Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#265760 Feb 28th, 2009 at 06:11 PM
OP Offline
Hello There,

I have a 5 year old Jade plant. I repotted her in summer last year. She continues to grow straight up. No branches. Now her little leaves have roots growing out of them. Can someone please advise? I repotted her because she was growing so tall I use a straw to prop her upright... I want her to grow other branches, is that possible? How can I help her to do that? Can I set her on her side and place her little roots growing from her branches in moist soil? I will wait to get advise...
Thank you in advance for any help!

Last edited by bfcrocker; Feb 28th, 2009 at 06:12 PM.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I wish I could see a picture of your jade for best advice. How tall is it? You could cut of the very tip (and plant it). It should develop branches below after tip cutting. That may depend on if there are any leaves or buds below the cut. If the leaf growth is all on the top, I would be leery to do that.
You could remove a couple of those leaves that have started to grow air roots and place them on the soil at the base of your plants for further filling out growth.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Deep Purple
2k Posts
Deep Purple
2k Posts
please post a pic.

there are hundreds of crassula's and a lot of them are called 'jade plant' when they're really not that particular variety. what you have may be something else - something that doesn't branch.

Zone 6b
Have trimmed my jade. Simply cut and put them back in the soil. Seems to be taking very nicely.

1k Posts
1k Posts
This worked for me as well Shirley, now I have a bunch of little ones popping out of the sides of the mother stems. The trimmed ones I stuck into the soil are growing as well.

[Linked Image]

Kindness is a language the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
1k Posts
1k Posts
Here are some pictures for you to see how it works.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Kindness is a language the deaf can hear and the blind can see.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,887
Average Daily Posts2
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image