Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#266939 Mar 5th, 2009 at 08:33 PM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,236
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,236
I love to go to Sam's Club and just walk around...one, because if I walk through every aisle in the thing just once, I have walked a mile. lol Two, because I LOVE to see all of the stuff that they have.....which they change out often enough to hold my attention (and you never know if your going to see a good deal). Three, the kids like to see everything also and it keeps THEM entertained for an entire hour when we stroll through and chat about the things we see (Maddie STILL points out 'our' vacuum every time we go down that aisle!). Anyways, our Sam's has just put a rather large addition onto the store so they are getting tons of new and AWESOME stuff in. They are also getting in their gardening supplies....which usually makes me drool. Today I stopped in to pick up some pictures that I have printed and decided to take a quick stroll to the back of the store to see if they still have something in stock that I really would like to get (it is in the clearance and marked down section).

I got half way to the back of the store and saw it.....the most GORGEOUS thing I have ever seen in the history of all things to be seen! It is called the Backyard Botanical Complete Gardening System and it is super cool! I told Stephen if we had an extra $800 laying around I'd totally get it. lol ...he laughed also. But I am going to try to go back tomorrow and take some pictures of it and try to figure out if it would be possible to build it. I found the link to it so that you could all see it. I like how it is raised and kind of fenced in so that they dogs couldn't get to the veggies and such...
Gardening System
By the way...the website has it listed for $999 but the store had it for $899...which I thought interesting. I didn't think that Sam's did introductory pricing. why


[Linked Image]
hisgal2 #266941 Mar 5th, 2009 at 08:59 PM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,027
Likes: 9
I think this could be much cheaper to build your own, Jenn. But it is quite cool to look at.


~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #266942 Mar 5th, 2009 at 09:08 PM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,236
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,236
I think it is soo expensive because of the cedar that it is made of. It has some sort plastic tubs that raise the planting beds up off the ground. I'll have more time to look at it tomorrow when I go. I was in a rush because I had to get to a meeting.

I realize it is always cheaper to built these things....I just loved how it looked and everything. Stephen said something about maybe being able to build something similar to it. I told him I'd probably want to make it wider...more like a 12'x4' instead of 8'x8'. He said I have alot on my to-do list for this year already. lol



Do you ever see anything and thing "Man! I wish soooo bad I could have that!?"


[Linked Image]
hisgal2 #266943 Mar 5th, 2009 at 10:18 PM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,039
Likes: 38
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 48,039
Likes: 38
Golly Jenn, I would love to see the System in person!!!---But I bet it is a good thing that I will not be able to---- lol--OPlease keep us updated if Stephen does in fact decide to build you one. thumbup


[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________



Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
JunieGirl #266951 Mar 6th, 2009 at 05:35 AM
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258
Likes: 33
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 19,258
Likes: 33
Hope vegetables grown in that thing taste really good. grin



Bestofour #266986 Mar 6th, 2009 at 10:50 AM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,236
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,236
I think if we build something like this we'd to it together. I love building things. I used to love to play with legos, lincoln logs, and tinker toys. Now I like playing with drills, saws, wood, nails, and screws. lol


[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in August
Gardening in September
Gardening in October


Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,335
Posts243,567
Average Daily Posts5
Members16,003
Most Online142,934
May 16th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
Karys 1
Random Gallery Image
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1