Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#268334 Mar 13th, 2009 at 03:51 PM
Memosa Offline OP
500 Posts
OP Offline
500 Posts
My cousin brought me these 3 sweet girls yesterday. They are about 6 or 7 weeks old. One of them really likes to purr and chirp every time you touch her.
I have had them for about 24 hours but I found them a new home where when they are old enough the sweet lady who has taken them in will be able to release them in her yard that has a good number of Oak and fruit trees and no apparent prey. She has named them Molly, Polly and Dolly.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The pictures are not very good because I couldn't get them to stay above the grass bed ( all three together ) long enough to get a good picture of them.

My next house will have no kitchen - just vending machines and a large trash can.
Memosa #268343 Mar 13th, 2009 at 04:53 PM
The Bird Man
5k Posts
The Bird Man
5k Posts
In college I watched a Golden Retriever chasing a baby squirrel just that size across a HUGE open field with NO trees. I was a bit concerned. THEN the baby squirrel saw me and made a bee-line for me. He had my leg like a gunshot, scrambled up my back, got on top of my head, and started chattering and squalling furiously at the dog, who, by that time, was jumping all over me. The owner called the dog and led him away. The baby squirrel ran down my arm and cuddled in my hand. I put him in my shirt pocket and walked up to the huge trees on campus where the squirrels lived, took him out of my pocket, and put him on a branch where he happily scrambled up into the safety of the boughs.

[Linked Image]
Kingdoms RAGE and go to war...but the PEasants plant potatoes..

EARTH FIRST! (we'll strip-mine the OTHER planets later.)
Thornius #268348 Mar 13th, 2009 at 05:23 PM
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
awwww....cute babies, memosa! they look so tiny!

what a wonderful story mr. thorn. that squirel was very lucky you were around.

right after Ike, a good friend of mine found a baby squirrel out in the middle of her yard. it was such a baby the eyes were still closed. she took it inside and put it in a box in her bathtub. somehow her mamma kitty got in there and was feeding it. I figured she'd leave it with the mamma kitty till it was old enough to go back out on its own. but, she knew a guy that works at the feed store that has a lot of experience with caring for itty bitty critters like that. so, she took it to him. (when she called him, he already had 3 other baby squirrels from other people who found them laying around after the storm)

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
cricket #268378 Mar 13th, 2009 at 07:02 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
those are cute babies pam, and cricket and thorn, cute stories. my grandmother had a pet squirrel she raised. he was free to come and go through one of her windows. when he thought she had been on the phone too long (in the days of corded phones) he'd run down the phone cord from her shoulder and push the button to hang up the call lol

#268380 Mar 13th, 2009 at 07:07 PM
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
Originally Posted by Jiffymouse
when he thought she had been on the phone too long (in the days of corded phones) he'd run down the phone cord from her shoulder and push the button to hang up the call lol

no way! haha

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
#268385 Mar 13th, 2009 at 07:22 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Jiffymouse
when he thought she had been on the phone too long (in the days of corded phones) he'd run down the phone cord from her shoulder and push the button to hang up the call lol

Reminds me of Teddy. parked in the golf cart talking to someone too long so he reached over with his hands (his feet wouldn't reach when he was 3ish) and pushed my foot down onto the gas pedal. Talked too long. He still does that if you stop and chat too long but now his feet do reach. But he won't drive the cart. why

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #268388 Mar 13th, 2009 at 07:35 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
oh yes. he was quite a character. and granny could talk on the phone. a LOT! (2-3 hour calls were not unheard of, and this was before call waiting yikes )

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,313
Posts240,935
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image