter (17) asked when I was going to use the pedifile. That is what we call it in our house now. Funny. lol

Last edited by jonni13; Feb 22nd, 2009 at 09:19 PM. Reason: typing like a drunk

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #264625 Feb 23rd, 2009 at 05:21 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
When My oldest was 4 .. I showed her I could wiggle my ears,,, She said, * shock * "Mommy Do you have Batteries In your ears??" *shock* ......... lol

Then when her son,My oldest Grandson was 5, I had to constantly remind him to buckle up when we got in the car. One day right before we got in the car I reminded him,,,, "remember when we get it in the car we automatically buckle ourselves in". Well when we got in the car he just sat there and didn't buckle himself in,,,,,,, I asked him, "why are you just sitting there , isn't there something you're supposed to be doing??"
He said,,,,,," I AM Grandma,,,, I'm waiting for the car to automatically buckle me up, how long is it going to take,, cuz we're going to be late!"

haha

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
angelblossom #264628 Feb 23rd, 2009 at 06:15 AM
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Batteries in your ears?! ohmygoodness, Diane, that is darling! And I think it was a very bright comment for your grandson to understand "automatically" at that age! lol

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Merme #264630 Feb 23rd, 2009 at 06:30 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
2 years ago when my grandson was 4, his aunt Ginger was dating her now husband Christopher. Chris is a city boy and we are country people. For Christmas that year Ginger's dad was fixing up a tool bag for Christopher (seriously, the man did not own 1 tool). Colby overheard Ginger's dad tell this to his mother to which Colby asked "mom, is Christopher a boy?" He couldn't imagine that a grown boy wouldn't have his own tool bag.

Bestofour #264654 Feb 23rd, 2009 at 09:01 AM
When Bunny was small, I worked on an ambulance. She called it an "elephance"!

She is also the one that told the secretary that her last name was "Rabbit" after telling her that her first name was "Bunny"!

When Teeny was about 4, she told me she was hungry after having just eaten a HUGE meal. I made the comment about how she must have worms to stay so hungry all the time. The next day she came up to me and told me her "worms" were hungry again!

Allie lost a tooth at the age of 2 from an accident she had. Well, she didn't LOOSE it, she broke it really bad and the dentist had to pull it. It was one of her top front ones, too. Of course, she started loosing her other teeth naturally as she got older. But these grew back. She looked at us one day and said, "I guess Jesus just forgot about my other tooth!"

There's a million of them! LOL

Annette

gwhalh #264758 Feb 23rd, 2009 at 08:36 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
when my sister was small, she walked into the livingroom & said to mom---"Mommy I smell something" mom asked her what she smelled & she said I smell a sandwich. (sammach). We guess she was hungry & this was her way of telling mom she wanted to eat something.

The same week she ran into the house & told us how she had just seen a "cocko-watch-ko- bird----we still do not know what she saw.....

________

JunieGirl #264762 Feb 23rd, 2009 at 09:25 PM
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Originally Posted by JunieGirl
this was her way of telling mom she wanted to eat something.

lol

Maxi had a more direct approach. When he was very small, he'd call to me from his room "wake up and cook, Mommy! wake up and cook!" At the very cracks of dawn, no less.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Merme #264763 Feb 23rd, 2009 at 09:43 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Merme

Maxi had a more direct approach. When he was very small, he'd call to me from his room "wake up and cook, Mommy! wake up and cook!" At the very cracks of dawn, no less.
Merme

........... lol.............

________

JunieGirl #264768 Feb 23rd, 2009 at 10:25 PM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
When my son was little he was a slow to talker and then we he did he would make up words for what he wanted to say... if he didn't know what something was he would say "what's that red thing?" problem was it wasn't always red and he would get very impatient when we didn't know what he was talking about-
He also called the hospital a hortapittle... he has asthsma so he knew all about hospitals... and a napkin was a kinnap... we always said he had his own language going for a while....
Nana

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,880
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image